1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Titan's Guardian

Submitted by Misha, Thrikodius
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Edit: so apparently war3 is derp enough to disallow the model just 'walking' on the ocean floor? o_O so i had to do duplicate anims and tweak a few things. But now this stone naga is fully amphibious :p enjoy

So.. this is a model animated by.. How many people? o_O
we have Thrikodius, we have Raph the Great, we have Hayate.. and I think UgoUgo also had something to do with it, but i am not quite sure.. It's old enough for me to forget

Originally this was my 'Naga Brute' model, which could be found on.. I think it's called Trishroom now? oO But i had so much trouble with its bones, particles, and anims, that i decided to re-tweak as much as i can and finally get it to a state where he actually feels like a complete hero. Unfortunately, that meant i needed to remove the swim anims, but it wasn't that much of a problem, as i found a perfect skin to match; Titan Serpent by Daenar7

So i present; Titan's Guardian. a Naga that has been granted stone form by whichever Titan-related entity that was left behind after they left Azeroth

Enjoy :p

Credit would be good since so many of us worked on this one :p

P.S. don't bother me if anims are not that good, it's old :p

Keywords:
old, model, of, naga, brute, reworked, and, renamed, to, titans, guardian, :p he, is, pretty, rocky
Contents

Titan's Guardian (Model)

Reviews
10:25, 11th Jul 2015 MiniMage: Nagas could always use a boss, approved.
  1. 10:25, 11th Jul 2015
    MiniMage: Nagas could always use a boss, approved.

2. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's one badass looking naga

3. Skyfira

Skyfira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Aww dang. No swim animations means I probably cant use it for my map >.<

Personal uses aside though, this is a wonderful model and a great addition to the naga race.
    I personally think the animations look just fine and are new and refreshing. Awesome work to all of you!

4. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well... This has got to be the most unique naga model I've ever seen.

5/5.

I want to congratulate everyone who worked on it for doing a good job. There's a lot going on in this model.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  5. Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for this great addition Misha. You sir, are a hell of a model maker!

6. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    True

7. Danor

Danor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great model!
    Sucks for the sea witch but finally I can give the naga a epic male leader!!

8. NhazUl

NhazUl

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ziggurat pauldrons? Creative, but a little over-detailed in comparison to the hands. Attend to that maybe?

9. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sweet Naga warrior, Great work, God Bless!

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure.. the animations were made for those regular war3 naga fists, not too sure what you're suggesting me

11. jonbon29

jonbon29

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice, this male naga looks badass!

12. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    if you'd like, I could begin the progress of re adding new swim animations, no idea how long that'd take, I personally thought they were very nice, would of been easier for me to re work them then build new ones, the fact you deleted them to save space is considerably upsetting.

a neat model though I like its new colors.

13. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wonderful but it must have swim animations.

14. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Rocks sink, the swim anims are not needed if the model is doing well enough already
    no pickyness needed, Kam

15. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    *Naga Swims*
    I am lazy animate that
    so I decided to ban Swimming in Naga Society

I see that
    *Misha*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  16. Senior

Senior

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool i'll say it's 5/5 if you were suppost to do Cool Naga

17. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sure, rocks sink, because they can't propel themselves. Doesn't mean no heavy creatures can swim.

Just because the model is amazing 5/5 material doesn't mean that it can't still be improved. Have you forgotten that this site is for providing resources for people to use in their maps, not just for people to look at and rate? Swimming is extremely important for a naga model. Since this can't swim, it can't go along with other naga units which do swim. It would have to run all the way around the body of water (if that's even possible on the map it's used in) while its army swims across. If there isn't a land path around, it wouldn't even be able to cross to keep up with its army. Essentially, it's limited to maps that aren't built for use of naga. If someone wanted to make a map that was designed for naga's swimming functionality, they'd have to leave this incredible model out of it.

Sure, you can leave swim anims out and still get 5/5's. I still gave this a 5/5 myself. But that doesn't mean it isn't worth making the effort to drastically improve the usefulness of this model. It should be used in tons of naga maps, not sitting on the forums gathering 5/5's and dust. What matters more to you, that your resource is useful to people, or just having it good enough to get ratings and rep?

You've just uploaded it and even in the first page there are already a few requests for swimming animations. You can clearly see how badly they're needed.

18. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ehh animate this will be like, something... I dunno, whatever... Not sure if transfering anim work on this, if not, i will suffer lol

19. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He can do as he likes. I am somewhat biased because I have a Naga race and swim animations are a must. It's a highly detailed model regardless.