• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Remaster Disaster - Behind the Scenes of WarCraft III Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I am not sure what happened to other shitty remakes as comparison. Did the community take over? I remember from Gothic III that the community had to create patches and I think they even got access to the source code since it was so bugged and the publisher did not want to pay the developers anymore.
That's a hard question to answer, because usually this kind of thing doesn't happen at all. Even with some of the worst remasters the company usually has the integrity and foresight to keep the original version readily available. the FPS game XIII just had an absolutely horrible remake, but the original game could just as easily be bought and played legally.

Keeping the original version up is something even the scummiest devs know to do, especially when the new version doubles the system requirements and bloats the filesize x10.

What about Brian Sousa and art DESIGNS that not only has much to do with Warcraft 3 original designs, but even further doesnt blend into whole warcraft universe?
It is not only Robert to blame

What about this post on facebook, look what they claim

And ofc look whos on the picture with that girl who replaced Samwise cube art, in th middle of the picture

42992919_1742333879210032_1562116374770221056_n.jpg

Level 34
What about Brian Sousa and art DESIGNS that not only has much to do with Warcraft 3 original designs, but even further doesnt blend into whole warcraft universe?
It is not only Robert to blame

What about this post on facebook, look what they claim

And ofc look whos on the picture with that girl who replaced Samwise cube art, in th middle of the picture

View attachment 384234

Level 27
Was at loss of words when they announced the game at blizzcon, instant pre-order.
And when it finally arrived I was met with 30 unexplained GB extra, a strange main menu with a dirty mouthed chat, no single player option and a big sign that said "We are sad in our eye-face because we lost Dota so we have now decided that whatever you create for this game is automatically ours. Peace"

One thing I always loved about Warcraft 3 was the graphical design with it's bright colors on units and dull textures on doodad and decoration with blocky edges making it easy to recognise every single unit despite chaos.
Reforged failed horribly with that "core feature".

Sure, they've worked on the graphics but sometimes less is more, especially when your Headhunters just disappear underneath 4 turtles and your enemys 3 Frost wyrms take up 60% of your view.

That is just my opinion about it though.

Last edited:
Level 35
It is good to get things more clearly out in the light, although most of it comes as no surprise.

I think the point "lack of clarity on whether the game is a remaster or a remake" is the one that rings most true for me. They made enough changes that it should have been a totally separate stand-alone product, but they also wanted to just freshen up the existing client and so bring forward the existing player base... So much of this would have gone better if they'd had the confidence to make a clean cut and release it as a separate product (they'd have been able to stop worrying about backwards compatibility, we'd have been able to stick to the old version if we wanted).

Ah well, hindsight is 2020 innit.
I wholeheartedly agree - though I bet quite a few could have told it was a bad idea. But money talks.. and fast short-term money talks even more sadly.

If only they just remaster the game for the start. And then Reforged it with extra content trough out the years.

This so called ,,Reforged,, they published is some weird ,,reinvention,, deleting original art designs , plus missing content that always been there..

Now please tell me i had bad English above, trying to sabotage the essence of my statement.

We need a remaster with original art designs just in HD, with more RTS proportions, and if possible cartoonier substance-zbrush approach (like magnataurs,centaurs,harpies) and stuff like that...
And most importantly remaster warcraft 3 animations again

Last edited:
Level 7
It is one of more reasonable option with RF being relegated to side/separate client, atleast in a way WoW Classic and Retail are, would please everyone without removing RF for people who use and play content on it, while classic side of players doesnt suffer from it's flaws. 1.31.1 was perfectly sufficient for release on the launcher with its internal structure supporting multiple languages at once, just minor amout of work to reach similar integration SC1/SC:R has is required.

Combine it with proper price for classic/"Reforged-less version" say 10 or 15$ just like SC:R and we may look into proper future for wc3 one where people are willing to give it a shot more and can afford it if they are less fortunate financially as it historicly been common for lower spec players, which doesnt inherently mean anything bad, other than Blizzard cutting that part of the community off hindering us in general.

