• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello. Please make me spell yay!

Mamamagic Mimimissile

Fires a slow moving projectile at the target unit. Predicts where the target is currently moving at cast, so the missile can be dodged if the target switches direction (because of trees or terrain, or manually) after the missile is fired. If the target kept walking towards the same direction, it will meet its destruction!!

Level 1 - Deals -1 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 0 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 1 damage.

Spell Type: Unit target
Targets Allowed: Pathable terrain, Enemies/Allies.

Edit: And height/Z doesn't matter. Missile systems too complicated.

Last edited:
Level 29
I dont expect you to make all of them, simply take your pick of whats interesting for you.

Ice Wall or Frost Strike
Hero ultimate. Conjures chunks of ice, which deals damage, freezes and slows ground units in a target area.

icewall.png

Spell Type: AoE target
Targets Allowed: enemy, hero, non-hero, organic, neutral, ground

Black Arrow - the other
Shoots an arrow to target. The target loses 50% of it's current mana upon getting hit, it gets poisoned and takes damage in regular intervalls(similar to shadow strike) until at 10% of its maximum health, upon reaching 10% gets stunned for x duration.

Level 1 - XX
Level 2 - XX

Targets Allowed: enemy, hero, non-hero, organic, neutral

Haunting
This ability to be found on Haunted Goldmine. Kills all Acolytes currently mining there, summoning an floating soul crystal above the mine that strikes at enemy units as if being an soul tower. Combat strength and duration of the turret depends on how many Acolytes got sacrificed. The turret(the soul crystal) has an timed existence, and it exists seperate of(yet connected to) the Haunted Mine, if the Haunted Mine gets destroyed the crystal vanishes. Re-using the skill whilst the crystal is still in effect will re-place the soul crystal with an new one, never adding to current one.

Spell Type: Instant
Targets Allowed: acolytes mining on the mine

Mine Shell
This ability also to be found on Haunted Goldmine. At use, erects an shield dome over the mine protecting the acolytes mining there from harm(but nothing else) turning them invincible aslong they keep mining. The Haunted Mine itself does not turn invincible. Drains mana aslong its active.

Targets Allowed: acolytes mining on the mine

Wisp's Force of Nature
The Wisp goes up to an tree, merging with it to become an Treant. The Treant exists temporary, functioning like an nightelf Militia (of sorts).
Targets Allowed: tree

Shadow Ward
Places an ward on the ground that projects an cloaking aura, rendering all friendly units in it's radius invisible.
The ward is susceptible to any spell that has an effect on wards.

Level 1 - 150 radius, 75 mana cost
Level 2 - 250 radius, 75 mana cost
Level 3 - 350 radius, 100 mana cost
Level 4 - 450 radius, 100 mana cost
Level 5 - 550 radius, 125 mana cost
Level 6 - 650 radius, 125 mana cost

Spell Type: place ward, point target
Targets Allowed: friendly units cloak.

Null Ward
Hero ultimate. Places an ward that dispels all harmful and beneficial magic from friendly and hostile units within it's radius, effectively creating an 'null zone' there and preventing any spell from being cast on units within radius(prolly via simply places an undispellable version of anti-magic shell on units in radius?) irrevelant of friend or foe. Units entering the radius lose their enchantments.
If an skeleton happent to get raise from an corpse that remaint within radius, or another ward had been placed in range, it gets instantly destroyed. If an summon(like feral spirit or water elemental) has been made in range of the null ward it will get severely damaged upon appearing(this also triggers once at ward's placement: place null ward, if water elemental was in range gets this burst damage instantly), and suffer additional damage over time per second its remaining within the ward's range.
The ward itself is spell immune and cannot be dispelled.
Cooldown: one day. Lasts 60 seconds.

Level 1 - Hefty Mana cost. ward has radius of 700
Level 2 - Slightly better mana cost. ward has radius of 900

Spell Type: place ward, point target
Targets Allowed: summons, buffs

Grim Ward
Hero ultimate. Places an ward on the corpse of an unit(can be of friend or foe) that animates this unit from the dead. The raised unit's being is connected to existence of the ward placed on it's corpse, meaning the unit dies when the ward is destroyed or when duration wears off. If the unit dies on it's own the ward gets destroyed. The raised unit partains all upgrade levels it had prior to dying.
when ordered to use the ability, the hero seeks out on his own which unit to place the ward on, preferring highest level(or strongest?) unit in a radius of x.

