• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Videogame Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
184657-albums2894-picture36650.png

Welcome to... the world of gaming, which is a RPG, where the birds can swim, where the fishes can fly, where fire freezes when touching cold water, where water burns, where the never-ending fight of good and evil, well... never ends.
This RPG is based on our RP, the Videogame Wars

The story:
In the land of video games, everything was fine, no wars, nothing. Only peaceful button pressing. There were the Atari, Nintendo and Sega. No one expected it. No one thought about it... Until Sega Genesis came along. It was superior to the Classical Nintendo emulation system, and so broke the rules of no overpowering before the time comes. That triggered the most famous of all video game console wars, the Bit wars.

The Bit Wars:
(The 4th gen console wars)
That devastating war had taken a lot of lives of game consoles. Nintendo tried to compete, but only failed, because the Sega Genesis was too strong. Nintendo began weakening. Nintendo eventually invented the Super nintendo: The most successful console of all time. Eventually, Sega Genesis would weaken. Sega tried to keep it alive with various attachments, like the 32x and Sega CD. It was a major failure, and so Sega Genesis bit the dust. Nintendo would go out of this war as the more successful company.
(The 5th gen console wars)
As time was passing, Nintendo was planning on making a CD based add-on to the Super Nintendo, but that project was cancelled because of the arriving of the newer consoles. Sony didn't like the decision of Nintendo, and so made their own console for the 5th gen console wars. From it came out the famous Playstation, the first CD based system that actually was good. In the competition came in Nintendo's N64, and Sega's Saturn. Eventually, Sega would bite the dust first, and N64 because of the fact that it was only a cartridge based console, wasn't as successful as the Playstation. So, The 5th gen console wars won Sony.
(the 6th gen console wars)
When the 6th gen console wars came along, all hell broke lose for Sega. Sega didn't enter this one, and the Sega video game console production died off. Only Sony and Nintendo remained, everyone thought. From the ashes of Sega came Microsoft, and tried to enter the competition with Nintendo and Sony. And so, they made the first xbox, a giant videogame console, which was successful. For Sony and Nintendo came along the Playstation 2 and Gamecube, both very successful as well. But well again, the 6th gen console wars won Sony.
(the 7th gen console wars)
This war was the point when everything went down. The words pixel, polygon and similar disappeared. All the consoles in the 7th gen of consoles are called "next gen consoles", which basically means that Polygons are not visible anymore, and pixels probably too. Now this is where the real fight begins, not between the consoles, but between the video game characters. The Old video game characters uprise against the new ones. And basically, that's where the roleplaying begins... There begin the Video game WARS!

Video-game Wars:
The video game Wars start the same second the "new" games for the Next gen consoles come along. The better graphics, the cooler sound effects, the impossibly-easier control, the more-optional gameplay, everything. The games forgot about the thing that made them popular in the first place... The challenge. Now the older video game character (Basically everything before the 6th gen consoles) uprise against the newer characters. This war is still in progress.
Project team members:
Jaret (ex-member): Icons, Terrain, Textures, Ideas, Profile link
-Peper-: Models, Ideas, Profile link
Zealon: Terrain, Ideas, Profile link
Izanagi: Triggers, Models, Profile link
x3Godlike: Digital art (?), Profile link
xX_Midnighter_Xx: ideas, triggering (?), Profile link
Tell us in here if you want to help out!
We have some custom models prepared, and hope you'll be the ones who help us out! Please post down here if you want to help out, and how you would help out. Maybe you could spare some time in ideas, textures, this and that.
Progress:
Terrain: ||||||||||||||||||||

Triggers:
||||||||||||||||||||

Textures/Models:
||||||||||||||||||||
Spells:||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited:
Level 22
Okay, since Jaret quit. I posted the News here.
And i promote Zealon as Project Leader.

184657-albums2894-picture36650.png

Welcome to... the world of gaming, which is a RPG, where the birds can swim, where the fishes can fly, where fire freezes when touching cold water, where water burns, where the never-ending fight of good and evil, well... never ends.
This RPG is based on our RP, the Videogame Wars

The story:
In the land of video games, everything was fine, no wars, nothing. Only peaceful button pressing. There were the Atari, Nintendo and Sega. No one expected it. No one thought about it... Until Sega Genesis came along. It was superior to the Classical Nintendo emulation system, and so broke the rules of no overpowering before the time comes. That triggered the most famous of all video game console wars, the Bit wars.

