• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Return of The Undeads

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Straze and syponis
Campaign: The Return of Undeads
My First Campaign map!

Contains 10 chapters:
-Chapter I (Human)
-Chapter II (Human)
-Chapter III (Human)
-Chapter IV (Human)
-Chapter V (Human)
-Chapter VI (Human)
-Chapter VII (Undead)
-Chapter VII (Human)
-Chapter IX (Human)
-Chapter X (Final) (Human)
I used some meele maps (sry) :c
but.. this is my first campaign so hope you enjoy!
Check out my YT ( In editing)
Contents

The Return of The Undeads (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I compare things to the original game. If it's not even close to that then.... I understand it's a learning process but that doesn't mean you have to upload such sloppy work lacking dedication. First you have to reach a level when you can criticize...
Level 1
this is bad...first few missions seem not finished. in the first one you can get a tavern hero... some stuff is impossible to get to, i get it-you dont want us to get imba in first couple lvls.... but at least...delete it all. in later missions it gets much harder.. you have to control multiple bases.. BUT they are sometimes doing what they want.... i tried to move my hero but he went the other way and for some reason casted pheonix....its so unfinished........dont play it

Level 22
The most basic thing i can say is that you will need a better description and a credit list if you want your campaign to get approved,sorry but these are the rules.I will play it and give my opinion after i finish it.
Edit:
-ok,i don't think all campaign buttons should be visible from the beginning
chapter 1
-while there is no problem using a melee map for the campaign,you can't just get thrown into a mission with no explanation and just say kill orcs,that is called lazy campaign making.Sorry,im not trying to be rude,im just saying!
chapter 2
-oh seriously after you destroy 2 small orc bases the lich king comes personally to kill you?And Kel'thuzad isn't the lich king,arthas is,and he is on our team!
chapter 3
-i don't think i can continue,now we ally with the orcs and Grom Hellscream wants to ally with humans?I see something very wrong here!
I cannot play this any longer,the story has way too many plot twists,very bad ones and is all over the place!Gameplay is like a typical warcraft 3 melee,we have seen it way too many times to be original.You cannot publish the campaign in this state,you need to rework it,completely!I wish you luck!:)
Don't let this review discourage you,im sure you will make something awesome with more time!;)

Last edited:
Level 3
The most basic thing i can say is that you will need a better description and a credit list if you want your campaign to get approved,sorry but these are the rules.I will play it and give my opinion after i finish it.
Edit:
-ok,i don't think all campaign buttons should be visible from the beginning
chapter 1
-while there is no problem using a melee map for the campaign,you can't just get thrown into a mission with no explanation and just say kill orcs,that is called lazy campaign making.Sorry im not trying to be rude,but im just saying!
chapter 2
-oh seriously after you destroy 2 small orc bases the lich king comes personally to kill you?And Kel'thuzad isn't the lich king,arthas is,and he is on our team!
chapter 3
-i don't think i can continue,now we ally with the orcs and Grom Hellscream want to ally with humans?I see something very wrong here!
I cannot play this any longer,the story has way too many plot twists,very bad ones and is all over the place!Gameplay is like a typical warcraft 3 melee,we have seen it way too many times to be original.You cannot publish the campaign in this state,you need to rework it,completely!I wish you luck!:)
well... you know this was just making for fun.. other chapters are way better.

Level 11
So, I played through the whole campaign. Why? Because I hate myself.

