• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Inverted]'s concept art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, as a new past time i began drawing and using my scanner. I will upload all my drawings/concept art here so heres my first one. It was drawn on paper, scanned in and colored in photoshop.

Smoker01.jpg

Level 45
The red one is your proportion and the blue one is a highly suggested proportion, get your proportions right, atm they are all out of wack and all over the place plus your perspective with the feet is really wrong.

As for the gun..its .. just...i dont know if that is a gun, if it is you really have to make things their proper size and form, another issue is his hand, i have no idea if those are his nails or someone cut off the tips of his fingers and its bleeding.

Attachments

• Smoker1.jpg
    Smoker1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Smoker2.jpg
    Smoker2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 231
Level 36
The anatomy looks like poop. Seriously.

How can you get anatomy in a guy wearing shaggy clothes like that? It looks fine to me.

Werewulf said:
if it is you really have to make things their proper size and form

Why...? It's called emphasis/style. Not saying this is what was made, but there are no guidelines in art. There is a lot of gray area.

Level 3
Well, no offence, but I don't see you posting any of your "all so mighty artwork of immaculate anatomy".

Pyritie, I think you are completely missing Void's point. Your arguments are not relevant to what he is stating. He is merely stating that no where does the original artist say that he is trying to impersonate a realistic drawing of some character or human being. Thus, you should not critique the artist's goal, as you have no idea what his goal is! Furthermore, as an artist, you obviously know that replicating real-life objects exactly as they are is just a small fraction of art. Art is far more! This is the point Void is trying to get across. However, this is not to suggest that the artist was not trying to accurately draw a realistic picture of a shady guy with baggy clothes. If so, then your advice to the artist is pertinent. Otherwise, the artist is just trying to depict his own style, which is also fine, and should not be criticized.

Basically, I'm just saying your statements against Void are misguided, and thus irrelevant because you two are speaking of different topics.

On that note: It looks good! Just spend more time on it, give it more detail, and tell us what look you are going for so we can critique you. Also, the look of the gun doesn't seem to match the look of the guy, I think it needs more shape/texture. Anyways, Keep it up!

Level 45
Anatomy, lighting, form, shape, colour etc all these subjects are based on structure and create the foundation of a visual product. Style is no excuse for not knowing or studying the foundation of visual product. Anatomy doesn't have to be 100% with ones style but it has to make "sense" in terms. Create a sense of harmony and balance within the drawing to create an appealing and balanced outlook, and in this one, there is none.
In other words, dont use style as an excuse.

also, do not post offtopic or spammy posts people.

Level 36
I guess Werewulf is right that everything does need to look equal, like arms being the same length, unless it's some kind of stitched up undead thing.
I still don't see what's unequal about this. Except for the two elbows on one arm ;)

Well, no offence, but I don't see you posting any of your "all so mighty artwork of immaculate anatomy".

I'll make sure I upload some of my art sometime, I've been avoiding it. But I mainly draw inanimate things, or if there is something animate, it's usually not a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.