That's the best solution, a client split, leave Reforged as it is, then restore what we had the day before Reforged was released as a separate product, including the original Battle.net as well.

I don't want to be involved with Reforged in any way whatsoever.

If only they just remaster the game for the start. And then Reforged it with extra content trough out the years.

This so called ,,Reforged,, they published is some weird ,,reinvention,, deleting original art designs , plus missing content that always been there..

Now please tell me i had bad English above, trying to sabotage the essence of my statement.

We need a remaster with original art designs just in HD, with more RTS proportions, and if possible cartoonier substance-zbrush approach (like magnataurs,centaurs,harpies) and stuff like that...
And most importantly remaster warcraft 3 animations again

Forget it, Reforged will never be completed any time soon, the game is on maintenance mode, don't be surprised if they shut it down completely some day.

Good video about the topic, great for those who don't feel like reading through the whole thing.

Last edited:
Level 18
It is good to get things more clearly out in the light, although most of it comes as no surprise.

I wholeheartedly agree - though I bet quite a few could have told it was a bad idea. But money talks.. and fast short-term money talks even more sadly.
Ironically, they didn't even make money in the short term either. I think they thought they could get away with not offering refunds.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
The problem with all the calls to "restore the original client/game" are that, as far as I'm aware, the "original game" doesn't exactly exist; not with everything it had.

You guys remember the years leading up to Reforged's release, where they were actually Patching the game again? A lot of those Patches weren't just new natives & new neutral Tavern heroes and whatnot; they were making a zillion changes to the back-end, the deep-code upon which the game itself functions. They were preparing it to move from "classic" Warcraft 3 & Battle.net & World Editor & all that to "Reforged" Warcraft 3/Battle.net/World Editor/etc.

I believe this is how it happened but I don't personally know where it started, so who's to say what patch we could even roll-back to without upsetting someone (because we got some good stuff between 1.27-1.30, IIRC). I mean heck we could go back to the "original last" Patch, <3 v1.26 <3... But again, what do we lose?

I wish it weren't the case but unless I'm way off here, I just don't see how "Original Warcraft 3" can ever be resurrected, even with the most well-intentioned effort by Blizzard.

The problem with all the calls to "restore the original client/game" are that, as far as I'm aware, the "original game" doesn't exactly exist; not with everything it had.

You guys remember the years leading up to Reforged's release, where they were actually Patching the game again? A lot of those Patches weren't just new natives & new neutral Tavern heroes and whatnot; they were making a zillion changes to the back-end, the deep-code upon which the game itself functions. They were preparing it to move from "classic" Warcraft 3 & Battle.net & World Editor & all that to "Reforged" Warcraft 3/Battle.net/World Editor/etc.

I believe this is how it happened but I don't personally know where it started, so who's to say what patch we could even roll-back to without upsetting someone (because we got some good stuff between 1.27-1.30, IIRC). I mean heck we could go back to the "original last" Patch, <3 v1.26 <3... But again, what do we lose?

I wish it weren't the case but unless I'm way off here, I just don't see how "Original Warcraft 3" can ever be resurrected, even with the most well-intentioned effort by Blizzard.
Yeah, it's like it was shaping up to be this amazing thing and then it stalled. I think one of the last blog posts they had was "Revisiting the world editor", was so excited when I saw that... I guess what's irritating to me is that VV "owns" it now and we aren't hearing anything. They need to string us along a little bit.

Level 18

People can already download 1.31. Just take that version and backwards-engineer it.

Level 28
People can already download 1.31. Just take that version and backwards-engineer it.
Actually, older versions like 1.26 or 1.29/1.30 are still recommended.
1.31 still has tons of bugs, including the infinite black screen loop that occurred for me after the score screen.
And yes, I don't like Reforged because many hacking tools like Cheat Packs from WC3Edit.net doesn't work.

