• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The 3rd melee contest should have theme? if yes wich?

The 3rd melee contest should have theme? if yes wich?

• Yes theme: FIRE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes theme: WATER

• Yes Theme: FELL / POISON

• Yes Theme: TEMPLES

• Yes Theme: MAGIC

• Yes Theme: VEGETATION, A LOT OF PLANTS

• Yes Theme: PONDS / LAKES

• Yes Theme: LIBRARY / BOOKSHELFS

• Yes Theme: SHIPS / PORTS

• Yes Theme: CRATERS

• Yes Theme: THRONE OF ANY SORT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
The question speaks it self.

The 3rd melee contest should have theme?

Yes or No?

If yes wich?

I set options that I know they can be done with WC3 Presets. (For those who want to have all presets to reach Blizzard).

You can propose another option and I can edit the poll and add that option to the poll. (the option should be made with wc3 presets, things like custom tiles or alpha tiles, a sci fi enviroment, I think it won´t do)

You can vote 5 categories.

You can change your vote anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 39
I think a player number restriction is a better 'theme' than a visual theme. 1v1 worked fine for the last contest and there was a lot of variety in entries. Just pick some NvN or N-FFA. (yes I'm aware of the other poll thread)

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Voted for "NO THEME" one. Arbitrary restrictions will not help in making of quality maps. Also what Blood Raven said.

Level 29
I thought the whole idea of the contest was to have no imports so the maps are compatible (look good) on Warcraft III Reforged.

Thats if you want to reach Blizzard, if you don´t want to, you can use imported materials (and or delete them later).
In my 1vs1 map I wanted to use imported material to make honor the Hive-models. Is up to you what do you want.
But if someone wish to reach Blizzard she/he should have freedom to do it, so it could be done with wc3 presets.

I think a player number restriction is a better 'theme' than a visual theme. 1v1 worked fine for the last contest and there was a lot of variety in entries. Just pick some NvN or N-FFA. (yes I'm aware of the other poll thread)

number of players is mandatory, if the category is 6 players FFA you can´t do a 2vs2, or a 1vs1, that is automatically balance score 0.

theme is subjetive, if a theme is fire, you can do:
- burning villages.
-volcanoes.
- fire temples
- dark souls fire (small fires in rocks)
-lava rivers
-things with blue fire

An user can do something big with fire in 1 place, or a lot of small things disperesed over all the map

not following the theme, I mean not puting nothing of fire, is just a very low loss of enviroment score, but the map can win in balance.

I am just explaining the thing:, this is the first time that a poll with theme options is done in melee like terraining contest, music contest and others.
I agree that I like 100% freedom to everybody, but theme based topic was in the air in the 2nd contest too.

I can´t participate, so I am not going to vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.