• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unofficial 2D Contests: Fan Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
209078-albums6896-picture87398.png

So Hemske and I were thinking about having another Friendly Contest 1v1 and then he told me we should host it here, so that more people might jump in and here I am now... hosting it.

[rainbow]Theme:[/rainbow]

Draw one (maybe more?) of your favourite Blizzard Characters.

[rainbow]Time:[/rainbow]

From 11 August to 22 September (can always be extended or changed).

[rainbow]Rules:[/rainbow]

Hive rules. No editing other people's works. It would be nice if you use hidden tags when you post a WIP/Final Image though.

[rainbow]Rewards:[/rainbow]

We're keeping this casual but for the winner there will be a 20 rep prize, second place 10, third 5.
The rating will be done with a voting poll (no judging), but critiques are always welcome. Hemske and I will not participate in the Rewards, cuz you know, it's just a fun contest for us.

So just jump in guys! I'm curious to see what your favourite characters from Warcraft 3 are :cgrin:

Last edited:
Level 25
Paperwork only, or is digital editing allowed?

Well, whatever you would like. If you would like to do it completely with filter effects then feel free. Basically no rules as long as you don't use photomanipulation I guess. (if Morb has another opinion feel free to scold me)

Traditional, digital, acrylics, graphite, anything.

Really, it's quite casual, no hardcore blizzardfeeling/freehand/filter rules or anything.
Well, you still need to draw it yourself obviously, no stealing other artist's artwork.
But except for that, any way you want to do it in, do it.

Well, whatever way you want. If you want to use charcoal, watercolor or graphite, by all means, feel free :)

That's good, I might try this when I find time and done with MMC result. Thinking already of what to draw.

is digital editing allowed?
I think this should be clarified. As for contest, editing others works should not be allowed.

Level 25
Okay so I'll step in as the "big daddy" of rules here now then as I see we want some clarification. Yell at me if you disagree with me Morb :D

I was not sure what we meant by photo-editing but I guess you asked if you could actually do, as a matter of fact, photomanipulation and to that I say NO. I do not want anything like that in the contest.

Basically. Do it yourself, draw it yourself. There are no rules at all except do it by yourself, feel free to use references for poses and armor or whatever and copy (not in the literal sense) it, as long as you still draw it without tracing or copying or editing the original image

@Shamewalker, Uhh. Well. I guess we could extend the theme to Blizzart fan art? That's fine by me, I don't care much for those universes but if you guys want to, sure.

Level 25
Very well I will change it to Blizzard fan art, but regarding the photo stuff: Photo editing is not allowed, logically, but what about photobashing, texture using, filters, etc.?

Not entirely sure what photobashing is, I got an idea but I am not sure if it is what I think it is, but texture use and filters, by all means, feel free. It is all valid artistry tools for me. You won't make bad art good by using that kind of stuff anyway so it is not like it's cheating.

Level 9
Well. First wip. Her left hand gave me a lot of trouble, had to check tons of images for it and it still seems wrong.

maiev2.jpg

The face is a quick painted-over screenshot. Couldn't leave her headless :cgrin: I'll paint it myself when I get to it (probably last, faces aren't my thing.. not at all actually).

i think the index finger is too short(small) thats what makes it feel wrong lol
just my opinion

very good art you have there

EDIT: i wish i have a tablet :p

Level 19
I don't really have time for this.. but oh well, there are too few drawing contests on the site these days, so I'll try find some free time to make a little something ^^

I was thinking of maybe expanding the rules a little, and if you don't wanna then I have a great idea for a following contest - to make art for a custom model here at the workshop. What do you say? :b

Level 19
Bernkastel said:
So you could make yourself. How cunning.
The current model of Am'ar Kardos is old and buggy, since -Peper- never bothered finish it, so I was thinking of finding a random kewl model from the resource section and go crazy ^^
morbent said:
Oo, Amargaard, Bernkastel! I haven't seen you in some time :D probably due to my inactivity...
Well, hello there! We're still hanging out in Kaelicious, doing our useful stuff :b
Hemske said:
Well, I would prefer only keeping this to Blizzard fan art, but I would definitely be up for another contest following this, and that could be the theme, sure.
Kewl, I'll look forward to that contest then! When is the deadline for this contest? :)

Level 25
Kewl, I'll look forward to that contest then! When is the deadline for this contest? :)

Well, I believe we've set it to 11 september, but it really isn't set in stone. As a matter of fact, I would actually already like to ask if we could extend it a bit since a lot of stuff just happened so I won't really be able to start on my entry until a week from now or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.