Level 13
Long story short, we're glad that there's Quenching Mod that brought back Custom Campaigns. The state in Blizzard is tough right now, another PR disaster these days, employees going on strikes, WoW development halted after 9.1 actually turned into a disaster and the PR scandal. All that said, I doubt there's gonna be another patch for W3R from Blizzard.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Actually, older versions like 1.26 or 1.29/1.30 are still recommended.
1.31 still has tons of bugs, including the infinite black screen loop that occurred for me after the score screen.
And yes, I don't like Reforged because many hacking tools like Cheat Packs from WC3Edit.net doesn't work.
We don't need cheats. Bugs could be fixed. I think that would be easier than adding the new natives and enhancements 1.31 had to 1.26/1.27.

Level 7

I'm not picky, just give us the last version before Reforged launched.

I still use 1.27b, by the way.

Level 28
We don't need cheats. Bugs could be fixed. I think that would be easier than adding the new natives and enhancements 1.31 had to 1.26/1.27.
I don't talk about the hacking tools, but I must admit if some bugs would be fixed with the new natives and enhancements.
For example: Reforged with Quenching Mod that allows you to play custom campaign.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
So much of this would have gone better if they'd had the confidence to make a clean cut and release it as a separate product
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote, and this was my suggestion from the beginning (some people may remember me arguing about it with Willy in Discord). Somehow, the Classics Team always seemed a bit precarious, and this article proves that. The way things were being done just didn't sound like a good idea from a development point of view, given the need to support multiple operating systems and outdated graphics. Ideally, it would support everything. But with few resources, the best direction would've been: it's a separate client and it's coming for the latest version of Windows 10, period.

Also, am I missing something?
1627654976156.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Also, am I missing something?

Jason Schreier's article was originally posted to bloomberg.com, and was subsequently reposted to bnnbloomberg.ca, which is a Canadian news website owned by Bloomberg. The version of the article found on bnnbloomberg.ca seems to have deleted multiple sections of text that included embedded links for some reason, resulting in the missing sentence fragments that you highlighted.

Level 14

I never said roll back to 1.26 or 27. I only meant a rollback to 1.31.1 and maybe some patching on top to restore RoC bnet(for sake of roc melee scene) and include those balance changes from later RF patches nothing else. It's obvious those were all lead up to RF but its still on actual classic Wc3 Client. And have it purchaseable at its og price of 15$ from before 2018 or idealy lower at 10. With RF being a bonus working as separate client.

I dont understand why you keep bringing those deprecated versions up tbh... Is it from Retera memeing on how "1.21c was last good patch"?

For any practical purposes people who need thise can just use old back up. 1.31.1 is for all intends and purposes best version to have as it had everything in working order including hosting and extra features like custom UI support and the natives.

One thing I always loved about Warcraft 3 was the graphical design with it's bright colors on units and dull textures on doodad and decoration with blocky edges making it easy to recognise every single unit despite chaos.
Reforged failed horribly with that "core feature".

Sure, they've worked on the graphics but sometimes less is more, especially when your Headhunters just disappear underneath 4 turtles and your enemys 3 Frost wyrms take up 60% of your view.

That is just my opinion about it though.
Exactly....sadly Lead Artist Brian Sousa was a bit of a tool, he didnt understand anything about Samwise's og artstyle nor he cared for it, i watched his GDC presentation to see if he atleast was more proper and less insulting towards Starcraft 1 but no....man always was like this difference being he was forced to do things 'right' in it's case, mostly thanks to strrn reaction from sc1 fans in focus groups.

He was the worst possible person for the job.
He should never have had a been in lead artist position as compared to other people especially Cody Turner who was lead artist for Crash Bandicoot remakes goving a presentation on the same exact GDC panel was complete 180 from him.

Utmost respect for the source material, estorative/preservative mindset and focus on stopping artists from overdoing things or trying to make it excessively their's to quote directly "not letting artosts get selfish"
Sousa was exact opposite of that.

He mocked Warcraft 3 and original artists numberous times on both Blizzcon panels he was at for it, and he did the same woth Sc1 on GDC...

I know i am bit focused on him, but in this case art and it's direction is entirely his fault.

Last edited:
Level 11
By the looks of it
Activision wasn't intervening on Blizzard over the last 11 years.

