• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest Poll #2

Your favourite theme for the next Concept Art Contest?

• Demons

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Medieval War Machines

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Adventurers/Heroes

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Mythical Creatures

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Futuristic

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Fantasy City

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Medieval City

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Good & Evil

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Favourite Warcraft Unit

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Nature Scenery

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
<3

...why are demons winning...geez...that is SOOOOO fricken cliche.

You don't need hardly any imagination anymore to put horns, hooves, teeth, and bat wings on something...this isn't 1240 AD.

FANTASY CITY FTW!

And you don't need any imagination to throw together a bunch of buildings and spires either. But to do anything worthy of placing, you'd need to make it creative and aesthetically pleasing. And more people want to see gruesome, adorable, or disturbing, yet all imaginative takes on demons, than they do for a city.

yeah, but imagine ''EPIC HEROS'' how majestic and dark or powerfull it could be, with the ''EPIC HEROS'' you can make an orc, or a tauren, or even the Darkest warlock...

but demon is nice, but it will be a very very dark and red coloring thing..

when i say...
... of course it would need tonnes of detail and effort to make look real
...what i really mean is that to draw somehthing that complicated and that detailed, one would have to slave day and night with a pencil and so much hours would be spent paintin those details that who ever finishes it will either

a) have broken their fingers in the artistic fury
or
b) is in a hospital, recovering from mental exaustion
and so would probably be unable to post their work
another scenario is that (which is probably most likely)

c) many people would be too lazy to draw something that massive in the first

in which case we would have one or two entry of a house with horns
i was just suggesting a possibility to bounty hunter.
too much epic is bad for you. i like epic stuff but i doubt people will be willing to slave away for some contest. something more simple and enjoyable

Level 30
If demons are choosen, just as it currently looks like, i suggest a hosting date sometime after the 24th febuary (-> deadline of the Texturing Competition).

Here's a possible layout:
demon_art.jpg

140841-albums879-picture8989.png

Theme: Demonic
Each contestant must create a hand made demonic subject.
Your aim is to bring us something really original and creative. Unoriginal work, such as the random red guy with horns & claws above, will influence the judging in a negative way. "Demonic" is something supernatural that is generally described as a malevolent spirit. This includes creatures and objects as well.

Your aim is the creation of something fresh and new, to get rid of the red horned guys, just as the one above.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  • All entries must follow The Hiveworkshop's rules.
  • Blood, gore, intense violence, and extreme visions of the grotesque are allowed as long as they follow site rules and are within a good level of reason, just as the contest's theme.
  • The art piece must contain at minimum one character or invention.
  • The art piece must be a newly created work started after the contest begins. Old work is NOT allowed.
  • You must show at minimum one WIP pic in order for your entry to qualify.
  • Please be original in your creative process.
  • You may have a background in your art piece. however, this is a concept art contest, not a landscape contest.
  • Please make sure that your concept is the center focus, and not the background.
  • The art piece must deal with the contest's theme.
  • Artistic theft, attempting to sabotage another artist's work, voting for yourself in the public poll and breaking the rules results in disqualifiaction at least.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 40 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judges:
    <Judge>

• 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • The contest shall begin on Date and conclude on [rainbow]Date (20 days)
    Time[/rainbow] (GMT)

Last edited:
Level 30
Well, as stated in the layout, the random red guy with horns & claws will be counted as very "unoriginal".
If you decide to make a demonic city, go ahead with it. Declaring it to the contest's single theme reduces the possibility to express creativity too much, whileas the "demonic" theme leaves a huge and free space for original ideas and submissions.
And it's the public opinion. So we should go ahead with it.

I'm going to post the submission in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.