• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Guldan (WC Fan Art)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is my interpretation of Guldan, the Shadow Warlock from WC2, he was always one of my favourite "evil" characters and even in WC3 his imense power lives on through Illidan Stormrage.

I was going to colour this but never got round to it and doubt I ever will so thought I may aswel put this up here.

Attachments

• guldanedited.jpg
    guldanedited.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 2,432

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Looks pretty cool, but it's hard to judge the correctness of the anatomy and proportions .. seems to be something wrong, but I can't quite place it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

How different? They're just more buff, and they are green .. besides the obvious fangs.

Level 7
How different? They're just more buff, and they are green .. besides the obvious fangs.

Well they're more than just buff, if you compare their anatmony to a body builder you'l notice the body builder's muscles stick out from the joints whereas the orcs joints are practicaly as big as his muscles, Orcs have massive bone structures.

They also have no visible neck and their backs droop so their always slighlty hunched over.

I got my brother to model this pose for me and in the photograph his hand realy does look that long! But I think I lost the perspective when I translated it into into drawing. Apart from the hand and arm length can you see anything else wrong with the anatomy? I'm going to try and correct this.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, to be honest, his right arm (the one in front for us) looks pretty good to me, though his shoulder his a tad large, or perhaps you meant for that to be a shoulder-pad, in which case the arm should be moved slightly south (maybe even a bit south-west), if you get my drift. Also, you could try increasing the size of his other hand, as I think you've given it a too extreme perspective, making it look like he's 5m wide, to justify the difference of size on the arms.

His legs does appear a bit odd too, I guess they're just too straight and bulky .. perhaps try bend them a bit and define the muscles more, so that they're not like wooden logs.
While you're at it, I think his head should be larger too.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.