• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Out of date, go here to find the most recent UTM.

After many hours of changing file names and looking up texture paths its finally here! I started from scratch instead of using the old one. Every author has credit for all of their work now, no more unknowns!

A new version will probally be coming soon. I'm not completely happy with how the doodads are organized right now. If you know of any small file size doodads out there that would make a good addition to this map let me know.

This is the third version I've released, a few others not by me are out there so there may be some confusion with version numbers.

Credits go to the following authors, without their models, this map would not be what it is.
Daelin
Olofmoleman
Chriz.
xXm0rpH3usXx
Celestea
Nasrudin
aquilla
Mc !
Illidan
reinless
oBs3rv3r
Xios
sc_freak
abriko
JetFangInferno
iNfraNe
Whitehorn
Red XIII
HappyTauren
Herio-san
Illidan(evil)x
Born2Modificate
BlinkBoy

What is the Ultimate Terraining Map?
The Ultimate Terraining Map (UTM) was developed long ago to make terraining easier for terrainers everywhere. Some of the features of the map include...
  • Over 949 imported files and yet still under 4MB!
  • Pathing set to none for most doodads.
  • Doodads reorganzied so that none are missed or forgotten.
How do you use the UTM?
Simply open it up in World Edit (USWME is prefered) and follow these easy steps...
1. Go to Scenario ---> Map Size And Camera Bounds
Check off both Camera Bounds and Map Bounds
Use the arrows to adjust the map to whatever size you want, remember that you can always come back here and change it should you want to shrink/increase the size.
2. Go to Advanced ---> Modify Tileset
From the dropdown menu select whichever Tileset pleases you and press OK.

You're all set, start Terraining!

Some information on its organization...
How the doodads are organized in their menus is a bit than the default. The best way to familiarize yourself with them is probally to just go down the list and check out each doodad to give you a basic idea of what you have available to you and where you can find it.

Doodads Are Divided As Follows...

Bridge/Ramps
A default directory, pathing has been removed but no new doodads are contained here.

Cinematic
Contains flashy doodads.
Contains subgroups such as Fire, Lighting, Particles, and Sky.

Cliff/Terrain
Another deafault directory, not much to be seen in here.

Enviroment
Contains enviromental-themed doodads.
Contains subgroups such as Animals, Crater, Crystal, Farm, Fissure, Grass, Ice, Mushrooms, Rock, Shrubs, Trees, Underground, Vines and Water Life.

Pathing Blockers
Normally unused this directory should see some more use.
It obviously contains pathing blockers to be used in playable maps, the new addition is that of shadow doodads. These doodads have no graphic but will create a shadow on the ground, useful for making a place seem darker if the terrain texture is too bright.

Props
Generally smaller objects and props used in the world.
Subgroups include Banner, Barrens, Bones, Book, Carpet, Church, Death, Debris, Demon, Farm, Fence, Flooring, Furniture, House, Items, Lighting, Misc, Moria, Obelisk, Pedestal, Platform, Ruins, Ship, Special, Throne, Tile, Torture, Underground, Wall, Ruins (2).

Structures
Includes buildings and some of the larger props/objects.
Subgroups include Archway, Barrens, Bricks (A Building Framework Pack), Bridge, Building (All Kinds), Castla (Castle Set), Castle (Another Set), City Building (Blizzard Default, Column, Fountain, Framework (A Building Framework Pack), Gate, Hobbiton, Log (A Building Framework Pack), Misc, Naboo, Palisade, Pav (A Building Framework Pack), Roof, Ruined, Ruins, Statues, Stone Wall, Tile, Underground, Wall, Water.

Trees/Destructibles
Mostly default Blizzard trees, a few custom combinations of standard Blizzard Models/Textures have been made.
Contains Wall Trees, Canopy Trees and a few other Destructibles.

Water
Contains Debris, Ice, Ships.
More importantly has 7 standard Blizzard water tiles and iNfraNe's water model, all very useful.

I think I've forgotten some important things that I would usually post in this thread, if I did I'll edit it later.

• 3.0 Is the latest version.
  • 4x is one of the un-offical versions, smaller in size.
  • 2.0 is the original before I remade the 3.0.

