• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest Poll #2

Your favourite theme for the next Concept Art Contest?

• Demons

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Medieval War Machines

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Adventurers/Heroes

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Mythical Creatures

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Futuristic

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Fantasy City

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Medieval City

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Good & Evil

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Favourite Warcraft Unit

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Nature Scenery

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
The image is misleading. I wouldn't have used it if you don't even want people to draw typical demons.

Level 26
20 days? I honestly think that we give people waaaaaaay too much time for these contests, but whatever.

Hmm. Demons...demons...demooooons...

Methinks I have a cunning plan.

Can I do some rough sketches before the contest starts, as long as the sketches aren't used for the contest?

maybe you could take pick of the top 3 voted choicess, pick a random one and reveal on the day of the contest. that way it wouldnt matter what the contestants sketch.
that could probably play out better for all the people who hate demons and want to do mythical or wc unit. its too close a voting to pick a topic outright. and it would be impossible to complain because it was random.

now i think on it, i dont mind the top 3 choices so it wouldnt matter which ever one got chosen

Level 24
If demons are choosen, just as it currently looks like, i suggest a hosting date sometime after the 24th febuary (-> deadline of the Texturing Competition).

Here's a possible layout:
demon_art.jpg

Rolling stones - Sympathy for the devil

<333333333 that song, lol.

Level 34
Okay.

Remember, the final decision does lie with the contest host/staff, this poll is simply to get the publics opinion.

Level 35
People think everything 'dark, evil, bloody, rebellious, and GRAWR! HEAVY METAL THRASH DEMON PUNK <insert cussing> TEENAGE RAGE!!!!!!!!' makes them cool..

"I'm liek...so totally for the dark side man, the good side is liek...lame" is the essential quote of youth.

Which is probably one reason my entry won't win...since it isn't going to be some muscular half assed demon sprouting horns out of every orifice.

Level 11
People think everything 'dark, evil, bloody, rebellious, and GRAWR! HEAVY METAL THRASH DEMON PUNK <insert cussing> TEENAGE RAGE!!!!!!!!' makes them cool..

"I'm liek...so totally for the dark side man, the good side is liek...lame" is the essential quote of youth.

Which is probably one reason my entry won't win...since it isn't going to be some muscular half assed demon sprouting horns out of every orifice.

For the last time, quit the griping. It was established since the begining of the theme suggestion that we intended for more original, bizzarre, or lovecraftian horrors. There is no need for half this thread to be 'dunt make red guiz.' And even so, I would go so far to say someone could definitly make a very creative spin on the standard biblical horned red demon. Now get drawing or get quieter. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.