They saw blizzard shot themselves in the foot and stab themselves in their guts so many times, that when morhaine finally left paired with the internal incompetence at the company that was brewing due to the incompetent assholes they hired in this period, the literal federal college behavior, the jealosy and hate over the old guard, followed by the wow team being assholes, the new hirings trying to enforce union with some of them being friends with obsidian who is pretty much a few blocks away from the blizzard campus, plus the pretty much confirmed rumors that blizzard were lying to them and their investors about the "profits" which also was tied to the leaked weakauras log that wow had les than 1.1 million accounts left with multiboxers, bots and even china included, which the later left for Genshin and even BDO.

Activision finally decided to act now.

All of these years, people blamed them, when in the end, the store, the derail of wow in cata, the "yearly expansions" idea that led to WoD's ultmost death, the catastrophe of SC2 and D3, the losing of DOTA to valve because they literally to Icefrog to fuck off, the Failure and mismanagement of HOTS into a garbage e-sport to copy dota 2 out of spite and fail, Overwatch that they killed it with a garbage E-Sport title to fight Quake Champions and CSGO which failed hard, plus LoL killing Sc2 and war 3 by taking over its place as a MOBA and putting and end to RTS UNTIL Microsoft brought it back with AoE Remasters, and now the Fuckery that is getting exposed as everyone speaks.

All were Blizzard itself, All came from the craziness of WoW's development itself, which not only led to Blizzard north's death, the rift inbetween Blizzard and Bill Ropper who was the voice and soul of Warcraft Orcs, and head of Condor Blizzard North, also Brevik leaving with a bad hand.

If there is the Equivalent of the Talladega Curse of Gaming development, its World of Warcraft itself.

I'm not picky, just give us the last version before Reforged launched.

I still use 1.27b, by the way.

There is also the fact that for some stupid reason all of the campaign was broken at 1.30, and they ignored fixing it until Refunded's release.
All of the Nelf campaign for RoC was broken.

If anything, just bring 1.27 or 1.28 back with all fixes and everyone is happy with that.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I never said roll back to 1.26 or 27.
I never said you did. I was responding to people who say "bring back old Warcraft 3"/"restore the original client" by pointing out the issue: "which client? which version of 'original' Wc3"?

I only meant a rollback to 1.31.1 and maybe some patching on top to restore RoC bnet(for sake of roc melee scene) and include those balance changes from later RF patches nothing else. It's obvious those were all lead up to RF but its still on actual classic Wc3 Client. And have it purchaseable at its og price of 15$ from before 2018 or idealy lower at 10. With RF being a bonus working as separate client.

I dont understand why you keep bringing those deprecated versions up tbh... Is it from Retera memeing on how "1.21c was last good patch"?

For any practical purposes people who need thise can just use old back up. 1.31.1 is for all intends and purposes best version to have as it had everything in working order including hosting and extra features like custom UI support and the natives.
I don't know much about versions 1.27-1.31.1. The reason I keep bringing up v1.26 is at least threefold:
- It's the version I'm currently using
- It's arguably the last "OG" version of Wc3, the version the community had for the longest time (since ~2007? to ~2017?)
- It's the oldest "legacy" version for which a majority of the things that were made (custom assets, custom maps & campaigns, triggers/code/systems, etc etc etc)

By the looks of it
Activision wasn't intervening on Blizzard over the last 11 years.

They saw blizzard shot themselves in the foot and stab themselves in their guts so many times, that when morhaine finally left paired with the internal incompetence at the company that was brewing due to the incompetent assholes they hired in this period, the literal federal college behavior, the jealosy and hate over the old guard, followed by the wow team being assholes, the new hirings trying to enforce union with some of them being friends with obsidian who is pretty much a few blocks away from the blizzard campus, plus the pretty much confirmed rumors that blizzard were lying to them and their investors about the "profits" which also was tied to the leaked weakauras log that wow had les than 1.1 million accounts left with multiboxers, bots and even china included, which the later left for Genshin and even BDO.

Activision finally decided to act now.

