• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TWIF - Custom Chat Icon Contest #1 - Concept Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Er... Care to remove my name from the list? I forgot that I actually got exams, starting from tomorrow.

On the other hand, it's actually nearly finished. I just don't have the motivation to do so.
(And remember: EXAMS!)

Level 26
Blood Elf reaper type thing. Little jet wings and magic lobbing swords.
Valkyrie9-6-10.jpg

Level 20
So for example... you could draw a Panther (closest thing to a fox? (Even though it's a feline ^.^)) for the night elves? :confused:

Just think of units that would fit in Warcraft but aren't already in it and draw it, let your creativity flow -> submit the result and walagh!

You may find a model based off your 'concept' and win a chat icon ^.^

Conception = "an abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances"

-> Looking good, ike ike

hum fuch the Frostwyrm Death knight rider.. I didn't manage to come with a cool armor looking concept.. had barely made the Helmet, the bracers and part of the chest, didn't had any freaking ideas for the boots, and shoulders and after 4 hours staring at my computer I decided to drop..

anyway started with a new concept, it's a orc.. you will understand what type of ''orc'' he will be later on..
OrcShaman copy.png

Level 13
Mr. Goblin, it will be a shaman I can see.
Nice all of you ^^
I don't think I'm going to participate, I draw like a.... a..... Bad drawer.

Level 13
I'll try to enter then. How long time do we have?
If more than 1 week, I'm in.

Level 48
Mr.Goblin, you named your file 'Orc Shaman'. :p

Also, isn't recreating an already existing unit not a concept art...? I mean a concept art in this specific case is to give the developers an idea for a new unit, no? :/

Also, his proportions are wrong, and especially the head is too small. Looks like the Incredible Hulk.

Mr.Goblin, you named your file 'Orc Shaman'. :p

Also, isn't recreating an already existing unit not a concept art...? I mean a concept art in this specific case is to give the developers an idea for a new unit, no? :/

Also, his proportions are wrong, and especially the head is too small. Looks like the Incredible Hulk.

do you think my shaman concept would follow the warcraft3 concept? Jeez man you know me better :p

My concept would be a shaman warrior that fight with his bear(wolf) hands using the spirit of the wolf.. he will have runes and shit and be 2 times faster than every other orcs, jump farer, blablabla.. Not sure yet but he could turn himself into a Wolf humanoid (werewolf thingy) wich would reduce his life regeneration and mana regeneration and he would be more affective to magic, but would increase his attack speed and mouvement speed and a bit of his attack.

not that spell caster...trowing lightning balls..

Jeez Debode.. comeone! :D

Level 20
I'll try to enter then. How long time do we have?
If more than 1 week, I'm in.

I don't want to sound bitchy but seriously, every hiveworkshop competition has the start and finish date within the first post (or should do). Is it that hard to check yourself? :xxd:

Anyway, you have plenty of time:

Starts - June 2, 2010
Ends - July 6th

Looking good, Mr. Goblin - Very Uh-riginal :p

Level 12
MY WIP:

What it is:
Right now it looks like absolutely nothing but a meek orc.
WRONG!
He is actually a hybrid. here is my story:
When an orc shaman was enchanted by a woman of a city he was supposed to pillage, he cast a spell upon her so she would love him in return. They lived happily together out in the wilderness until they were both found and murdered for discrimination. Since it would be inhumane to kill an infant, Rosh'nak was left to starve out in the wilderness. However, inheriting the traits of both races, Rosh'nak was not only intelligent but also strong. He survived many years, and it wasn't until the scourge of Lordaeron that he realized that species he was. His fate was sealed when he snuck aboard the ship of leaving orcs but coloring his skin green. After finding the fights between humans and orcs were very brutal, he made it his ultimate goal to create piece between them.

Please excuse the fact that I am terrible at drawing, I just want to be in the contest.

Attachments

• scan0001.png
    scan0001.png
    2 MB · Views: 984

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm still in, not sure if I'll be able to hit the deadline though.. two weeks of relentless partying upcoming, so I only have a couple days now and after that to do it. We'll see how it goes.

Either way, I'll do the Ice Bitch later, TWIF, and do something new with this:

PreliminarySketches_TAKE3-ICE5.png

Level 13
I'm still in, but I don't have good ideas atm, and school is not over yet :p
btw, ShiiK, didn't Kimberly already draw something like that?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm still in, but I don't have good ideas atm, and school is not over yet :p
btw, ShiiK, didn't Kimberly already draw something like that?

She helped me make the pose more dynamic, that's all. I guess you could call it a collaborative sketch.

Level 13
I give up. My mind is EMPTY, no ideas at all. Well except one, but it does not fit into WC.

Level 13
Done

Okay, i am done with my work now, though i really stressed it through.
It is far from completition but this is better than nothing atleast. I'm going to france for a week, so i'll have to upload it now. It is a draenei worker. I used the wc3 draenei as a template a little.

Best Regards Nara-shikamaru

Attachments

• DraneiWorker.png
    DraneiWorker.png
    434.8 KB · Views: 1,376
Status
Not open for further replies.