• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video game wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, I think the main character should start out alone and will gain party members as he/she further progresses through the roleplay (it could happen very quickly though). The party members should have a mind of their own though so if I were to treat say, mario like crap (by sending him to his death to allow me to escape or something) he would eventually leave or worse, join another side (skip the joining of other sides should it be too confusing (or wierd)).

Also, will the places in the video game world be references to video game places?

No. Ok, here's an example how I thought about the games n shit:
Videogames are like movies in this world. The character "acts" like in a movie. And the Videogame world is basically our world. I hope you get this.

Level 7
I do not. Could you further ellaborate how this RP will work?

well... Nevermind. Throw that theory to the garbage. Imagine just all videogame characters clustered as residents into the world of Gaming. Imagine ganondorf making plans with the Lich king about taking over the world (XD), imagine Dante and Deadpool teaming up against Master Chief and Samus Aran... That would be epic.

and well...About character dying. When a character dies He'll come back to life in his console city.

Level 7
Nah. I mean... If they were, I think then this world SHOULD get MUUCH bigger. I might change the concept of consoles to Videogame worlds (much like Hyrule, mushroom kingdom...), and the Videogame Console creators (nintendo, sony) to continents. Whatcha think?

PS: Post 500 :D

Level 7
Come to think about it, Sony and Microsoft would look blank. I mean, they share about 99% of their games. So no exclusives for them... So no, that wouldn't be a good idea.

OFFTOPIC:
What do you think of this tshirt? Should I get it done?
184657-albums3424-picture35563.png
184657-albums3424-picture35564.png
184657-albums3424-picture35565.png

PS: Don't mind the faces :D

Last edited:
Level 13
Fixed the unfair abilitiy, Kinda. Coz I think that move is a symbol of the ultamatness of predators and it deserves to be there. And by death I meant the death where you are still revivable. So if it could still be his ability that would be really cool.

EDIT: made a new energy ability.

One suggestion though, Party Battles?

Like, your team will roll a dice and the other team. The player with the highest number will have the first turn.

If someone tied in the dice rolling, another roll for them.

Example:

Player 1 : 6
Player 2 : 5
Player 3 : 5
Player 4 : 1

Players 2 and 3 will roll another dice, lets say Player 2 got 6 and Player 3 got 2.

First turn : Player 1
Second turn : Player 2
Third turn : Player 3
Fourth turn : Player 4

If a team (Team A) has higher number of members than the other team (Team B), then Team A will make some of its members inactive to make the number of the members of the two teams are equal (not remove from the party, but just remove from the battle).

KTHXBAI!
~supertoinkz aka Gwafu

Level 7
Dice doesn't seem like a good idea because, we don't have a dice system here on THW, and even if we had one, it would be more like luck, not tactic. My system is based on the abilities and characteristics of the player. Someone can have a ability where he gets more evasion (speed) points, and so raises the chance for the enemy to miss...
And the suggestion for Party battles is good. I'll look into that, and add something to the first site. I got an idea. We will have battles over PM-ing. Then I copy'n'paste the info and post it here. Therefore we would not spend 2 pages only on 1 single battle, but only 1 post. Here're the rules you must, well, not break:
1. The enemy must be online.
2. That's all :D

EDIT: DOne. Added the free-for-all-party-system. Planing on team systems right now... Just I need to figure out how to do that... Ok, i've got a concept in my head.

EDIT: DOne with that too :)

Last edited:
Level 11
Name: Hideyoshi toyotomi
Video-game: Samurai warriors/Samurai warriors 2
Console: Playstation2
Personality: brave,fearless
Info: Toyotomi Hideyoshi (豊臣 秀吉?, February 2, 1536 or March 26, 1537 – September 18, 1598) was a daimyo in the Sengoku period who unified the political factions of Japan. He succeeded his former liege lord, Oda Nobunaga, and brought an end to the Sengoku period. The period of his rule is often called the Momoyama period, named after Hideyoshi's castle. He is noted for a number of cultural legacies, including the restriction that only members of the samurai class could bear arms. Hideyoshi is regarded as Japan's second "great unifier."
Is good: X Yes / No
Is hero: X Hero / Antihero
Is attribute: X Powerful / Fast / Intelligent
i will give him an ability soon.because i'm too tired now

Level 7
@error trigger: Wow, you picked Hideyoshi Toyotomi. Never would have guessed someone picking him. IF you told me you would pick some Samurai Warrior character, I would bet my money you would pick Ranmaru Mori (My fave from the games), Yoshiali Ashikaga or Nobunaga Oda.

Level 7
@masken: all right.

@Error trigger: what do you mean "how to make an icon?"

I kinda don't understand what you're asking, Error trigger. You make icons in photoshop, using this size as base size:
184657-albums2894-picture35468.png

Then you should shorten it to 75% in both Height and Width. Simple

Level 7
Let's see, more Peach abilities:

Innocence (Level 8): Toggled, reduces the damage Peach takes by 1+1 per level but also reduces the damage she deals by 0.5+0.5 per level. All abilities used are affected by Innocence if toggled on.

Fire Flower (Level 16): Deals 9+2 per damage level instantly + 0.5+0.5 damage per level over the next 3 turns.