Level 1 - XX
Level 2 - XX

Spell Type: place ward,
Targets Allowed: corpse

Area of Effect targeted Corpse Explosion
Necromancer mastery spell. Causes any corpses of dead units in target area(radius 250) to explode, each dealing 50 damage of type spells in a close(175) radius around themselves. 100 mana cost

Spell Type: AoE, Point target
Targets Allowed: corpses of dead units

Nature's Touch
Regrows trees in an area(if it had any treestumps) over howmany seconds or instantly tears down all trees in the area. To prevent passing units getting stuck on trees, target area has to be entirely unit free(checking for invisible and burrowed too) for regrowing.
Trees are not interactable with during regrowing period. If there was an wisp harvesting the tree at point of teardown it simply unloads and remains on foot, does not die. If there was sentinel used on tree its dispelled(dies along the tree).

Level 1 - 150 radius
Level 2 - 200 radius
Level 3 - 250 radius
Level 4 - 300 radius
Level 5 - 350 radius
Level 6 - 400 radius

Spell Type: AoE, Point target.
Targets Allowed: trees

Proper Blight Aura
Allows undeads in 700 radius to regenerate as if they happent to be standing around on blight, using their given 2.00 hp regen on blight only value without any further % boost to regeneration. Does not stack with Blight itself.

Level 1 - Allows nearby friendly Undead units to regenerate their lost hit points. The aura does not stack with the regenerative effects of Blight.
Spell Type: Passive, Aura
Targets Allowed: Undead only.

Alternate Death Pact
Kills a target friendly Undead unit, giving a percentage of its hit points to the Anti-Paladin as an shield. The shield functions similar to anti-magic shell (Magic Resistance) except its absorbing any kind of damage instead only spell damage.

Level 1 - 50% of target hitpoints.
Level 2 - 100% of target hitpoints.
Level 3 - 150% of target hitpoints.
Level 4 - 200% of target hitpoints.
Level 5 - 250% of target hitpoints.
Level 6 - 300% of target hitpoints.

Spell Type: used same way as default death pact.
Targets Allowed: used same way as default death pact.

Mimic
Unit ability. The Doppelganger mimics the target enemy non-heroic ground unit(works on mechanicals too but not ancients), permanently transforming himself into an copy of it. whilst being transformed the unit is technically considered an timelimit-less summon and is receptible towards: dispells, disenchants, abolish magic, control magic, or any other spell that has an effect regarding summons. Cannot transform into spell immune creatures, or creeps above level 5. The transformation takes minor channeling time and vulnerability increase during this channeling time just like during Banshee's Possession.

Level 1 - Mimics the targeted enemy unit, transforming into an copy of it.

Spell Type: Unit target, Channeled(technically)
Targets Allowed: enemy non-heroic, non-ancient ground units.

Further notes: Can also mimic enemy summons, so can copy skeleton, water elemental, bear etc.

Seal of Valor
When cast upon an friendly, non-mechanical, non-heroic unit PERMANENTLY raises it's armor and damage value(only when amplified via Seal of Kings). The target unit gets an buff of this ability providing those benefits, the effects do not stack with multiple casts, and the buff does not refresh if re-cast on same unit at later level. If an unit that has 'Seal of Valor' buff gets cast upon 'Seal of Kings' ultimate, the buff evolves into 'Seal of Fortitude', gaining the secondary effect maximum health increase in addition to primary armor increasing effect.

Level 1 - primary effect: +1.5 armor and secondary effect: +75 maximum health.
Level 2 - primary effect: +3 armor and secondary effect: +150 maximum health.
Level 3 - primary effect: +4.5 armor and secondary effect: +225 maximum health.
Level 4 - primary effect: +6 armor and secondary effect: +300 maximum health.
Level 5 - primary effect: +7.5 armor and secondary effect: +375 maximum health.
Level 6 - primary effect: +9 armor and secondary effect: +450 maximum health.

Further notes: Seal of Valor's buff does not persist through resurrection, if the unit happent to die its lost and can get re-cast on the unit after resurrection.
This Seal buff cannot get dispelled or otherwise removed, it vanishes on death of unit alone.

