• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #13 New Theme Poll

What theme do u want for Icon Contest #13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
It was mentioned by some people that my opinion might have less value on this topic as I'm not partaking in the contest. Therefor I just wanted to vocalize that I voted for "Animal Instincts" and "Vanilla Icon Recreation", do with that information what you will.

Level 21
I don't see my suggestion up there! This is an outrage -_-

Courage Footman16, my suggestion has also been thrown in the rubbish :cry:

Well, I'll have to opt for other themes. I voted for Elemental Skills/Item and Mechanical, the ones I deem most useful.

Fate... the one I repute least useful (Upgrades & Tech) is the one with most votes at the moment (along with icons for DC models). :thumbs_down: Good that I am not a participant then.

Level 10
I know making multiple icons for the same theme could
be monotonic. But there are no item set icons in the game, and I havent seen
any in the icons section (surely there are some) yet they are essential for
rpg styled maps, my vote goes for item sets, for the greater good. :)
By the same logic I think primal sins are an unlucky choice. We would
get 99 versions for the same subjects, + the usefulness of sin icons are also in question.

DC model icons is a both useful and interesting theme, but its likely there will be
some overlaps for the created icons. Its fine tho

Vanilla icon remakes, this one is fairly interesting and also challenging. Maybe to challenging, no offense but Im not sure how many of the icons made by us will be better than the original ones u no wha I mean.

Level 48
I really have no business in this thread seeing how I don't make icons, but I voted for "DC models", "Upgrades & Tech", "Attack & Armor Types", "Elemental Skills\Items", "Vanilla Icon Recreation" and "Trolls".

One question though - does "icons for Director's Cut models" imply ability icons and such or is it just the unit's portrait?

Level 30
I really have no business in this thread seeing how I don't make icons, but I voted for "DC models", "Upgrades & Tech", "Attack & Armor Types", "Elemental Skills\Items", "Vanilla Icon Recreation" and "Trolls".

One question though - does "icons for Director's Cut models" imply ability icons and such or is it just the unit's portrait?

i think portrait and abbs

also we can merge both 2 winning now topics : items sets for dc models

In my opinion, icons for DC models is not a good theme, because the whole contest will be flooded with screenshot icons, and even if something isn't a screenshot, it will look like one. Very rarely can a freehand icon for a model be creative.

Instead I've voted for:
Upgrades & Tech, Item Sets, Hero Attributes, Crafting Materials, Pirates, Attack & Armor Types and Elemental Skills/Items.
I think those will give most freedom :)

There will be no screenshot icons.
All entries must be from scratch.
It's a competition, and, as has been underlined several times, among other requirements are: 100% freehand, no screenies, no CNP,...etc.
Well, that makes it a bit better, but I still think the theme would not give a lot of freedom. Not to mention that the DC models are limited in number and each of the contestants need to make, what, four of them? That would lead to several of the icons being the same and to limiting the freedom of contestants that have entered late (if they don't want to make the same icons as the others). Still, that is just my opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.