• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest Poll #2

Your favourite theme for the next Concept Art Contest?

• Demons

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Medieval War Machines

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Adventurers/Heroes

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Mythical Creatures

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Futuristic

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Fantasy City

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Medieval City

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Good & Evil

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Favourite Warcraft Unit

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Nature Scenery

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
For the last time, quit the griping. It was established since the begining of the theme suggestion that we intended for more original, bizzarre, or lovecraftian horrors. There is no need for half this thread to be 'dunt make red guiz.' And even so, I would go so far to say someone could definitly make a very creative spin on the standard biblical horned red demon. Now get drawing or get quieter. :p

I was talking about the mind of the people who tend to vote for demon on everything...

NOT about the contest theme in general. I was answering a question anyway...I have full rights to do so, and will exercise them if I see fit.

I thought you have read the contest submission. Apparently you didn't.

At the time, I did not know that the contest had been made. And even still...we all know good and well the populace will vote for the diablo clone.

Level 16
I also wonder how many entries there will be and how many of those chose Demonic theme. Maybe let give the artists of last competition a second vote (or let their vote count twice), because they are most likely to enter the next contest or at least have an eye for it. So they could have a better judgement on what they're going to draw right? Just throwing out ideas :D

Level 15
It's a sketch of a character/building/vehicle/whatever centering on that object only and ignoring additional elements such as background or other details. Eg. if you are making some mecha concept art, you're not going to spend a lot of time drawing clouds in the back or some people around it, but you will pay much attention to the mecha itself.

Level 30
So... when exactly does this contest starts?

As soon as the Cinematic Contest is completely over.

A sketch is a rapidly executed freehand drawing that is not intended as a finished work. In general, a sketch is a quick way to record an idea for later use.

But not every concept art is a sketch. Else this would be named "Sketches Contest".
Creating a complete, finished or even nearly finished, artwork is concept art as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.