• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TWIF - Custom Chat Icon Contest #1 - Concept Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Time for my final submission even if there's still some time remaining and it's not completely finished, but I do not have anymore time and i guess more than 75 % of the character are shown.

What is my concept about: This is a concept, for a completely unknown creature yet, because it came to live in the rest of the ancients Kaldorei City of Suramar next to the lost Tomb of Sargeras. An less aggressive monkey back then, that was an expert to hide in the woods of the jungles around those lost islands, some of them made their way onto Maiev's ships when she hunted Illidan. Back on the continent, the monkeys escaped without anyone even noticing them. But after entering the continent, they soon got in touch with the dark shadows of the legion and got corrupted. With their abilitys to hide in the woods, and a newly earned intelligence, they were able to build up little villages high in the trees and made the continent their living place.
By hiding in the woods and attacking lonely travellers they turned into one of the most feared sort of creeps in Lordaeron and all wooden places around the continent!

Link to the PNG Version: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1646881-post121.html

Attachments

• JunglemancerFinal.jpg
    JunglemancerFinal.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Give us 1 more week! Because I know this will allow alot of us to finish our entry... I've managed to talk with enjoy, LionesS, and a few other artist to make them enter this competition, but that was only 1 week ago..

so if give us 1 more week, I'm sure this will allow us to finish our concept art. talking about

Kimberly
Enjoy
LionesS
Me
and many others who just started not long ago.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Oh, great! I just got back today and wondered if I had time or not. Should be time enough to finish my piece.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Another WIP-shot.. and a bump.

LoaOgouHaitanVodouWIP10b.png

(Don't worry, everything in the sketch, except the blade, is still going to be there, it's just hidden while I work on the skin.)

Bad news.. I don't think I'll manage to finish my entry.. so if later tonight I don't feel like I will be able to acheive it. I will have to drop the digital drawing and finish it later by my own..

So if it goes wrong, I'll make a traditonnal drawing insted..

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It's basically a Voodoo Shaman, so I guess it's not so strikingly original considering there already is the Shadow Shaman in WCIII, but I'm thinking Loa Ogou here is more of a puppeteer.

Another WIP shot:
LoaOgouHaitanVodouWIP17.png

Oh well.. Consider this as my final entry

I'll try to update it during the night, every hour... so when the contest will be done, you will have the farest I've manage to get for this competition.

Good luck everyone..

==Legend==
Wip1= Basic Outline
Wip2 = Line art (basic)
Wip3 = Color test over Line art
Wip4 = WIP of the final piece (will be updated every hour)

Wip1.pngWip2.pngWip3.pngWip4.png

Concept Description
Under the leadership of Garrosh, the new Warchief, the Horde have been driven by the anger of their leader against the Alliance. Shamans are no longer trained to support their Orcish brothers with wisdom and knowledge of the elements. Instead, they are now trained as deadly warriors under Garrosh to destroy the Alliance. Driven by the spirits, this new type of Shamans use two massive fist weapons as weapons and light armor, forged with magic power, to give them more agility and speed. With their connection to the spirits, they dran powers from the wolves to become even more dangerous and deadly than any other Orc. Each of these Shamans are normally found with two massive trained black wolves that fight by their side. With this original wolf pack, these Shamans are known as the best warriors of the Horde, because they have the strength of an Orc, with the agility and speel of the most dangerous wolf, and that's not even including their two wolf companions.
-=Abilities=-
icons_6651_btn.jpg

Beastial Dancing
:The Shaman communicates with the wolf spirits and fall into a trans. He looses control of his body and lets the spirits control it for a few minutes. Giving his body and agility and speel beyond his own body limit. Under this effect, the shaman is x% faster (+attack & movement speed), but under this effect, his natural protection drops. (-armor)
icons_6655_pas.jpg

Nocturn Howl
:Being highly connected with the wolf spirits, the Shaman gainst not only most of its beast ability,but also its way of living. During the night, the Shaman and his wolves gain x% movement speed and y% life regeneration.
icons_6932_btn.jpg

Awoken Rage
:Controlling the spirits with skills, the Shaman awakens the spiritual strength of his two beasts, driving them into and deadly bloodlust of spiritual rage. The two wolves following the shaman gets x% bigger and y% armor for z seconds.
(Credits = Kimberly (DemonDragon Icon) / Iyzz_Fryzz (Howl Icon))

