• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unofficial 2D Contest - Fan Art : Poll

Which piece of art do you like the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
209078-albums6896-picture87398.png

[rainbow]Theme:[/rainbow]

Draw one (maybe more?) of your favourite Blizzard Characters.

[rainbow]Time:[/rainbow]

From 11 August to 22 September.

[rainbow]Rules:[/rainbow]

Hive standard rules. No editing other people's works.

[rainbow]Rewards:[/rainbow]

We're keeping this casual but for the winner there will be a 20 rep prize, second place 10, third 5.
The rating will be done with a voting poll (no judging), but critiques are always welcome. Me neither Morbent will participate in the Rewards.

contest%20judging.png

The poll decides the winners completely. Just vote for whichever artwork(s) you like the most. You are allowed to vote for multiple artists

entries.png

Morbent

Bernkastel

Ghostthruster

xxdizzyxx

JollyD

Justicebringer

Hemske

Idaero Ace

Salukage

Daenar7

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.

-Link to contest-

Level 15

bernkastel

Daenarz

Ghostthruter

Hemske

IdaeroAce

JollyD

Justice bringer

Morbent

Salukage

Xxdizzyxx

I'm interested to see how your Mephisto will end up looking like, morbent.

145260-albums2772-picture88688.png

Okay, he a a girl with really big boopz. Lol. I don't know what kind of style he used. But let me check the proportion first. I don't know why but I believe that her right arm is misplaced. Well, her boob hide it out. And also her left arm is too small, comparing to her right arm. And also you make her legs like balloon. Maybe she is fat? Lol. Also sometime I see that her arms are not connected to her body. And now background. You make a medium background. Cool enough. Now the effect, I really like it. It's really cool!! Just realize about her left arm, the cloak hide it. But if make shading in the cloak, to show that her arm is place there, it will be great. The armor is highly detailed but I see something wrong with her armor on her legs.

And gg. Maybe i'll update something here, but let's consider this one the finished piece.

Siren_Naga.jpg

Siren_Naga_Close_Up.jpg

He draw a naga. Highly detailed for both character and background. He didn't make her sexy or beautiful. She has normal boop and still look creepy like the other naga. Nothing can I say. I think it's already perfect. Hmm mm... Maybe her left I is a bit too far. Not sure. This is the best

work-in-progress of arthas, taken from a completed-progress artwork (thread is in this subforum, contains proof that i drew him all by myself)

attachment.php

He only uploaded his old draw but it's already great. But he lost his left foot. And his sword is too short. Look at his guy there, standing in front of athas. And his sword started from his right. So it's a normal side look. That's mean it should be longer like normal. He color it with a kind of cartoonist style. He make simple high detail except for the strange guy there. He should be got athas shadow. And athas cloak looks like a paper. Should be more... Flexible. Also he got skill to draw background. That's too bad that he didn't draw it

So this is kind of it for me. Not, entirely happy with the outcome. But at least it was a fun idea to work on.
139379d1410859652t-unofficial-2d-contests-fan-art-warcraftrunning.jpg

He is the great Hemske (Hemeseke lol), he draw some cute Warcraft characters but not finished yet :(
He should finished it. I believe it's gonna be awesome!!!

attachment.php

View attachment 139479
i am really noob. havent remake it

He draw the worst. He draw some unknown character there. He believe that he draw Jaina and who is she? But he failed. He draw using finger, so it's kinda awesome. And he only use his stupid iPhone. It has small layer. He use his Manga style. And he failed to color it. His sketch is way better than this. He should be only draw it with traditional style if he can't draw digital. That's too bad

Stinky

stinky_by_murkmurk-d7ejj0b.png

He draw an abstract looking morloc. Really cool. He choose correct color for the background. But that morloc looks like a ball. But I love the effect he made, green.

"Fall of the Betrayer"

Illidian wip

213248-albums7555-picture89170.jpg

He draw illidan crawling in the floor. And on that draw, he color a strange green on left down side and strange blue on the moon. It's already perfect. Proportion is perfect. He has high detail. The face looks like xman. Lol.

Update:

mephisot.jpg

He draw really great, look like a concept art. Cool. Amazing. Awesome. The only one who draw the real undead. I love it's flesh

This is Final Entry (will add some finishing touches If time Permits)
Illidan Vs Maiev
238539-albums7568-picture89395.jpg

He draw handsome illidan vs maiev. He is too handsome. Also his neck is a bit too long. And I hardly to see the scene. That's too bad. If he draw it from different angle, a bit more to Y and go to a bit Z, it will great view

help me lord with my traditional art

209310-albums6869-picture88362.jpg

K, last one. He draw a a naga on a destroyed paper. That's too bad. So hard to see the line art. That's too bad. He make her too fancy...

I have already make my review, now voting time!
----------------------------------------------------------
VOTED!
----------------------------------------------------------
Hemske, Idaero , and Salukage have 4 voters!
-------------------------------------------------------
lol, now Hemske and I have 5, but Salukage still 4
its daenar vs morbent, 15 vs 11, big vs small, lol
also bern vs justice... thats too bad, i love justice
---------------------------------------------------
ghostty tottaly forgot about this contest, lol
----------------------------------------------
now Hemske and I have 7, but Salukage still 5.
Thats mean Hemske art was better than mine cause ...
its still not completed but have same voters

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

They all look great, but Naga Siren is my favorite.

Level 18
Sick entries all around. I really, really like morbent's piece. It's terrifying and effective. I love how his figure is menacingly rising out of the mist. Daenar's is a close second. Obviously it's a high quality piece and her scales look fantastic. I just feel like the siren's skin/shadowing is lacking fidelity and seems a little blurry/smudged. Anyway, both get votes!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Tons of great entries here! Really tough decision, which is why I'm glad it was a Multi-Vote Poll (seriously, thanks). However, there were still so many that were good, I was worried about diluting my vote... Nonetheless:

My votes went to Morbent, Bernkastel, xxDizzyxx, Justicebringer, and Daenar7. Each of them had their ups & downs... Personally my favorite in terms of colors & lineart was Bernkastel (though I could've used less fanservice...), and my favorite in terms of "nostalgia" was xxDizzyxx's; just love concept art & how it looked. Bad scan & hand aside, you've got some seriously solid concept art skillz, man.

All of you seem to have really put your heart into it, though. Good job!

Level 7
Since Morbent and Hemske participated just for fun (as I read), I wanted to vote someone else. Daenar7: I liked his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.