• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moar arts and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Fjury's Art

Hello hello.
I've been doing some late night drawing (again! herp derp) and decided to create a new thread where I'll dump some of the more 'succeded' arts.
Comments and critique are welcome as usuall.

attachment.php

Something I made by hand. Unfortunately, my scanner doesn't like to co-operate with my windows 7, so I had to photo it from my cell phone.

attachment.php
First time I use my draw pad. It went okey, I guess.

attachment.php
Last project for today.

207442_121561077922524_100002058979711_153457_3715917_n.jpg
WIP at a undead warrior.

205057_121813724563926_100002058979711_154877_6118944_n.jpg
WIP at a undead warrior.

101109d1303370434-moar-arts-stuff-tharmiee.jpg
WIP at a undead warrior.

(The backround is just some brush testing. Don't mind it.)

225437_125843137494318_100002058979711_179917_6093121_n.jpg
WIP at a undead warrior.

attachment.php
Did this one at my vacation. Don't mind the chin, hands and feet, since they're horrible made. The bow might look like it's missing a string, but my scanner didn't catch that line.

223755_156381444440487_100002058979711_312712_1493709_n.jpg
Here is a image of Mercader (who's a quite famous world of warcraft player).

Mercader said:
Hell I'd use that as part of my new intro.

Just got my computer with drawpad installed back!!! :DDD

attachment.php
Samwise Didier is my greatest idol :>

[New]

attachment.php
I'm worthless doing clolouring.

It's not done either :>

Attachments

• DSC00693.JPG
    DSC00693.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,213
  • goblinface'd.jpg
    goblinface'd.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,547
  • Tiny master of evil.jpg
    Tiny master of evil.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 7,614
  • Troll.jpg
    Troll.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 2,362
  • Worgen.jpg
    Worgen.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 4,936
  • Wlock5.jpg
    Wlock5.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 2,548
Last edited:
Level 26
Well, when you're at the topic at drawing goblins. I could use a few concepts because well, i can only come up with names and descriptions which isn't even close to get someone to make me models.

Here's a couple ideas.
------------------------ Concepts of Buildings.
Goblin Brewery.
Goblin Steakhouse, sort of like a barbecue restaurant but with a grill fueled by rocket fuel or something crazy like that. Goblins are awesome like that. Also, a lot of metallic chimneys and pumping stuff, that's usually awesome. If you got a better idea that's better than mine that ends up as a better result. Then do that. XD
Goblin War Mill, pretty much pimping the Warcraft Beta Model for the Orc Lumbermill. It could use some more goblin love. Link to the models. http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90601
Goblin Forge, again, pimping a Warcraft Beta Model of the Orc War Forge. Yet again, same with this one. It needs something awesome.
Just for lulz, here's the link again. http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90601
Goblin Marketplace. Let your imagination run wild, don't forget to keep it contained into the area of one building though.
Goblin Defense bunker. With 7 Variations.
The Goblin Engineer, smart bastard, can create tinker wolf summons to defend himself. The first variation would be a form of addon or upgrade that only the engineer will get maybe summon wards with extra long tinker arms to smash down possible foes.
The Goblin Warlock, strong in the powers of ancient arcane, evil, magic.
The Goblin Fireworker, adept in blowing shit up and setting stuff on fire.
The Goblin Rifleman, skilled at setting up automatic towers and summoning his pet wolf, misha (It's basically the same as the summon bear spell, but yeah, the name is nice.)
The Goblin Juggernaught, A brute with a powerfull spikey iron club. This class is basically stronger than any of the other classes when it comes to brute force, any enemy will be bashed to jelly. His addon would typically be like.. some kind of altar addon so that he could pray to some god of war or something
The Goblin Profiteer, blackmailing technoligical genius. Bloodthirsty and loves battle. Adept at creating machines that serve to kill his enemies in the most brutal and agonizing way possible.
Goblin Rouge, primarily works with stealth operations and assassinations. Usually with knives but sometimes with poison.. Or poisoned knives.
Goblin Blacksmith
Goblin Factory
Goblin Mercenary Camp
Goblin Brutal Engineering Camp, main building for offensive machines and equipment.
Goblin Airforce Camp (The name still needs work, but its meaning is self explanitory.)
A Goblin Cooking Pot, just for the hell of it, a tiny one with a chair and some goblin stiring it.. with a mechanical arm or something, that would be cool. or maybe varations with some poor wooden spoon, to something slightly less advanced, then sci fi, tinker arms but made for stiring around in the pot.

That's all I could come up with for now, maybe it's inspirational? Besides, having something designed would increase my chances of getting a model out of it, can't say it will happen, but I could at least hope.
Hope it helps the artist block. I assume you have one. Maybe not? XD

Level 11
Well, when you're at the topic at drawing goblins. I could use a few concepts because well, i can only come up with names and descriptions which isn't even close to get someone to make me models.

Here's a couple ideas.
------------------------ Concepts of Buildings.

That's all I could come up with for now, maybe it's inspirational? Besides, having something designed would increase my chances of getting a model out of it, can't say it will happen, but I could at least hope.
Hope it helps the artist block. I assume you have one. Maybe not? XD

brilliant.jpg

and yeah, about the fireworker; why not name it to rocketeer instead? :>

Level 26
Thought about that, but the lack of rockets made it stupid. I called him the Pyromancer once, but I'm not sure if that's better. :O

Oh yeah, another building that would be awesome, a Goblin House with differing variations. Because It's rare to see those.
If someone doodled these things, then I would no longer be begging for vague descriptions of models.

Level 11
I'm saving cash for a Wacom Bamboo draw pad thingy, since my scanner can't be installed at windows 7. If I'm lucky, my parrents will give me that on my birthday (30th mars!). Then will shit's go real. :>

it's great, but I would suggest you to start making more reproductions.. because it's the only way you will learn how to reproduce textures, lightning, bone structure logic, proportions, etc.

Now for the second tip, i think your drawings, are missing something special that makes them unique, which is your own style. Not saying they suck, not at all! it's just right now, your style looks like blizzard artist style, cause you keep on doing fan-art or reproduction of their work.

And trust me, at some extend these kind of stuff can become like ''mangas'' every single manga drawers have the same style, which is really industrial pop-cultural and lame.

Sooo yeah.... good luck with that! beside don't worry, it can take years for someone to find his own style, I still haven't found mine a 100% yet

Status
Not open for further replies.