----------------------------
Edit = F$/%"@k.... I had to miss my alarm clock D:

Edit 2 = because I didn't had enough time to finish the digital version of my concept..decided to make a sculpture instead.. took about 4 hours, made with my hands and sharpened pencils..cause I couldn't find my tools :\ anyway.. the result turned out well anyway. :D

Vincent Stuff 015.jpgVincent Stuff 016.jpgVincent Stuff 051.jpgVincent Stuff 054.jpgVincent Stuff 053.jpgVincent Stuff 056.jpgVincent Stuff 059.jpgVincent Stuff 061.jpgVincent Stuff 066.jpgVincent Stuff 067.jpgVincent Stuff 063.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality.. I'm not a photograph :eek:

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Ah well, had to rush it a bit towards the end, so there's a lot of detail and polish that didn't make it into this, either way I don't have time to continue.

This is my final entry:

(50% size)
LoaOgouHaitanVodouWIP23FinalEntryby.png

(For 100% size click 'Download Image' on the right)
http://fav.me/d2u21vq

(Also uploaded the 50% version as an attachment in case Photobucket or DeviantArt should be down.)

Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• Loa Ogou (Final Entry) by shiiK.png
    Loa Ogou (Final Entry) by shiiK.png
    297.8 KB · Views: 143
Level 23
Ah well, had to rush it a bit towards the end, so there's a lot of detail and polish that didn't make it into this, either way I don't have time to continue.

This is my final entry:

(50% size)

(For 100% size click 'Download Image' on the right)
http://fav.me/d2u21vq

(Also uploaded the 50% version as an attachment in case Photobucket or DeviantArt should be down.)

Good luck everyone!

Why does she have enormous eyes? D:

Level 20
TWIF please could you elaborate on the judging criteria a bit more? Are they out of 5, 10? 100? Rated C-A? etc lol :p

Also I am currently rounding up everyone's final picture into this post, for easy judge access - if you would like to swap the image I put up for a WIP for some reason, I presume this to will be ok, TWIF?

-> Also tell me if I missed anyone :O

84836d1278237095-twif-custom-chat-icon-contest-1-concept-art-draneiworker.png

106cx8i.png

85629d1279205883-twif-custom-chat-icon-contest-1-concept-art-junglemancer.png

Mr Goblin: I am unsure whether to use your sculpture or picture...?

troll21-1.jpg

83589d1276297936-twif-custom-chat-icon-contest-1-concept-art-wip_final.png

83837d1276643508-twif-custom-chat-icon-contest-1-concept-art-scan0001.png

Valkyrie10-6-10.jpg

83375d1275931036-twif-custom-chat-icon-contest-1-concept-art-sniperhead.jpg

153136-albums2534-picture30206.jpg

83081d1275576065-twif-custom-chat-icon-contest-1-concept-art-wip3.png

Last edited:
Yes, they are all very well.

Mr. Goblin, yes. the one you feel best depicts your art.

Hum being a ''concept art'' take all of them..

seriously guys.. when we are talking about ''concept art''

the drawing skills doesn't really mather, it's the idea that does.. but sure every concept artist are beast in art.. because if they weren't, they couldn't reproduce their ideas correctly. Now that's why every mediums are possible when you're a concept artist.. as long as you reproduce your idea correctly.

For example = with drawing.. or with Sculpting.

Now, every diffrent picture shot I took, it's to show it from diffrent angles.. because when we are talking about concept art... it's supposed to a drawing/sculpture that the modeler will have to recreate later.. ''because concept artists are not always modelers too'' it's normaly 2 diffrent peoples that do 2 diffrent jobs.

so having pictures from diffrent angles when of a ''concept art statue'', simply gives more tools to the modeler to recreate the ''concept art'' the best he can.

+ you asked for wip.. but okay if you insit.. I'll edit my final entry post and delete the images that aren't WIP

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

She doesn't have giant eyes. *sigh*
It's a mask, you can't even see the eyes.

Oh, and as for the not looking like a witch doctor comment, well, whatever details I intended to add would've made it more obvious. Either way, they won't be part of the evaluation, I didn't have time to finish it and that's all my fault, so it's being left like this.

So yeah, just clarification: she's got a mask, she's got a voodoo doll and a needle. The intended weaponry is darts (and a passive ability adding poison to those).. the rest is voodoo related.

Good luck everyone! That tauren is awesome, enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.