Chapter 1: It's just a melee map with 2 bases for each side, and you don't even have the courtesy of ending the map and moving on to the next? Why must you torment me so?
Chapter 2: The Lich King has personally come down to kill Arthas... and he's Kel'Thuzard... and Kelly is a lich. I see, so this is an alternate telling of the original campaign. I know because in this timeline, Lorderoen (and Northrend I guess) is composed of several different kinds of environments and has about as much cohesion and a wall made of coal.
Chapter 3: Aw man, Grom and Arthas working together to find a destoryed base? This timeline is very very interesting.
Chapter 4: The Blood Elves? So, in this timeline, some other asshole destroyed the Sunwell and caused the High Elves to lose a large amount of their power and caused Kael to abandon Quel'Thalas. It's also not Arthas who did that, as he seems content with helping him destroy the Fortune Sword. Also, Jaina is there I guess. Oh, and I guess destroying the Fortune Sword causes Arthas to go evil. Cool.
Chapter 5: I guess in this timeline, Grom ether lacks morals or a brain, because he's sticking to his alliance with Arthas and we now have to kill him. Also, in this timeline, Searinox as joined the Blood Elves and cloned himself 3 times. Also, Arcane Observatory? More like Broke Shop. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chapter 6: I'm going to be honest, I didn't finish this one, mostly because it's a typical "defend base for X minutes" which I honestly don't like. Also, it's kinda hard to see the "smaller bases" as anything more then cannon fodder when they don't mean anything. Also, your "Light Warriors" skill is bugged. What even outs as a usable corpse?
Chapter 7: Balnazarr works with the Blademaster of the Blackrock Clan to kill Uther. See, in this timeline, Arthas needed Uther to die so he sent Balnazarr to kill him with the orcs. Also, Rain of Choas... Yeah, that's fair.
Chapter 8: In this timeline, Sylvanis "becomes the Undead". That's it. Also, apparently, Light Warrior wasn't working, but here... I have no idea. Apparently, it's Doom, but instead of a fearsome Doom Guard, it's a barracks.
Chapter 9: Oh boy, you know a campaign is good when I can avoid fighting anything for the first half and then get slammed by enemies in the second half. That's my favorite! Also, Sharkboy looks like Garithos. Okay.
Chapter Who Cares: Other then NeckaPecka, then Beast Master sounding, Spear-Throwing Soilder, I didn't bother. Why? BECAUSE IT'S A REPEAT OF THE BLACK CITIDAL MISSION! WHY?!
Other Things: I was really tempted to act like this is the Oogieloves of Warcraft III Campaigns. A really awful campaign that brainwashes me into giving it a full 5/5. But no. I'm don't think that's a good idea. Instead, I'm going to tell you right now that you make Kingdom of the Elves, a campaign I made and know how bad it is, look like a Turno campaign.

Now, while this may seem destructive, and it probabily is, I was just shocked at how horribly made this is. I would honstly advise you to look up tutorials on how to utilize the editor better.

Level 8
So, I played through the whole campaign. Why? Because I hate myself.

Chapter 1: It's just a melee map with 2 bases for each side, and you don't even have the courtesy of ending the map and moving on to the next? Why must you torment me so?
Chapter 2: The Lich King has personally come down to kill Arthas... and he's Kel'Thuzard... and Kelly is a lich. I see, so this is an alternate telling of the original campaign. I know because in this timeline, Lorderoen (and Northrend I guess) is composed of several different kinds of environments and has about as much cohesion and a wall made of coal.
Chapter 3: Aw man, Grom and Arthas working together to find a destoryed base? This timeline is very very interesting.
Chapter 4: The Blood Elves? So, in this timeline, some other asshole destroyed the Sunwell and caused the High Elves to lose a large amount of their power and caused Kael to abandon Quel'Thalas. It's also not Arthas who did that, as he seems content with helping him destroy the Fortune Sword. Also, Jaina is there I guess. Oh, and I guess destroying the Fortune Sword causes Arthas to go evil. Cool.
Chapter 5: I guess in this timeline, Grom ether lacks morals or a brain, because he's sticking to his alliance with Arthas and we now have to kill him. Also, in this timeline, Searinox as joined the Blood Elves and cloned himself 3 times. Also, Arcane Observatory? More like Broke Shop. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chapter 6: I'm going to be honest, I didn't finish this one, mostly because it's a typical "defend base for X minutes" which I honestly don't like. Also, it's kinda hard to see the "smaller bases" as anything more then cannon fodder when they don't mean anything. Also, your "Light Warriors" skill is bugged. What even outs as a usable corpse?
Chapter 7: Balnazarr works with the Blademaster of the Blackrock Clan to kill Uther. See, in this timeline, Arthas needed Uther to die so he sent Balnazarr to kill him with the orcs. Also, Rain of Choas... Yeah, that's fair.
Chapter 8: In this timeline, Sylvanis "becomes the Undead". That's it. Also, apparently, Light Warrior wasn't working, but here... I have no idea. Apparently, it's Doom, but instead of a fearsome Doom Guard, it's a barracks.
Chapter 9: Oh boy, you know a campaign is good when I can avoid fighting anything for the first half and then get slammed by enemies in the second half. That's my favorite! Also, Sharkboy looks like Garithos. Okay.
Chapter Who Cares: Other then NeckaPecka, then Beast Master sounding, Spear-Throwing Soilder, I didn't bother. Why? BECAUSE IT'S A REPEAT OF THE BLACK CITIDAL MISSION! WHY?!
Other Things: I was really tempted to act like this is the Oogieloves of Warcraft III Campaigns. A really awful campaign that brainwashes me into giving it a full 5/5. But no. I'm don't think that's a good idea. Instead, I'm going to tell you right now that you make Kingdom of the Elves, a campaign I made and know how bad it is, look like a Turno campaign.

