• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unnoficial 2D Contests: Concept Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
209078-albums6896-picture78663.png

[rainbow]Hello guys,[/rainbow]

Second contest here, Concept Arts.

[rainbow]Theme:[/rainbow]

The theme this time will be "Fallen" - fallen angels, skeleton kings, undead, dark magicians, necromancers, anything you can think of it! I'm sure all of you will think of something cool and awesome ^^

[rainbow]Time:[/rainbow]

From 04 February to 06 March.

[rainbow]Rules:[/rainbow]

There are no specific contest rules except The Hive's rules. However, I'd like to point out that: When you post a wip/final image please use hidden tags and don't make the painting too huge.
It would be nice if you could write a backstory to your character too.

[rainbow]Contestants:[/rainbow]

grunt
GreeN!X

[rainbow]People who might join:[/rainbow]

PeeKay
Hemske
don_svetlio

[rainbow]Some reference images:[/rainbow]

387_max.jpg

426_max.jpg

Drudge_Skeletons.jpg

027_large.jpg

821_large.jpg

783_max.jpg

The theme is very open so that you can be more imaginative and draw whatever you want :D You can't draw a demon or just some shadow overlord though, it isn't really "Fallen". Unless you give a good explanation like, a traitor to the demons who became a corrupted monster when he used some Necromancer book. Under Fallen I mean up/degraded to something different, less or more powerful, whatever, it just has to be Evil.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Oh I love you for this. I'm joining. This will be sweeet ^^. (hype overload)

EDIT: Hello sleepless night(s) how I've missed thine chilling warmth.

Level 28
OMG! Sorry guys! I was gone for 3 days and I couldn't check this contest... In fact, I didn't even think so many people would be interested in it o_O

Hemske: Yes! A skeleton can be clarified as fallen.
grunt: A concept for a game character, what do you mean? As long as it's on theme, it's allowed.

Once again, sorry for the late reply :X

Level 23
I couldn't participate much in the emoticon contest so I hope I can give my all in this one.

The sketchy lore:
This creature was the byproduct of an experiment in dalaran gone horribly wrong. They were attempting to fuse the torso of a demon, with the head of a hydra as its foot (or whatever they call the snake lower body like for gorgons), and with the wings of a dragon. The result was a creature so powerful that it can kill an entire battalion of soldiers without one even having the chance to react. On the flip side, it wouldn't distinguish a foe from an ally and thus killing its creators as well. This abomination was later killed by a great warrior on a great battle.​

Years later, when the undead attacked dalaran, the bones of the said monster was found by master necromancers, who, in search for much greater power, revived the beast. The monster, however, still retains most of its enormous power that it overcame the scourge's control and killed the necromancers that has revived the monster. Now, this beast silently wanders around the dark recesses of the underground cave where he can kill any one who comes too close.​

Lore will be remade sooner or later.

222907-albums6239-picture79001.jpg
222907-albums6239-picture79002.jpg

(I forgot to crop the image. Dang it)

EDIT: I just noticed his hips look really flat.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I will too, I'm just taking my time. Slow and steady ^^

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, I'll probably upload a WiP this weekend but I'm not sure about the others.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, I'm a bit late but here's my basic concept as well :p

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I meant as in the original time I stated I'd post my WiP in :D

Level 2
Interesting! I'm probably going to post a WIP soon! Hehehe, I'm going to prove that it's possible to make something cool using Paint.net!

Alright, here is a rough sketch (made from Paint.net, mind you) that i made in a couple minutes, i'm going to add color, more shadows, and overall better-ness to it later.

Attachments

• Drawing.png
    Drawing.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'll post another WiP by friday and the finished one may get delayed by a day or two :/

Level 49
Well. my first wip.

Spoiler of a story:

An evil sorceress was addicted to plants, and loved roses so much. She discovered that plant can give a immortality to his body and crafted a magic spores from some sort of roses. Experiment was failed, and wild spores replaced everything inside of his body, except of skin, bones, and soul. To be continued.

Attachments

• hivecontestwip1.jpg
    hivecontestwip1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 179

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Ok, thanks. Real sorry but it's going to be one shitty week after another for the next month or so. UUurgh, i hate our education system so much.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Okay, I might need a bit more than anticipated. I just fell down the rabbit hole that is Mass Effect 2. Can we add a day or two more, if possible, pretty please? :D

Level 2
Oh boy, I sure am glad that i entered this contest with no intention to win, because all of these other entries have already crushed me under their superior awesome-ness!

Status
Not open for further replies.