• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager

This is a VillagerMan where I have added alot of animations from other models. This model is really usefull if you want your unit to attack with bow, crossbow, onehand, twohand, duel, spell or defend attack animation. The model have 40 animations.

Animation Tags

None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack

Just use this script to add an animation tag:
JASS:
call AddUnitAnimationProperties(unit,"Alternate",true)

Keywords:
VillagerMan, Man, Animation, Animations, Attack, Walk, Spell, Death, Defend, Combat, System, Warrior, Fighter
Contents

Villager (Model)

Villager (Model)

Reviews
14:35, 12th Apr 2008 General Frank: Approved. Very nice and useful model. Simple but extremely effective.
Level 11
I could use that too ^

What would be really useful is just a few skins for other races,
Orc: Green Skin, Black Hair, Tusks
Elf: Pale Skins, Blond Hair, Pointy Ears (if possible in a skin)
Dark Elf: Black Skin, White Hair, Pointy Ears
Undead: White Skin, No Hair, Glowy eyes

I don't think it would be too hard, but I wish the file size wasnt so big :(

Level 21
TheBlooddancer, yes, there is a way, by creating one more hero like it. The other hero... you can add him an editor suffix like "ranged" and make his attack ranged.
Or simply make the second attack of the normal hero a ranged one. Add one abbility like orb of fire with no dmg, and set it's data so it switches to attack 2 when the items is picked up. When dropped, the item will remove all his abillities from the hero, so, it will switch back to melee attack ^_^.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
It should have more versions for more races. A night elf Runner weaponless with these animations, for example. A orc warlock, a fel orc warlock, a troll, a draenei... all weaponless... One more question it's attack animation is right-handed or left-handed? I need right-handed :xxd:

Level 10
Im doing a similar model to this one, it is a dancing villager, he dances tecktonik (16 variations), melbourne shuffle (7 variations), normal psytrance whateverish dance (6 variations), messy mistaken dance (10 variations).
This is done. What i will do:
I want to do a real life villager actually, so he will walk normally, not like a medieval asshole, he will have talk animations, running, hugging, even fcking hahaha. So we can do a 'The sims' sucky map.

Ah, and this is my 333rd post. Give me rep for it! xD

Level 2
One of the best and useful models posted on this site.

Do you or anyone else think about making the same thing with weaponless and armorless Dwarves, Elves, Trolls, Ogres,... ?

Level 22
Riding anim?

How should that look?
Spread legs, and going up and down? :D

I agree, it would be pretty cool, but useless, unless its made to fit a certain model. Such as the horse.

If he rides on something else, which has different proprtions, then it would look pretty funny.

His legs would be inside.

Level 1
When ever I add an attachment to attack whit on the "attack work" animation in turns out whit just one hand holding the gun and even then the gun points sideways and into the ground. Whats wrong and why won't the gun go into his other hand?

Level 5
He needs to add the rifleman's animation, the current similar animation is the crossbow animation and it does not perform as the rifleman's animation.
Further more there is no animation that makes him act as a rifleman (unfourthently).

Level 10
This is a pretty useful model, except, the dual wield animations are kinda lame, they should be chops instead so they look better with weapons such as axes and hammers, as it is right now he just sort of prods his enemies with them, also, the current dual wield really throws off fist weapons, he attacks and they face the ground, looking useless.

An orc version would be very sweet as well, and very useful as the game I'm working on really needs one :O

Level 2
Very nice animations but I can't seem to get to the Stand Work animation(s). I've tried to add them as animation tag to the villager unit or play their animation when one is constructing but I get nothing. Just the crossbow animation.

Any ideas?