• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, it was about time someone tried doing something diferent , and this idea is great.
And since i liked it so much i justed wanted to help in anyway possible so i will try to give some ideas...btw i am a terraner, so i will try helping in this area =D

So i have a suggestion for an area of the map, it s of a like ancient city (or just old) and the quest could be related to a religion...(if u guys like i can develop it a bit more =D)

186991-albums3040-picture49084.png

186991-albums3040-picture49086.png

186991-albums3040-picture49085.png

i made this very quickly so it s very empty but you can have an idea of how it will be.And at the end could be a giant library maybe for quest and spells...

Keep with the good work u guys, anxious to play this map xD

Level 12
I kinda like the UI and I really like how the grass "shines". But I think at the minimap part that you should shade the brown paper or whatever it is abit more, because it looks abit too cartoonish but thats just my opinion of course its up to you. :)

Also sverkerman I can't wait for that castle, I wish I had skype but unfortunately I can't install it.

Level 6
I kinda like the UI and I really like how the grass "shines". But I think at the minimap part that you should shade the brown paper or whatever it is abit more, because it looks abit too cartoonish but thats just my opinion of course its up to you. :)

Also sverkerman I can't wait for that castle, I wish I had skype but unfortunately I can't install it.

I will burn the edges of the paper, but I have to wait until the terrain is done, because I will use a minimap overlay in the same sheme, and It's edges needs to be burned aswell, so it will melt in.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Guess what? The beast is done.
Hands down, this was the most amazing piece of terrain I've ever created. It took me about 56 hours to compleate.

Images coming soon, I am currently taking them/uploading them. This post will then be edited with the final result.

EDIT: My internet it currently limited. I cannot upload the images due to it taking up to 5 hours. Expect them in a few days.

Level 5
so the guy with white text said that sverkerman said he made it 400x400, and gamer said its 256x256, and now sverkerman said he MENT 265x265, so goin once, going twice :D hahaha srsly who cares whats the size of the map? :D the file size is what counts :D DOTA allmost has 8 MB thats because they imported a HD version for every icon they use.. sooo sverkerman any news regarding a public testing? :D

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
We have 3000 hits so getting more supporters should not be a problem.

*Waves at EVERYONE that reads this message*

I'm gonna make a list for all the people that wants to beta test Truevision. If you are interested give me a small PM, letting me know so that I can add you to the "randomizer".

I will add this to the main thread :)

EDIT: Updates added to main post!

Level 6
We both felt that the current combat system was too determinated by luck, rather than strategy. I'm remaking the combat system into a class-based fight of the similar kind with about 8 spells per class.

Will delay the map a little bit', but we'll save development time in not having to create a ton of abilities for the magic proffesion.

Sorry.

Level 2
Well I hope u can make an awesome system =D
Can u give more details about it or it s not yet decided

Level 5
Four.
Mainhand, offhand, chest, head.
Sverker seem to wanna add another one, though.

Well..
Mainhand.. sure like sword spear or smtn
Offhand.. shield or a gun or smtn :D
Chest i would like to use word armor.. well what ever
Head.. helmet or smtn

I dont know why should be there anything else..

I started playing a certain game called "Spiral knight's" the game also has the same 4 slots like mentioned above, and i like that :D

Level 24
So just a litle idea that came to my mind. Since I'm on alot of RP servers on wow I'm finding a speciall addon verry usefull. This addon allows us to write the characters history and allowing other people with the same addon see it. Just something that would be cool to see in Truevision ORPG.

Level 6
So just a litle idea that came to my mind. Since I'm on alot of RP servers on wow I'm finding a speciall addon verry usefull. This addon allows us to write the characters history and allowing other people with the same addon see it. Just something that would be cool to see in Truevision ORPG.

We'll sure, but then you would have to write it every game, kinda ruins the porpuse, eh?
Unless you can come up with a way to make a text become a longer text, there is no way to store something as long as that inside a savecode.

Seems kind of wierd, this isn't really designed for roleplay.

In other words: no.

Level 5
I'd love to sign up for the betatesting. Couldn't find a good way to sign up, so I guess I'll just sign up here, if there's any problem I guess I could just tell a admin to remove it.

"CV"

I'm currently a tester of The Kingdom of Kaliron ORPG
I have decent knowledge in mapmaking and might be able to see what causes a few bugs et.c.
I'm 15 years old, I have skype, I can be mature, If there's anything else you'd like to know just tell me.

Level 24
Ok I understand why you wount do it since it would be a to long save code but you cant call it a roll playing game if it's not meant for role playing :p

Level 24
I have no idea and I do not say dont call it a orpg but there is a huge problem with making a non roleplaying friendly roleplaying game ;)

Level 5
It is an ORPG, it's not a RPG, they could call it strategy and have it right, it's their choice, and it's not a misguiding choice, if you think that just because it's called ORPG it should have every RP feature there is, then you should seek help. Immedietaly.

Level 6
I have no idea and I do not say dont call it a orpg but there is a huge problem with making a non roleplaying friendly roleplaying game ;)

Taken from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game):

Online text-based role-playing games involve many players using some type of text-based interface and an Internet connection to play an RPG. Games played in a real-time way include MUDs, MUSHes, and other varieties of MU*. Games played in a turn-based fashion include play-by-mail games and play-by-post games.

Massively multi-player online role-playing games (MMORPGs) combine the large-scale social interaction and persistent world of MUDs with graphic interfaces. Most MMORPGs do not actively promote in-character role-playing, however players can use the games' communication functions to role-play so long as other players cooperate.[28] The majority of players in MMORPGs do not engage in role-play in this sense.[29]

Computer-assisted gaming can be used to add elements of computer gaming to in-person tabletop role-playing, where computers are used for record-keeping and sometimes to resolve combat, while the participants generally make decisions concerning character interaction.

Read the "underlined" part.

It clearly states that It is possible to role-play through the chat system, but mmorpgs do not necessarily need to promote role-playing.
(orpg is pretty much mmorpg without the "massive-multiplayer" part, so, same thing)

End of discussion :thumbs_up:

EDIT:
BTW, I'm going on vacation for two weeks, and when im there, I'm trying to enjoy the sun, and not map-make all day.
I'll probably be the one of us who works on the map then, though, since the triggers are currently behind the terrain and needs more work.
Things might progress a tad slower.
I'll have no internet connection.

Level 24
Well anyway I think this as far as we'll get with this arguing so probebly I'll enjoy playing your mod, take care and have fun with your paradox ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.