Attachments

• The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 18,408
  • The Ultimate Terraining Map v4x.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,898
  • The Ultimate Terraining Map 2.0.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,992
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
lol i think craka J is away or busy for awhile ... nvr see his reply for awhile

BTW NICE VERSION OF UTM u rockk to compile all those custom models x)

Level 21
This is a worthy successor :)

I have found a few flaws nevertheless :/

Tree : Dedacious versions 1 to 3 do not seem to be working.
Tile : Silver carpet fails as well.
Light : blue is a useful light doodad, but with an easy mdl edit you could also add red, yellow, etc. lights to the map, which could be a useful addition. If you don't know how to, I can edit them, takes less than a minute
I can't seem to be able to create multiple "Grass Animated 5" at the same time (by selecting size 2, 3, 4 or 5)... Don't know why, it's strange.

And yes, you can search by author. Just click "advanced search".
Here's the thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37739
I also think that thread contains more useful models.

Level 45
Level 9
I have found a few flaws nevertheless :/
Tree : Dedacious versions 1 to 3 do not seem to be working.
Tile : Silver carpet fails as well.
Light : blue is a useful light doodad, but with an easy mdl edit you could also add red, yellow, etc. lights to the map, which could be a useful addition. If you don't know how to, I can edit them, takes less than a minute
I can't seem to be able to create multiple "Grass Animated 5" at the same time (by selecting size 2, 3, 4 or 5)... Don't know why, it's strange.

The light would be a great thing to add. I don't know anything about model editing but if someone makes a pack I'd be sure to add it right away.
As for the tree and tile I'll check it out. As for the animated grass I'm pretty sure that has to do with a certain field in the editor, I'll see if I can fix it.

Well, I found the link to the pack in the poll archive of contests, here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/s...5&postcount=87

Nice, I'll make sure to have it in by the next update, those are the simple yet effective kind of doodads we're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
You may not have enough contiguous RAM available.

And a question from me: Why do none of the models have pathing textures? I like a lot of the doodads but I cant see the point if you can't make a playable map with them.

Level 34
You add them yourself. Besides no one in their right mind would use the UTM to make a playable terrain. It's already 4 mb in size. Export the models and import them in.

The UTM is for making terrain, not playable maps.

Level 2
I know you wouldnt use all of them, but none of them have any pathing. Also, How do you add pathing textures? ( or how do you make them )

Level 2
Really very useful and a great collection of 'stuff.' It's like an art gallery for terrainers. Only thing that I would add would be a file in the Trigger Editor telling what models have .blp's needed for them. That way if people want to take stuff out and use it that way they know what files they need to export.

Level 9
Really very useful and a great collection of 'stuff.' It's like an art gallery for terrainers. Only thing that I would add would be a file in the Trigger Editor telling what models have .blp's needed for them. That way if people want to take stuff out and use it that way they know what files they need to export.

Actually this is a really good idea. I still have to import that demonology pack and I'll consider doing something along these lines, at least with the bigger .blps in the next version.

Level 34
Or you can look for them on the Hive and wc3c. I imagine all the models come from one or the other.

Level 2
Hello

I have a question about the terrain pack. Is it possible to use this pack on a 256x256 map in any way?

because 56x56 is quite small imo.

Level 15
1. Go to Scenario ---> Map Size And Camera Bounds
Check off both Camera Bounds and Map Bounds
Use the arrows to adjust the map to whatever size you want, remember that you can always come back here and change it should you want to shrink/increase the size.

2. Go to Advanced ---> Modify Tileset
From the dropdown menu select whichever Tileset pleases you and press OK.

Read :) (stupid 15 limit ^^)

Level 2
I tried that before and it makes the map only slightly bigger... nowhere near the size of a 256x256. Is that on purpose?

Level 2
Umm it seems any units can pass through any structure in the terrain pack? is there a way to prevent this?

Last edited:
Level 34
You have to go through and set each Pathing Texture on all the doodads. This was map was meant for terraining not map making.

Level 11
Well I didn't look at the trees for awhile, sadly i'm not blessed with a computer that can open a 4mb map in a few seconds compared to my 5 minutes(maybe less) lol

but maybe it's Mc!'sDeath woods
or Trollschnitzel's Baum
hopefully I helped only 2 "dead" trees I found in wc3c or here at our wonderful hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.