• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft Remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
For anyone interested in some SC1 Fun Facts
There are a 4 secret missions in the SC1 campaign. 3 of them involve Stukov coming back to life, one of which is only obtainable through the N64 version of StarCraft. The other secret mission can only be obtained by finishing the 9th zerg mission within a certain time frame.
Source: StarCraft Secret Missions
Would be cool if they added the N64 mission officially with voice overs in SC:R.

Also there are 2 unused StarCraft 1 missions that have voice overs, here they are if you are curious

Last edited:
You get bug fixes and improvements, including the ability to rebind keys; observer mode; modern anti-cheat measures; compatibility improvements for Windows 7, 8.1, and 10; and more.

Couldn't they just included all the remastered stuff into a patch? Why make and ship a new "Edition" for something that was supposed to be part of the game from the start.

Level 7
Part of the game from start? I don't think they ever dreamed about 4k resolution in 1998, or it wouldn't need remaster and redoing sprites from the start. Anyway its called business, there is absolutely no motivation to do this 4k resolution thing for a company if they release it for free then. Also i doubt the original 1998 version could handle the whole thing, that would be a massive patch. Don't misunderstand me, I would be happy with the free patch too, but I understand they took many work in this remaster and won't just giveaway it for free, it would be wasted time for them. And telling just because you have a ~20 year old game (that you can buy for a maximum of 3 euro now) you are entitled for this remaster is kinda off.

"free-patch won't include matchmaking" I'm sure it will , or you couldn't play together with the remastered version.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'm sure it will , or you couldn't play together with the remastered version.
Free-patch comes this week I've read. Matchmaking is said to come when SC:R is released.

Edit: It's localized in Japanese! :eek: (SC:R)
Localized in 13 Languages: English, German, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish (LatAm), Spanish (European), Polish, Italian, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
I got some pretty worrying news for our little map maker community.
Because I expect any features that hits StarCraft 1's battles net will likely be carried over to WarCraft III, i've been looking at the upcomming patch BETA information and I saw this
puiEzEPl.jpg

According to this image, Blizzard seems like they are planning on adding a "popular games" tab, which would be a terrible thing for the Map Maker community if it hit WarCraft. This would separate the already few BNet players into smaller factions, but more importantly choke out up and coming maps, just like it did in StarCraft and DOTA 2. Hope you like DOTA, Legion TD and Footmen Frenzy because that's all you'll get! "But can't you just ignore that tab". You can, but many won't.

Perhaps i'm going overly dramatic, but I just kind of feel that if there is no push back from this feature early on, there will be no stopping it.

Level 13
Couldn't they just included all the remastered stuff into a patch? Why make and ship a new "Edition" for something that was supposed to be part of the game from the start.
I dont think most of these remastered things were intended into the game back in 1998. About the shipping, I suppose its fair enough to say that if copies get sold nowadays that they are compatible with modern hard and software.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You may not have looked hard enough... :wink:

Some old news from two days ago:
StarCraft 1.18 Public Test Realm - Now Available

Quoting Peter Stilwell:
"[...] We're looking for your help with final testing before this warpig goes live. Please use this thread to report any issues.

We've made a build available for PTR (just unzip and run starcraft.exe):
https://d8un0y0mnd29o.cloudfront.net/public/Starcraft+1.18+PTR+1202.zip

You will need to create a PTR account to play online. [...]"

Please read the thread for additional info.

** update **

Expanding Public test Realm

From Mark Chandler:
"[...] In order to alleviate issues with latency and to improve the quality of our PTR testing in general, we've just pushed regional PTR servers to both Europe and Asia. Anyone can play in these regions, but you will experience significantly better latency and quality of games by playing in the region closest to you.

Fish is also enabled as a gateway to ensure compatibility and quality. [...]"

Likewise, please read the thread for additional info.

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
StarCraft has been updated to version 1.18.2 twelve hours ago or so.

** update **

nice surprise. hope for Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

@logan2017: As of this writing, freely downloadable Classic Blizzard games are:
- Blackthorne
- The Lost Vikings
- Rock N' Roll Racing
- StarCraft Anthology
- StarCraft Anthology (PTR)

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, Warcraft II and Diablo are mentioned here as being Classic games, but not StarCraft for whatever reason.

** update 2 **

nice surprise. hope for Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

@logan2017: If you are looking for some kind of remaster for the early Warcraft games, then you may wish to give War1gus and Wargus a try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.