Seal of Fire
When cast upon an friendly, non-mechanical, non-heroic unit temporarily bestows an fire-shield upon that unit that returns an fixed value of damage per hit enemy melee attackers made upon the unit. If an unit that has 'Seal of Fire' gets cast upon 'Seal of Kings', the buff evolves into 'Seal of Courage', unit gains secondary effect damage increase for duration and the buff duration gets refreshed.
Lasts 30 seconds.

Level 1 - primary effect: damage shield on the unit that returns 1 damage per hit and secondary effect: +3% damage.
Level 2 - primary effect: damage shield on the unit that returns 3 damage per hit and secondary effect: +6% damage.
Level 3 - primary effect: damage shield on the unit that returns 5 damage per hit and secondary effect: +9% damage.
Level 4 - primary effect: damage shield on the unit that returns 7 damage per hit and secondary effect: +12% damage.
Level 5 - primary effect: damage shield on the unit that returns 9 damage per hit and secondary effect: +15% damage.
Level 6 - primary effect: damage shield on the unit that returns 11 damage per hit and secondary effect: +18% damage.

Spell Type: Instant, unit target
Targets Allowed: friendly, non-mechanical, non-heroic, non-ancient

Further notes: This Seal's buff(s) can get dispelled or spell steal'd.

Seal of Kings
Ultimate with 2 levels. Self-aoe ability. This ability has 4 effects:
Primary effects:
The hero himself gains an temporary, inner fire-like buff increasing his, damage, armor, health regen and mana regeneration by an percentage of his maximum health and mana, upon casting this ability, that persists for x duration.
Friendly units that happent to be in 900 radius vicinity gets instantly upgraded, meaning they get any 'blacksmith upgrades'(damage increasing, armor increasing), ability unlocking researches(becoming able to use any ability they have) and any spellcaster upgrades(if it was spellcaster can cast any spells it has) the affected unit could gain and already had not researched, essentially 'maxing' the unit. This however does not apply any other upgrades, unit evolving upgrades such as troll berserker research, barrage upgrade, skeletal longevity, orcish berserker strength, improved bows, long rifles, do not get applied via this. This does not advance the player's global tech-tree.
Secondary effects:
If an friendly unit that had 'Seal of Fire' happent to be in vicinity, its buff evolves into 'Seal of Courage'.
If an friendly unit that had 'Seal of Valor' happent to be in vicinity, its buff evolves into 'Seal of Fortitude'.
Cooldown: can cast once per day.

Level 1 - Major mana cost, the hero gains +3 armor and +20% damage, +50% mana regeneration and +30% health regeneration rate.
Level 2 - Major mana cost, the hero gains +5 armor and +40% damage, +50% mana regeneration and +30% health regeneration rate.

Further notes: This Seal's buff on the crusader himself cannot get dispelled or spell steal'd.

Spell Type: Instant / Self-aoe
Targets Allowed: self, friendly, non-mechanical, non-heroic, non-ancient

Level 4
Haha, I was going to cancel my request today. Good thing you haven't started yet, I'll feel guilty otherwise :D
Someone already answered me at Trigger Forum and I got it working. Thanks!

Level 37
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you guys know I'm going to put this workshop on a temporary hold. I have a lot of things to catch up on that I have been procrastinating for a while, and I really don't want to keep the people I promised I would finish a request for waiting on me. I apologize for any inconvenience I caused. When I have more free time, I will message the people I still need to do a request for to confirm that they still need it. Thank you all for your patience ^^

On another note, I want to thank @Mr.Goblin for making me the beautiful banner for the first post!

Level 5
Hello, Killcide! Can you make this spell?

Cold Snap

Spell Type
Active, Target Unit

Targets Allowed
Enemies, Organic, Ground, Air, Neutral

Description :
Draws the heat from an enemy, chilling them to their very core for a duration. The enemy will take damage and be briefly frozen at the begining. Further damage taken in this state will freeze the enemy again, dealing freeze damage.

Level 1 : Buff Duration of 5 Seconds, 0.9 freeze cooldown, 0.2 seconds freeze duration, 20 Bonus damage
Level 2 : Buff Duration 6 Seconds, 0.8 freeze cooldown, 0.3 seconds freeze duration , 25 Bonus Damage
Level 3 : Buff Duration 7 Seconds, 0.7 freeze cooldown, 0.4 seconds freeze duration, 30 bonus damage.

Cooldown : 20 Seconds
Manacost : 75/85/95
Damage type : Magical
Can be dispelled

Level 27
Arcane cannon
Throws several projectiles at a target enemy unit, dealing damage.

Level 1 - 100 damage.
Level 2 - 200 damage.
Level 3 - 300 damage.

Targets Allowed: Non magic-immune, enemy.

My idea is having something like the Shadow Cannon from SC2, the eyecandy shows several missiles hitting the target one behind the other, but the damage is done in one hit. I don't want debuff of any type, only the damage and the number of missiles for eyecandy for example ten shots in a quick sucession.

In short Stormbolt without stun, and extra missiles during the casting phase.

Last edited:

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26

full

Chain Mana
Similar to Shadow Hunter's healing wave, but replenishes mana. Cannot target self and has 800 range that's based on a targeted unit. The bouncing effect doesn't have any delays, replenished mana decreases by 5% on each jump (Max target: 5). If possible, attach the lightning effect to the target units.

Cooldown: 18 Seconds
Mana Cost: 55
Level 1 - 50 Mana Restored
Level 2 - 65 Mana Restored
Level 3 - 80 Mana Restored

Spell Type: Unit
Targets Allowed: Allies, Friends, Not-Self, Organic

SFX:
Target - Replenish Mana (Abilities\Spells\Items\AIma\AImaTarget.mdl)
Lightning - Mana Burn (MBUR)

Level 22
Electrical Fuzz
It's mimicking "The Swarm" ability of Nerubian Weaver from DotA. The only difference is that this one is using Mana Flare Missile as its model and ministuns the enemies for every attack. It is preferred to use Mana Flare Special as a sfx when the dummies are attacking.

"The Caster launches 12 balls of electricity that latch on any enemy unit in their path. attacking and ministunning the target until it is killed"

Level 1 - 20 damage per tick
Level 2 - 40 damage per tick
Level 3 - 60 damage per tick

tick interval is 1 second
dummy duration is 10 seconds

Spell Type: Point target
Targets Allowed: Enemy, Ground, Fly, Non-Organic

Thorn Prison
Binds the target with thorn, make them unable to do any actions in this state. Summons 5 more (attack-able/kill-able) thorns around the target, each thorn will cause an explosion when killed either by physical attack or spell. the explosion deals damage to nearby enemy units as well as the other thorns which might cause them to explode as well.

Level 1 - 100 damage per thorn
Level 2 - 150 damage per thorn
Level 3 - 200 damage per thorn

the target will be bound for 5 seconds.

Targets Allowed: Enemy, Ground, Fly, Non-Organic

Will cancel these requests when I get the motivation and have the time to make them myself :p

Level 24
If you got one slot left I would love this!

Sentient Fireball
Passively creates a sentient fireball every 5 seconds that wander around the caster of their own accord targeting nearby enemy units for a portion of the caster's power.

Upon activation of the ability, all active fireballs and passive created fireballs are split into three smaller embers dealing a smaller portion of damage but reducing the creation time by 4.5 seconds for 5 seconds.

- upon reaching maximum number of fireballs the oldest will expire
- fireballs with no targets wander within 250 range of the caster
- embers deal 50% of the damage and are visually smaller
- fireballs can only target one unit at a time for about 0.5 seconds (think locust swarm's max target) to keep them from clumping on one target

Level 1 - 25 + (100% caster's intelligence) damage per fireball, max 3 fireballs, activation time 5.
Level 2 - 35 + (100% caster's intelligence) damage per fireball, max 4 fireballs, activation time 7.
Level 3 - 45 + (100% caster's intelligence) damage per fireball, max 5 fireballs, activation time 9.

Spell Type: Passive / Active
Targets Allowed: unit, ground, air, enemy

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey everyone, sorry about not working on any of your requests. I am extremely busy with school and work, and the time I have here I spend making systems / spells for the projects I'm participating in :(
No need to apologize, School and Work are always important in life. You don't have to do the spells you know? Only if you want to.

Level 1
I'll be waiting for this spell :D

Cerperus Charge

Dashes to an ally unit, healing it by (+50) for 2 seconds, Cerperus Charge can be re-casted for 5 seconds.

Level 1 - (+50) healing for 2 seconds, 400 Cast Range, 40 Dash Speed
Level 2 - (+100) healing for 4 seconds, 600 Cast Range, 60 Dash Speed
Level 3 - (+150) healing for 6 seconds, 800 Cast Range, 80 Dash Speed

Targets Allowed: Ground Units

(Side note: Recast - you can use the same ability twice, the ability will have a cooldown after using it twice.)

Last edited:
If you have the time and interest I'd greatly appreciate a system that somewhat emulates red alert air strikes but as an ability.

The "airfield unit" has a plane hovering over it (dummy unit).

When it casts the ability (Airstrike), the plane flies to the area, bomb it and then return.

The plane does not need to be controllable (actually probably shouldn't), but does need to be shot down by enemy anti-air and air units.

Alternatively, the "plane" unit could have the ability. But this requires it to be selectable to the owner when it is not in use.

I'll be waiting for this spell :D

Cerperus Charge

Dashes to an ally unit, healing it by (+50) for 2 seconds, Cerperus Charge can be re-casted for 5 seconds.

Level 1 - (+50) healing for 2 seconds, 400 Cast Range, 40 Dash Speed
Level 2 - (+100) healing for 4 seconds, 600 Cast Range, 60 Dash Speed
Level 3 - (+150) healing for 6 seconds, 800 Cast Range, 80 Dash Speed

Targets Allowed: Ground Units

(Side note: Recast - you can use the same ability twice, the ability will have a cooldown after using it twice.)
There's a similar spell in earlier pages, slight tweak might do.

If you have the time and interest I'd greatly appreciate a system that somewhat emulates red alert air strikes but as an ability.

The "airfield unit" has a plane hovering over it (dummy unit).

When it casts the ability (Airstrike), the plane flies to the area, bomb it and then return.

The plane does not need to be controllable (actually probably shouldn't), but does need to be shot down by enemy anti-air and air units.

Alternatively, the "plane" unit could have the ability. But this requires it to be selectable to the owner when it is not in use.
Like the Harrier plane?

Just one. In my case I'd rather send more planes with one bomb, than more bombs per plane.
Alright. Let's see when I can be available for this. Remind me, cause I have a high tendency for forgetting requests. A LOT.

First page : Trascended Rescue

Level 15
Here is an idea for a spell modification I had for Drunken Haze, not sure how well it would function though.

- Drunken Walk: the units affected will not walk exactly where you intended and if you give them orders far away they will absolutely not get very far and they should be reissued (perhaps even ignore orders if they are too frequent).
- Reduces the attack speed and movement speed.
- if the player is controlling the unit affected the camera should shake and swirl and have a orange hue.

Other than this the stats can be the same as in vanilla. Also the level of order distortion should match the ability level.

Level 13
Terrify(Ultimate)
Any enemy units looking at hero will have their attack speed and movement speed slowed by 35%. If 2 seconds of total time is accumulated looking at hero while this ability is active, the unit will be terrified. Terrified units are stunned, take 25% extra damage and kill them if he is an illusion.

-Requires 1 seconds of channeling.
-Affect units in 1000 range in front of hero.
-2 seconds timer along with slow debuff starts when unit start to look at hero.
-Timer doesn't reset even when unit look away from hero. It pauses instead.
-When the timer reaches 2 seconds, the unit is applied with "Terrified" debuff, which is just a simple stun.
-Unit is considered looking at hero if the angle of hero from that unit is ±85°. [Optional, you can adjust whatever angle :p]
-Attack speed and movement speed slow buff slowly builds up to 35% until he is finally terrified. [optional]
-When a unit is terrified, his animation speed is set to 0.
-Terrified buff can't be dispelled. [optional]
-SFX: Caster will have sfx attached to his head after channeling. Terrified unit will have sfx attached at overhead.

Level 1 - 9 seconds spell duration, 3 seconds terrified buff duration.

Targets Allowed: Enemy, Neutral, Air, Ground, Non-Structure, Non-Mechanical, Invulnerable.

Ahh, also I am still using 1.27 so please make it work without new natives :D Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.