The Bit Wars:
(The 4th gen console wars)
That devastating war had taken a lot of lives of game consoles. Nintendo tried to compete, but only failed, because the Sega Genesis was too strong. Nintendo began weakening. Nintendo eventually invented the Super nintendo: The most successful console of all time. Eventually, Sega Genesis would weaken. Sega tried to keep it alive with various attachments, like the 32x and Sega CD. It was a major failure, and so Sega Genesis bit the dust. Nintendo would go out of this war as the more successful company.
(The 5th gen console wars)
As time was passing, Nintendo was planning on making a CD based add-on to the Super Nintendo, but that project was cancelled because of the arriving of the newer consoles. Sony didn't like the decision of Nintendo, and so made their own console for the 5th gen console wars. From it came out the famous Playstation, the first CD based system that actually was good. In the competition came in Nintendo's N64, and Sega's Saturn. Eventually, Sega would bite the dust first, and N64 because of the fact that it was only a cartridge based console, wasn't as successful as the Playstation. So, The 5th gen console wars won Sony.
(the 6th gen console wars)
When the 6th gen console wars came along, all hell broke lose for Sega. Sega didn't enter this one, and the Sega video game console production died off. Only Sony and Nintendo remained, everyone thought. From the ashes of Sega came Microsoft, and tried to enter the competition with Nintendo and Sony. And so, they made the first xbox, a giant videogame console, which was successful. For Sony and Nintendo came along the Playstation 2 and Gamecube, both very successful as well. But well again, the 6th gen console wars won Sony.
(the 7th gen console wars)
This war was the point when everything went down. The words pixel, polygon and similar disappeared. All the consoles in the 7th gen of consoles are called "next gen consoles", which basically means that Polygons are not visible anymore, and pixels probably too. Now this is where the real fight begins, not between the consoles, but between the video game characters. The Old video game characters uprise against the new ones. And basically, that's where the roleplaying begins... There begin the Video game WARS!

Video-game Wars:
The video game Wars start the same second the "new" games for the Next gen consoles come along. The better graphics, the cooler sound effects, the impossibly-easier control, the more-optional gameplay, everything. The games forgot about the thing that made them popular in the first place... The challenge. Now the older video game character (Basically everything before the 6th gen consoles) uprise against the newer characters. This war is still in progress.
Project team members:
Jaret: First Project Leader Profile link
-Peper-: Models, Ideas, Profile link
Zealon: New Project Leader, Terrain, Ideas, Profile link
Izanagi: 3D Artist, Triggers, Ideas, Profile link
Tell us in here if you want to help out!
We have some custom models prepared, and hope you'll be the ones who help us out! Please post down here if you want to help out, and how you would help out. Maybe you could spare some time in ideas, textures, this and that.
Progress:
Terrain: ||||||||||||||||||||

Triggers:
||||||||||||||||||||

Textures/Models:
||||||||||||||||||||
Spells:||||||||||||||||||||

Attachments

• Predator.zip
    303.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Sub-Zero.jpg
    Sub-Zero.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 728
  • Predator.jpg
    Predator.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 731
  • Plok.jpg
    Plok.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 714
Last edited:
Level 2
wow, this looks good, maybe i could help out by providing ideas.

but, i must first know what gameplay or spells or triggers or etc...

i meant like if its a rpg war, you all should like evolve....

exp: Mario as 1st, then slowly add skills when get a flower like shoot mushrooms XD Then you could put an item that shaped like a star, that gives temporary invulnarability like errr.... att temp. change to 99-100 and defence change to invulnarable for 10 secs. etc etc.

then Mario evolved into bigger Mario and can "summon" Luigi(or Luigi can be 2nd char)

i hope i helped and i wish to get involved in this project.

after reading this pls reply me. Thank You.

Level 13
Ok, Jaret I'll start the layout for the map, and then I'll PM it to you for the terrain ASAP.