This enough or do I need to make up more?

EDIT: Ye two more I see.

Level 13
@Jaret, about the icons, what if there are already icons made for our characters? coz I have a warcraft map, with like 20 predator icons. Do we still have to make custom ones?

Level 6
Too late?

Is it too late for me to join?? I don't know how to do the underline thing,but i could give you an alright profile for the character i'd pick. Too late or can i join?

Level 13
uhhhh, peper? you made another dubble post........Oh I mean you posted the same thing twice.
you made one in misha's attachment a few days ago too, maybe fix?

Level 6
Info

Here's the information just in case it isn't too late for me to join. I may need some time to think of the abilities that he uses though.

Name:Riku
Video-game that he originated in:Kingdom Hearts
Console (Where hefirst started):Playstation 2
Personality (Write down 4 traits):Loyal to friends, determined,strong,uses power of darkness and light
Info (Description): Grew up on Destiny Islands. At age of 15 Riku,Sora and Kairi planned to see other worlds. One night they were seperated,but had achieved their goal of seeing other worlds. Riku eventually found Sora,but was convinced Sora had abandoned him,so he allied himself with Malificent and succumbed to the power of darkness. When fighting Sora later on,Riku became possessed by the dark power inside of him. Sora defeated Riku and through Riku's defeat Ansem was reborn. After Sora defeated Ansem,Riku helped Sora seal Kingdom Hearts,but was forced to stay on the dark side of the door.

Riku awoke inside of Castle Oblivion,where he journeyed through the castle,re living each of his memories and the challenging the dark power within himself,all while fighting various members of Organisation XIII and slaying them. After making it to the entrance to the castle,Riku had gained excellent control over his dark powers, and now has great control over both light and darkness.

Is good (just underline the right answer)? Yes / No
Is hero (just underline the right answer)? Antihero in beginning, hero after Kingdom Hearts 1.
Is attribute (just underline the right answers (Can underline all 3 if true))?: Powerful / Fast / Intelligent

Level 6
Abilities for Riku so far

Dark Break - Riku leaps up into the air and attacks the opponent multiple times.
Dark Firaga - Riku uses the power of darkness and launches a fireball of pure darkness at the opponent.
Dark Aura - Riku hovers in the air for a few seconds,then quickly dashes around the battlefield slashing the opponent multiple times before finally stabbing his soul eater sword into the ground and releasing several columns of dark energy.

Any other abilities anyone can think of that Riku has??

Level 13
AAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!! how do you upload icons in a post?

EDIT: vv ok but I'll have to do it tomorrow, it's getting pretty late.

Last edited:
Okay, exam is done, here is my hero :

attachment.php
As the incarnation of Dracula, Soma has a wide range of powers and abilities called 'souls' which are categorized as offensive, defensive, or tactical. He acquires these abilities through his "power of dominance" -- the power to control and summon the souls of defeated monsters. This is a derivation of Dracula's primary power, the ability to command monsters.
GenderMale
VideogameCastlevania Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, and Harmony of Despair
ConsoleGameBoy: Advanced
PersonalityCaring, Cold-hearted, Serious, (WHAT ELSE?)
Is goodYes / No / BOTH
Is heroHero/ Antihero / BOTH
Is attributePowerful / Fast / Intelligent

(Yes, he is neither good or bad, and neither hero or anithero. And being a half vampire, he has all attribute. Don't worry, I wont make him imba.)

level 1
184657-albums3805-picture35609.png
Learn Summon Bath
-Gives Soma Cruz +4 strength.
level 4
184657-albums3805-picture35619.png
Learn Sprint
-Gives Soma Cruz instant <insert speed growth here> speed.
level 8
184657-albums3805-picture35620.png
. . . .
184657-albums3805-picture35621.png
Learn Blood Drain
-Drains 5 hitpoints from the target/enemy
Learn Soul Tormention
-Makes the target lose 2 intelligence and speed
level 16
184657-albums3805-picture35622.png
. . . .
184657-albums3805-picture35623.png
. . . .
184657-albums3805-picture35624.png
Learn Blood Thirst
-Grants lifesteal. Steals 1 life per attack. Lasts for 7 turns.
Learn Venom Sting
-Inflicts a poison buff on the target unit that decreases HP by 1.5 per turn. Lasts for 5 turns.
Learn Nosferatu
-Lowers the party's evasion cost. From 10 to 7.
level 32
184657-albums3805-picture35625.png
Learn Power of Dominance
-Uses the target's level 32 ability (if the target doesn't have a level 32 ability, will use 16, and so on).
level 64
attachment.php
Learn Dracula's Awakening
-Increases Soma's hitpoints, strength, speed growth, and intelligence growth by 25% for 3 turns.

Attachments

• SOMACRUZ.png
    SOMACRUZ.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 120
  • SOMACRUZDRACULA.jpg
    SOMACRUZDRACULA.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Level 7
OK, guys...WTF!??! Why aren't you that active when I'm online :mad:.
Nah, JK. Let's see.... I'm kinda surprised you didn't pick Alucard, Simon or someone else, but, well, whatever. Ok, so, I need to change the picture, because of the fact he looks soo Girly there (No kidding), and it doesn't have a background. I'm going to do something right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.