Now, while this may seem destructive, and it probabily is, I was just shocked at how horribly made this is. I would honstly advise you to look up tutorials on how to utilize the editor better.

I like the part when you said searinox clone himself three times, i died @ that part. Seriously? a blac dragon clone himself three times?

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Kinda rude at how some people talk here, instead of giving him "proper" feedback, you might actually encourage him to work on it more. Providing him some ideas, stuffs, suggestions etc. I'll play it later and give you a proper and fair feedback.

Level 22
You know i has really rude,sorry for that,i will play it again and give you real suggestions and feedback later by editing this message.No matter how unfinished this campaign may be it may become good with time.
General
-Make cutscenes skippable
-Make the workers automatically be in their goldmines and cutting lumber when the missions start,so we don't have to waste time manually ordering them
-Add a game cache
Chapter 1
-You will need to add a prologue or a cutscene to tell why we fight the horde,just trowing us randomly in a battle doesn't work
-I suggest you replace the both taverns with mercenary camps
-An interesting concept would be to give both the player and the AI 1 big base,not two 2 small bases and edit the map so it has a expansion with a vital tactical position where the side that controls it gains a big advantage.This however may require a new map,but try it,im sure with a little experimention you may do a good map yourself and not use a blizzard one.
Chapter 2
-It's a human expedition yet they have a few high elven structures?Replace them with regular human structures and make them have a small base in the beginning.A town hall,barracks,altar of kigns and a few other structures,because making them build it is a bit strange.
-To tie in the story you can add a cutscene in the beginning where the scourge attacks you after you fought and defeated the orcs and seriously just say that they are led personally by Kel'thuzad,not the lich king
Chapter 3
-Grom Hellscream to ally with humans?For obvious story reasons this is a big problem,replace him with Thrall maybe?
-Make the orcs a ally,micromanaging 2 races with different food and resouce bars will be kind of hard

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

It takes some time for someone to open his/her eyes...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. All chapters are available from the start.
2. Levels have the normal melee loading screen (at least the first one was like that). Maps even are melee ones...
3. There's no explanation to what's going on. You just have the Q-log which tells you the obvious.
4. Even Taverns are present! However, they don't have all the heroes due to not saving the map with the latest melee patch.
5. Continuing after victory leaves the player in the map.
6. Jocke has no hero glow. You could add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
7. Workers are always waiting to be put to work at the beginning of the game.
8. There's no information in the Quest Log in the second level, not that it isn't obvious what you have to do...
9. You can hit/destroy Disease Clouds...
10. There are some issues with the icon & text for the Call Light Warrior ability.
11. Why are elves enemy?
12. Main Quest Completed spammed when Arthas reached the base set ablaze.
13. "Oh no, Blood Elves!" but after a few sentences they were actually friends.
14. Arthas starts with less than 100 mana.
15. Items and spell order are not carried from a level to the following. There is no game cache used.
16. Storm Hammers can be researched but there are no Gryphons to train.
17. Units are still fighting during cinematic mode.
18. Grom became an enemy along with the Human base!?
19. 90k+ gold in mines?
20. Jocke is level 2 but he was 3 when Arthas met him and even reached higher in that level.
21. The level after the Black Citadel has no text on the loading screen.
22. Reign of Chaos... nothing wrong there...
23. Sleep and Earthquake have the same hotkey: E
24. There is discrepancy between the places mentioned in the loading screen text and the images themselves.
25. Two Sylvanas? What is this, dualism?
26. In the south, neutral hostile troops attack undead buildings.
27. Sharkboy the Mage the Sharkboy :D Jocke the Defender the Jocke. Dimitros the Mighty the Dimitros :rolleyes:
28. It's always funny when undead keep prisoners.
29. You can send a flying unit (eg: Dragonhawk) to the Mountain King and win.

I compare things to the original game. If it's not even close to that then....
I understand it's a learning process but that doesn't mean you have to upload such sloppy work lacking dedication. First you have to reach a level when you can criticize your own stuff and realize if it's worth anything.

Set to SubstandArt.

=====================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!