First: terrain
Second: units/buildings
Third: abilities
Fourth: triggers
Fith: items
sixth: story/other

EDIT: ok I sent the first version of Videogame Wars to Jaret ^^

Last edited:
Level 2
Reply pls

I really want to join this project.
Let me join plsss
anyone reply?

and i have another idea. Remember the DotA spawnings? I know what you thinking, no, you are not gonna rig that trigger. Instead, spawn some soldiers for the "War" like errrr.... the MushroomHeads from mario for your team and the Naruto ninjas for the opponent AROUND the battle field, not from the main base. OkOk... maybe a FEW in the base to protect it. oh yah, i remember 1 thing, spawn each teams men next to eachother, well NOT REALLY eachother but atleast few tiles away so they wont block eachothers' spawn XD

i know the trigger im about to show is lame but i just wanna say use the trigger to provide troops, actually i wanna show if it is below that type of number(exp:100max). yep that kind of trigger to prevent unbalanced gameplay(exp:good:100troops bad:21troops).set a limit so they wont end up a map full of MushroomHeads or Ninjas XD

[trigger=spawning trigger]Spawn
Events
Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 5 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
[/trigger]

Another trigger is for those who wants massive battles and they want to spawn the troops faster by using this command.

[trigger=rushing trigger]rush
Events
Conditions
(Entered chat string) Equal to -rush
Actions
Unit - Create 5 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
[/trigger]

PS: im not sure about the chat string myself, i wanted to test it and this came out:

This application has encountered a critical error:

The file data is corrupt.

Program: d:\wc3ft\worldedit.exe
File: ReplaceableTextures\Splats\HumanTownHallUberSplat.blp

help pls. anyway i will continue to help you with more ideas ^^

EDIT: sorry wrong triggers for the rushing, i fixed my WE's prob, anyway the correct trigger for the rushing is
[trigger=correct trigger for rush]rush
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -rush as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 5 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
[/trigger]

Last edited:
Level 13
I have an idea! Why don't we try to recruit Adiktuz as master triggerer?
AND BTW ROOTSWORD TEXTURE PLEASE!
Note: I need triggerer to keep SZ can't equip bows and guns.
btw predator can

Sure, we could ask Adiktuz, hopfuly he might be interested; after all I do have like 5 different Sora models ^^

Level 7
Ok, I found some amusing and very interesting models. Found Ganondorf, Dante, raziel (The best) and Hideyoshi Toyotomi. Going to attach them here. And btw. Peper, don't get upset, But I need a VERY good Plok model. So I'm going to get someone to make it. Sorry :(

Level 22
Btw....
Animation Tags

None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack
EDIT:
Btw Sora is only keyblade so i won't add the animations.
Deal?
EDIT2:
Hhh.hhh...
Found some.
Credit Zerox.

Attachments

• SoraFF (Zip).zip
    248.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Sora.jpg
    Sora.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 667
  • 270_RikuByZerox.zip
    156.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Ganodorf By Zerox.zip
    256.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Level 7
Ok, Major update, guyS! I've finished the Continents. Now the hills, this and that, cities, doodads, models, bridges, triggers (Quests, systems (SAVE/LOAD IS A MUST!), keyboard moving, 3rd person system, publish!
Hmm... Peper, can you somehow add the 40 anims to the Ganondorf model? The anims he has got now kinda... suck :p
BTW. I Kinda have a rootsword mesh lying around my other pc somewhere... going to send it to you asap.

Last edited:
Level 7
Attach system? Oh... we'll make abilities for the weapons, so when a unit has the ability, the weapon gets attached to his hand. Now we add the attach ability to a item, and when unit picks up item, it automatically gets attached. Now we'll search for a good inventory system...
This is the last you'll see from me... until 18 pm. Got school, today's a big test, in a hour it starts, so i gotta learn. C U later.

Last edited:
Level 2
THATS IT!!!!
YOU WRITTEN ABOUT JOINING YOUR F***ING PROJECT AND JUST ASK YOU!!!
I HAVE POSTED REPLIES AND WANTED TO JUST JOIN YOU!!!
PM YOU REPLY THIS THREAD THATS IT!!!!

