• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Concept) Art(work) Contest #4 Decisions

Please vote for the contest style and theme.

• One beast different type of legion/army

Votes: 0 0.0%

• *********Contest options:*********

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Okay, please read before you vote:

You have more than one vote:

Be sure that you vote for at least one of the upper part options (theme options) and for one of the lower part options (contest options).

Options concerning the contest in general are (in very short words):
  • Concept Art Contest - No need to be coloured, no background necessary.
  • Artwork Contest - Finished artwork, should be coloured, choose somekind of background to accent the presented object/matter.

Level 34
What about things other than organisms? Or general themes, like the steam punk one we had.

Level 18
I voted for "It's not what it seems at first sight", because I'd like to see a lot of creativity, which is probably most found in this theme, and I voted for a Combat scene with 2 characters, because I like action and I'm curious what battle picture people have in their heads.
Contest option: Concept Art Contest. Hand drawn sketches show in my opinion a lot more skill of the artist. Artwork makes it feel kind of limited to me. Only needed if you need it for something specific, while this is a contest for fun.

I have a question, what exactly is
One beast different type of legion/army?

lets say you have a tauren. then you would draw that tauren in 4 different armys for example, a tauren suited for ice/snow condition, forest condition, desert condition or naval battle condition

this i am guessing would include different camo and different gear

say... does a battle scene allow slight gore?

Last edited:
Level 16
more ideas: maybe its a good idea to make a general idea sticky topic and make lists of ideas for every kind of contest. so people can post ideas and the list gets updated.

snow battle
wanderering the world
make a mascotte for the concept art contest
Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (can be made in alot of ways)
haunted/nightmare
armor overkill
design a hero
poison parade
nature's fury
locked/captured
escaped beast
guard(ian)
shadow beast
mailman monster
demonic tower design
Illustrate your favorite song

edit; another one: scarred

Level 18
Exactly my thoughts. After all: We're a community for Warcraft III modding, so army soldiers will probably not be seen a lot here. My expectations is probably mainly Night Elves. Let's hope people are creative with camouflage here ^^

Level 11
Something that shows the entire concept, not just a portrait and such, too. Unless, of course, the theme is Design a Character's Face or something where the details about the head are most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.