All of these years, people blamed them, when in the end, the store, the derail of wow in cata, the "yearly expansions" idea that led to WoD's ultmost death, the catastrophe of SC2 and D3, the losing of DOTA to valve because they literally to Icefrog to fuck off, the Failure and mismanagement of HOTS into a garbage e-sport to copy dota 2 out of spite and fail, Overwatch that they killed it with a garbage E-Sport title to fight Quake Champions and CSGO which failed hard, plus LoL killing Sc2 and war 3 by taking over its place as a MOBA and putting and end to RTS UNTIL Microsoft brought it back with AoE Remasters, and now the Fuckery that is getting exposed as everyone speaks.

All were Blizzard itself, All came from the craziness of WoW's development itself, which not only led to Blizzard north's death, the rift inbetween Blizzard and Bill Ropper who was the voice and soul of Warcraft Orcs, and head of Condor Blizzard North, also Brevik leaving with a bad hand.

If there is the Equivalent of the Talladega Curse of Gaming development, its World of Warcraft itself.
I don't know what the "Talledega Curse" is, but I do think it's important not to fall into the trap of blaming Activision too much. Not because I think Activision isn't ultimately to blame or is really bad, but because I fear we lionize Blizzard too much, when the reality is they were (as you point out) making a lot of these decisions themselves.

We'll probably never truly know just how much Activision got involved with Blizzard, but just like with the Hasbro purchase of WotC (and people's opinions of what that did to MtG, even though it happened over a decade ago), I think it's too simple a view of the situation to say "BIG COMPANY BAD".

If anything, just bring 1.27 or 1.28 back with all fixes and everyone is happy with that.
Well not everyone... ; )

It's arguably the last "OG" version of Wc3, the version the community had for the longest time (since ~2007? to ~2017?)
Would you win that argument with Patch 1.26, a patch that was released in 2011 as a part of the 1.24+ group of patches that are unfaithful to the original, hacked in between 2009-2011 by the lowest guys on the corporate totem pole in a manner unfaithful to the original?

As an example, sit and look through "UI/TriggerData.txt" and "UI/TriggerStrings.txt" from Patch 1.26. There is a sense of order. All the various definitions are placed according to their type with carefully hand-crafted comments within the code describing what everything is and does.

Except for the Patch 1.24 natives list which is thrown into the middle of one of the hand-crafted beautifully commented sections in a careless fashion without its own commenting or proper notes. These natives also include ways to save completely ridiculous handle types into the tables that would have no meaning to save, but were simply added in a (probably computer generated) way in a hurry. They were probably just doing whatever Vexorian told them to add at the time before they went back to doing what they saw as their actual job, which was not Wc3 support primarily.

These natives also abbreviate String as Str which is alien to the conventions of the rest of the game natives.

Patch 1.26 was live only at most for 5 years for the people who religiously updated, and I did not because they broke such a huge number of maps with the changes, as well as broke the systems that I had been using. There was no fix available to me for years.

That patch is promoted online not because it was live for 10 years (it was not!!) but because it is the one for which the most time was spent reverse engineering it. Because it can have viruses in it so easily. You know why the 1.24+ patches broke all the greatest maps at the time? Because the need to prevent viruses forced Blizzard's hand. But they didn't totally solve the security holes actually until later on with the prepatches for Reforged.

It's silly to me to promote a patch made in a hurry as an effort to fix a problem that was not successfully fixed as though it were the holy grail of the game. It's not. I declared war smash on Patch 1.26 in 2016.

Warcraft III is an idea. Ghostwolf's viewer allows us to experience that idea using free and open source software. Ghostwolf is the savior of the universe.

Last edited:
Level 11
Im still pissed off that they somehow managed to remove the Orc Firebat and replace it with the same Space Marine unit thats still in the game.
Not only that, Catapults and Ballista were removed in favor of Glaive Throwers and Demolishers for "streamlining with the WoW lore" when Orcs and Goblins Developed that AFTER RoC per the orc Campaign and Glaive Throwers were Warden Weapons.

I still wish to see a perfect HR rendition of the Intro Catapult as it is and even with the peons pushing them.

