• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager

This is a VillagerMan where I have added alot of animations from other models. This model is really usefull if you want your unit to attack with bow, crossbow, onehand, twohand, duel, spell or defend attack animation. The model have 40 animations.

Animation Tags

None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack

Just use this script to add an animation tag:
JASS:
call AddUnitAnimationProperties(unit,"Alternate",true)

Keywords:
VillagerMan, Man, Animation, Animations, Attack, Walk, Spell, Death, Defend, Combat, System, Warrior, Fighter
Contents

Villager (Model)

Villager (Model)

Reviews
14:35, 12th Apr 2008 General Frank: Approved. Very nice and useful model. Simple but extremely effective.
Level 1
Maybe i'm an idiot or it's becaus i'm a beginner but the "call..." thing doesn't work for me...
Someone help me?

edit: okay got it

Last edited:
Level 2
you should add a villager2 cause i like beardy better and it would be so cool if you could add a burning death a freezing death and a decapitation that would be awsome :thumbs_up:

Level 3
love ur model, using it for my city sim ^^

could you make him make a stabbing motion with his left hand. i want it to look good when hes holding a spear ^^

+rep

Level 11
Greetings,

Nice animations, I'm wondering if you could make an animation where the villager is laying on his back, either dead or sleeping (no gore or such). Also, I'm thinking making a woman villager model with these animations would complement it making it awesome.

Yours Truly,
Princess Chizume of Clan HoA

Level 2
This would be quite useful with the right gui(or jass which would prolly work better) you could make a game which with different wepons the animations changed you gained certain abilatlys (like defend) and you wouldnt need to completly change the model every time you want to switch the wepon animations or have to suffer for the punching with a sword animation which doesnt look verry good, definently gonna use this after i post this. :grin:

Level 7
I would really like to use this model in my map, but i dont really like some of the animations:

the Two handed attack is a stabbing animation. Two handed weapons are not used for stabbing and it also pretty much nagetes the use of paladin hammer with it.

Also the gold, which supposed to be duel wileding suffers from the same problem (you could just leave it one handed stabing weapon).

Level 6
Okok. I dont understand a shit ! :S

Where do i put this?:
JASS:
call AddUnitAnimationProperties(unit,"Alternate",true)

I tried coustom script but i got "error" when i try the map :(
Just use Unit Required animations in object editor. :D
I can't use the model... It says "Could not load file"...
Anyone help?
You may have already downloaded it.

Level 3
Very useful for my rpg map

The only thing is how i add a script??

Ehm my animations crashed dont know why :sad::hohum::thumbs_down:

I found it.
A simpler way is to go to object editor and click on: Required animation names (on your villager many animations)
then wrote the tag animation u want :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
To change the animation you need only to go in object editor of the villager with many animations and in Art - Required Animations Name and put a animation tag how this:

You need see what is the animation tag to you put:

Animation Tags

None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack

KC can you make a version with the arrow in bow attack, is too much strange the arrow appear only unit fire.

Edit:
You only need change the tag animation man.

Last edited: