1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Jazzy Spell Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Jazztastic, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Welcome to the
    Jazzy Spell Workshop

This is a spell workshop where you may request spells to be made by Jazztastic. Spells will be:
    -MUI
    -Leakless
    -Optimized
    -GUI

The spells you request will be made with hashtables in GUI. You may request up to 4 spells at one time. I will retain authorship of the spells, and you will retain creative rights. I will also have the right to upload to the spells section if I deem it appropriate. I also have the right to reject any idea that I do not like. By posting a request you agree to these conditions.

In order for a spell to be viable for creation, you must follow these submission guidelines for your idea:
    -A clear and consise description of what you want. Include as many numbers as you can, including range, damage, etc. Be very specific so you can get what you want.
    -If the spell is from another game, warcraft 3 or other, it would be helpful to link a youtube video of the spell happening.
    -You must be respectful to the other people in this thread. If you break any site rules, I may refuse to create your spell.

Please note that I have the final word on whether or not I choose to make a spell. Passives in particular are a headache so there is a very low chance of me accepting passive skills.

You may also request for modifications to be made to other spells that are GUI. Anything not in the vanilla editor will not be considered. Any modifications that are incredibly simple to make will be ignored.

The only thing I request in return is proper credits. I'm doing this in order to contribute a little bit back to the community, and hopefully generate a few worthwhile spells for my map.

Spell Requester Status Link
    -Derp- Pending Post
    Jas.per Working Post

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. KhaosMachine

KhaosMachine

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  3. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey, I'll request two.

The blue-icy wave attack shown at 0:50 of this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b06mnJACokI&feature=related

Inflicts damage on enemies in the line of damage, ground target spell.

No need for a slow effect or any additions. Pure AoE damage.
    Enemies can be hit more than once by this attack (I assume that's easier to make, if not go with the other option.)
    Comes from the right of the caster. The waves travels in a line 90 degrees from the angle between the caster's location and the targeted location.

---

The knife-like attack shown at 0:10 of the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyfnIKpsPKA&feature=relmfu

Single target damage spell.
    Knives go outwards (configurable) then cross one another.

Rep / credits for each if you make them.

4. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll take a look at them later this evening.

Derp your second spell is basically just a single cosine wave, with whatever value we want for the stretch factor. It really shouldn't be too hard to make. Your first one is basically just carrion swarm from a different angle, although i will write it out both ways for your convenience.

Khaos Machine the video won't load past 30 seconds for me. I'll have to try again later to load it, but I can probably do it.

5. Jas.per

Jas.per

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Explosive's Spell Pack
    Spell 1
    [​IMG]
    Name : Gamma Ray Burst
    Spell Type : Active
    Levels : 10
    Spell Target : Unit
    Cooldown : 12/14/16/18/20/22/24/26/28/30 Seconds
    Manacost : 70 [+15 Per Level]
    Description : Launches a Laser Beam Towards to the target dealing 75 [+15 Per Level] and Slow's the target by 30% lasts for 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
    Spell 2
    [​IMG]
    Name : Explode!
    Spell Target : Ground, Aoe
    AoE : 300 [+20 Per Level]
    Cooldown : 90
    Manacost : 90 [+12 Per Level]
    Description : Fires a Missile that Explodes dealing 100 [+20 Per Level] damage and decreases armor by .5 [+.5 Per Level]
    Spell 3
    [​IMG]
    Name : Orbital Laser
    Spell Type : Avtive
    Spell Target : Ground, AoE
    AoE : 400
    Cooldown 17 [ + 3 Per Level]
    Manacost : 100 [ + 5 Per Level ]
    Description : Drops a Laser Beam to the target dealing 75 [ + 15 Per Level ] damage, Stunning Them by 2 Seconds, and Damages 9 [ + 1 Per Level] Per Second lasts for 5 Seconds
    Spell 4
    [​IMG]
    Name : Explosion!!
    Spell Target : Instant, Aoe
    Aoe : 700
    Cooldown : 60 Seconds
    Manacost : 100 [+10 Per Level]
    Description : Instantly Explodes Damaging Nearby Enemy Units, The Nearer They Get The More The Damage The Received Damage : WITHIN 300 AoE Range 90 [ + 15 Per Level] + 200 Range KnockBack, WITHIN 600 AoE Range 60 [ + 10 Per Level] WITHIN 700 50 [+5PerLevel]

6. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @ Jas.per I have a few questions for clarification.

On spell 1, it only hits a single unit correct? Are any units taht the laser passes through on the way to its target also effected?

On spell 3, is the effect instant? Or is there some sort of charging delay? Also if you have a nice custom lightning I can set it up so a lightning comes down from the sky like a laser, then you can change the lightning effect to whatever your custom one is.

On spell 4, do only units within 300 aoe get the knockback?

Overall it looks like a very do-able spellpack.

7. Jas.per

Jas.per

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    - yes, its also affected
    - no 1 sec delay
    - yes

8. Jas.per

Jas.per

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    good luck :D

9. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Jas.per I am terribly sorry for the delay. Once my first round of the Legendary Fight is done I'll finish your spellpack. I already have the first one working and the second is almost done, so yes work is being done, just at a slow rate.

Derp I'll get to yours eventually.

10. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey don't sweat it - there's no rush for those spells.