Level 18
Not only that, Catapults and Ballista were removed in favor of Glaive Throwers and Demolishers for "streamlining with the WoW lore" when Orcs and Goblins Developed that AFTER RoC per the orc Campaign and Glaive Throwers were Warden Weapons.

I still wish to see a perfect HR rendition of the Intro Catapult as it is and even with the peons pushing them.

they tried to push the narrative that wow is canon down our throat

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32

Pretty sure the reason for the TFT unit changes was to avoid any potential IP conflict with Warhammer which if you're in any doubt you can look up "Warhammer Steam Tank/Gyocopter/Ballista" etc to see why.

As for the article itself, honestly it's the kind of thing I was hoping for since the release of Reforged in it's state. A comprehensive explanation of why Reforged ended up the way it did which is what this article gives us. It's Cathartic in a sense to finally know what went on and who is to blame for what so that a lot of the vitriol and misdirected anger can be finally put to rest from some people.

Although what the community needs is not a finger towards the witch to mob. It wants a solution to improve the game, not channel the suffering to oblivion while nothing amounts to nothing.
I agree which is what I'm trying to say, this article should hopefully stop the kinds of people who were attacking (and even sending death threats) to devs who were simply working on a project that was doomed for reasons outside of their control as this article proves :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Although what the community needs is not a finger towards the witch to mob. It wants a solution to improve the game, not channel the suffering to oblivion while nothing amounts to nothing.
Let's not assume too much about what "the community" at large needs. The communities needs are as varied as it's individuals. Maybe some people do need a pointing finger, while others simply need answers, catharsis.

Level 34
It makes me happy that I can finally talk about this without concern.
Why could not talk before? Were you afraid that Blizzard would send ninjas to assassinate you? :cgrin:
Blizzard is dead, the current company has nothing in common with the company we all knew in the early 2000s.
You summed it pretty well.
Ironically, they didn't even make money in the short term either. I think they thought they could get away with not offering refunds.
Yeah that is the most important note in whole conversation above everything else ,,they could get away with not offering refunds" !!! As corporations are used to do whatever they wish these days and get away with it. But! Communities happened! Rapid fire, mass revolt, revolutions, downgrading everywhere, youtube videos and reviews.... Then inspections in some countries visited Blizzard's offices (not giving refunds is crime in some countries) and they finally gave up!
Long story short, we're glad that there's Quenching Mod that brought back Custom Campaigns. The state in Blizzard is tough right now, another PR disaster these days, employees going on strikes, WoW development halted after 9.1 actually turned into a disaster and the PR scandal. All that said, I doubt there's gonna be another patch for W3R from Blizzard.
Oh, I did not know about it, perhaps did not bother to find news... So they again had some craps there in the company?

They saw blizzard shot themselves in the foot and stab themselves in their guts so many times, that when morhaine finally left paired with the internal incompetence at the company that was brewing due to the incompetent assholes they hired in this period, the literal federal college behavior, the jealosy and hate over the old guard, followed by the wow team being assholes