FxCK YOU!

Last edited:
Level 13
JARET!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DON"T POST THE MAP HERE!!!! HOW COULD YOU!!??? Send it to us by Privite Message!

Whenever you give us a newer version, tell us what you changed, and what you will change next. Or if somone else needs to do somthing on it, tell everyone that you have handed over to that person until he is done with his job. That way we will not have any confusion or misunderstandings.

EDIT: Great terrain so far, you can still add some cliffs here and there if you want; now you need to make it that there arn't so many HUGE hills, and start using different tilesets. Just some friendly prompting, no need to be offended ^^

Btw I can do some terrain too if you want me to help.

I already know some very good 3rd person/keyboard systems that we could use for this, so let me handle it. And remember that we still on task number 1: terrain. So don't start work on anything else yet. Exept if you're making models, spells, and icons.

Last edited:
Level 22
And Jaret or Zealon, from what WE you make that?
I opened it in my NewGen WE and it said 'this map has saved by more recent version of editor, continue?'
Are you have a patched editor?

Btw Zealon, give the tilesets some variations, and reduce too many hills..

EDIT: Guys, we are so doomed if we work like this.

I have an idea, why don't we work on our jobs?
Example while Jaret terraining, i'll make units and tooltips. So you only have to import unit setting, yeah? So when *someone* working on trigger, we work on others. And you import all the triggers...

Last edited:
Level 13
@peper that exactly what I said too, Jaret is doing the terrain though not me, but I might be able to do it do it, if he allows me.

Level 7
The normal one :p
BTW: FU GREEN ORBS!
AND BTW you can use your editor to edit this map. I'll need to download jassnewgen pack too...
LISTEN UP! We'll make the units about 0.50 scaling value, so that the map looks giantastic compared to them. Cool editor trick :ogre_haosis:. We'll scale down the movement speed as well, you know why... :ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Level 13
Wow, it's cool!
Btw Jaret, how to stack Doodads?

You can't, but you can do somthing similar. What I do is I make the doodads walkable, then I place them on each other; then I raise one of them up using a special trick of mine ;) Hold down the Ctrl button, then press Page Up or Page Down to move the doodad up and down ;)

Level 13
I forgot what its called exactly, but you set its pathing (you know, the thing that lets you choose what size the doodad reprisents, its called pathing - [somthing], its in the object editor. It looks like a list of models, exept they arn't models they reprisent the size that the model should have, but thats where you can change it), you just set it to None. And the doodad will be walkable, anything can just walk right through it, because technacaly it has a size of zero ^^

changing the doodads pathing - [somthing] will not do anything to the model itself.

Oh yeah, and when you have stacked the two doodads, just place a pathing blocker on them. So that units can't just walk right through them :p

Level 13
Um, Jaret; you can't just copy JASS coding into a map and expect it to work, you need to have jassnewgenpack.

Another thing, seeing that you are pretty much doing everything that I am specialized in doing. I guess that I will no longer be needed for this project, exept if you need any of those models that I found ^^

So good luck and all ;)

You can remove my name from the team.

Level 22
Um, Jaret; you can't just copy JASS coding into a map and expect it to work, you need to have jassnewgenpack.

Another thing, seeing that you are pretty much doing everything that I am specialized in doing. I guess that I will no longer be needed for this project, exept if you need any of those models that I found ^^

So good luck and all ;)

You can remove my name from the team.

NOOOO!! You can be our Idea and Beta Tester, or building/abilities/unit maker.

Level 13
Maybe peper, but you won't be needing a Beta tester in quite a while. And I'm not so sure if I would make a good Beta tester for this map anyway, coz I would probably want to change everything about it; after all I did kinda start this map, I can already see alot of stuff I would change.

And with creating buildings/abilities/units I think i might just do a Hero or two, with their abilities. Even though i'm not making the map, I really don't want anyone to ruin predator :p

Level 13
ok, thanks but i'll only be able to send you the update tommorow. Because, as usual its extremly late, do you think I should start sleeping earlier? I'm always feeling sleep deprived D:

Status
Not open for further replies.