because they literally to Icefrog to fuck off, the Failure and mismanagement of HOTS into a garbage e-sport to copy dota 2 out of spite and fail, Overwatch that they killed it with a garbage E-Sport title to fight Quake Champions and CSGO which failed hard, plus LoL killing Sc2 and war 3 by taking over its place as a MOBA and putting and end to RTS UNTIL Microsoft brought it back with AoE Remasters, and now the Fuckery that is getting exposed as everyone speaks.
Ahahahaah! ,,INCOMPETENT ASSHOLES! FEDERAL COLLEGE BEHAVIOR! AND FUCKERY!" :cgrin: haha nice words you used!
but I do think it's important not to fall into the trap of blaming Activision too much. Not because I think Activision isn't ultimately to blame or is really bad, but because I fear we lionize Blizzard too much, when the reality is they were (as you point out) making a lot of these decisions themselves.
I agree with that. Both companies are to blame.
I think it's too simple a view of the situation to say "BIG COMPANY BAD".
But it is really like that. Corporations are like that these days. facebook, Google, Amazon and some others got punished worldwide many times over even for heavy crimes such as espionage, selling people's data and whatnot, you had protests worldwide in many companies, and what changed? Nothing. They still continue to do this because there is no properly punishment for them. When you open a small private company, after being few times punished, they close your company. But no for them! They can do unlimited times and they will pay charges unlimited times (I steal 100$, they punish me with 50$ and i still LEGALLY have 50$ in pocket) because they can. Germany has punished VW for lying over diesel emissions cheating, for one billion! And how many billions VW have? And even better question, how many billions they earned by this crime! That's right, in worst case scenario they just pay about half of what they steal. Nobody ever got arrested or put in jail for that or similar crimes! There are many cases around the world. Same with Blizzard and Activison. Why would anyone think that they are different? Especially after last year's fiasco with reforged.
Let's not assume too much about what "the community" at large needs. The communities needs are as varied as it's individuals. Maybe some people do need a pointing finger, while others simply need answers, catharsis.
Well, this is questionable. While you are completely right that various people have various needs, and it is a fact that each individual has its own taste, style of working/learning/playing game, and we are all here for our own needs, and we buy stuff for our own need. But it is also the fact that each product is designed for average needs for its target audience/customer. They collect data which include people's review, needs of what and sum it up to pull out ,,the middle line" or what majority of those people wants. Then they adapt products to them, not to individuals. That is why they can legitimately say ,,we did this because our customers want it" regardless the fact that many are individuals who need something else or do not like exact changes.
This is how democracy work. While everybody has the right to opinion, individualism, and personality, the still majority chose the president or parliament in most countries. The same goes here, decisions for this site is being made mostly to fit the vast majority of people. And site rules. We came here differently, but we all apply to same rules, regardless of what we think or not. About this exact case, let me sum it like this: For example, you do not like Reforged because of lack of 9 hours videos they promised. Ralle does not like it because there were no refunds, deepstarasz does not like it because lack of updates/communications, and I do not like it because they lied to us all time. You, Ralle, deepstarasz and me, 4 of us, one group. All four various reasons but only one common expression: we do not like Reforged! Therefore it is completely logical and regular to say that our group does not like Reforged, regardless of what the reasons are. This is common to us, and everyone will notice and adapt their communications and opinions towards that fact. Now, if you want detailed things, you will look deeper into why we do not like it, and reveal that we actually do have various reasons, but still in common that we did not like the product.
Same goes to the community as a whole, in general. While everyone has their own reasons, sometimes you can determine global basic opinion as thesis which you can use further: Community needs this, community needs that... community likes this, the community does not like that.... After all, vast majority of people are dissatisfied with Reforged as a product and how Blizzard handled it.

Level 11
Like for all their games or just one in particular?
General by the looks of it, mostly because of WoW datamining, and D2R bad reception.
people are discovering now, it was changed back in june.

So, you can port or modify all blizzard game assets into other games or SFM, but you cant datamine them?

:goblin_wtf:
Also Activision Blizzard Now Under SEC Investigation According To A Wall Street Journal Report

Everything happens with a reason, all those scandals will lead blizzard get sold to China.

Well i wish that, they would know how to monetize Reforged, and monetize i guess means better game at least in other companys like Valve lets say

Just worried about asian alike art designs would happen

Level 11
Everything happens with a reason, all those scandals will lead blizzard get sold to China.

Well i wish that, they would know how to monetize Reforged, and monetize i guess means better game at least in other companys like Valve lets say

Just worried about asian alike art designs would happen
XAINA is gone, Evergrande shenanigans is melting everything there fast, the hit will be felt Friday.

MS and Bethesda will buy the Hexen, Heretic and Warcraft Ip's
Square Enix gets Diablo as Yoshi-P wants it.
Starcraft and OW will probably end with someone

And to make things even more stupid: one of D2R devs came out saying that they made Amazon look like a man in drag because "We dont want our woman looking like someone who came out of the club"

OH THE IRONY

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Status
Not open for further replies.