• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
False Promise
Temporarily alters an ally's destiny, delaying any healing or damage taken until False Promise ends. Any healing that is delayed by False Promise is multiplied by N. Configurable to make it so new instances on the same unit either add to the duration or do nothing at all.

If ( DAMAGE - N*HEALING > LIFE AT TIME OF CAST), kill the unit. (Kill credit is given to the player whose units did the most damage to the unit, or to nobody at all if that is too time consuming to code)

EDIT: Should have a buff, and spell should end normally if buff is dispelled. Please add custom events for when an instance of the spell begins and when it ends, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks again ^.^

Level 1 - 8 second duration, N=2
Level 2 - 9 second duration, N=2.5
Level 3 - 10 second duration, N=3

Spell Type: Unit Target
Targets Allowed: Friend/Self
Well that wasn't so bad actually. You might want to test for a lot of scenarios to make sure everything works properly. I couldn't bother imagining what your map and anyone else's map might have. All though, I managed to implement all the mechanics you requested for. There is only one issue with one of the mechanics: the heal being nulled will have a noticeable flicker in the HP bar. Having a small loop timer will probably fix it or just happen rarely. Other than that:

- Buff indicator is from the Unholy Frenzy ability
- All damage and healing will be nulled (keep note of the HP bar flicker I mentioned)
- Casting False Promise on a unit that already has it will reset the instance
- Buff is dispellable. The instance will end, but the "end" mechanics will still occur
- Custom events include index and deindex (index event doesn't fire from an instance being reset). Variables include the target unit and the ability level

GIF Preview

FalsePromisePreview.gif

Requirements

Changelog

v1.00 (12 November 2016)
  • Uploaded

Attachments

• False Promise v1.00.w3x
    37.2 KB · Views: 116
Level 12
Molten Armor
A spell of Selectable target and auto-cast as the Inner Fire, basically will increase armor and give you a chance to critical hit or damage spells

Level 1 - +1.5 amor and 10% chance to crit
Level 2 - +2.0 amor and 20% chance to crit
Level 3 - +2.5 amor and 30% chance to crit
Level 4 - +3.0 amor and 40% chance to crit

Spell Type: Unit target
Targets Allowed: Air, Ground, Friend, Neutral, Self

PS: and i need one version for Normal units

Level 30
Alright, as promised, here's the formula.

Blastphemy
The Horadrim Warmage calls a surge of the arcane upon an enemy, dealing magical damage. Deals more damage closer you are to half of your mana, up to a maximum of x3 damage at exactly 50%.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 200 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 300 damage.

Targets Allowed: Enemy, Organic, Air, Ground

Additional information: The spell always deals base damage (100, 200, 300), which is increased by a parameter of how much mana caster has upon casting the spell. At full mana, this spell deals standard damage. At half of mana, this spell deals x3 damage (300, 600, 900). This also works both ways - At full or no mana, it deals standard damage. 20% of mana deals the same as 80% of mana.
Spell type is instant, so no missile is required.

Level 37
Do you still have that notepad screenshot I gave you? It would be EXTREMELY useful for me given that it had all the correct if statements and mod functions :D If you have that screenshot, I can literally finish this spell in like 10 minutes.

Also, I understand that at 50% mana, the spell will deal 3x damage. However, I am confused as to when it should deal 2x, 1.5x, etc.

Level 12
I haven't started on the spell request, but I might be able to start on it sometimes this weekend. I started thinking about it today and thought about what should happen if Molten Armor is casted on a unit that already has Molten Armor. Should the duration just reset?

Yes, like all spells on wc3
its for a melee map, RTS normal game etc (I don't know if this information is useful)

Level 37
I don't get why you have to beat around the bush. I haven't played a WC3 melee game since like 2008, so it is not useful. What is useful is you tell me what you want directly.
The more descriptive you are with your request, the less questions I have to ask, which means I will be less irritated and finish your request a lot quicker.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I don't get why you have to beat around the bush. I haven't played a WC3 melee game since like 2008, so it is not useful. What is useful is you tell me what you want directly.
Well, he's saying that it's for the standard game, which to me means stuff like "resets duration upon re-cast", "is dispellable", "buff is Spell Steal-able", etc...

Level 30
Do you still have that notepad screenshot I gave you? It would be EXTREMELY useful for me given that it had all the correct if statements and mod functions :D If you have that screenshot, I can literally finish this spell in like 10 minutes.

Also, I understand that at 50% mana, the spell will deal 3x damage. However, I am confused as to when it should deal 2x, 1.5x, etc.
I'll see into finding the image, as I've recently transfered all my data to a new PC so it might got lost somewhere.

Well, if it's 100% damage at 100% of mana, and 300% damage at 50% of mana, then it comes to deduction that it would be 200% at 75%.

Level 37
@NelsonLaJe Going to have to use integers instead of reals for the armor values. I was going to use Frost Armor as the base spell since it allowed real inputs for the armor value, but Frost Armor has a hard coded slow effect on it. Unfortunately, Inner Fire is my alternative, which only takes integers for the armor increase.

"buff is Spell Steal-able"
I won't be able to implement the spell steal mechanic. It's basically impossible unless I make this spell specifically for a map so I can integrate all spell steal mechanics into the spell. I make spells for the general public, so one will have to implement this themselves :/

Well, if it's 100% damage at 100% of mana, and 300% damage at 50% of mana, then it comes to deduction that it would be 200% at 75%.
So x0.06 more damage for every 1%?

Level 37
Molten Armor
A spell of Selectable target and auto-cast as the Inner Fire, basically will increase armor and give you a chance to critical hit or damage spells

Level 1 - +1.5 amor and 10% chance to crit
Level 2 - +2.0 amor and 20% chance to crit
Level 3 - +2.5 amor and 30% chance to crit
Level 4 - +3.0 amor and 40% chance to crit

Targets Allowed: Air, Ground, Friend, Neutral, Self
As I said in my previous post, I am unable to implement the spell steal mechanic and allow decimal values for the armor increase (refer to this post). Everything else was done though:

- Buff indicator is from the Inner Fire ability
- Casting Molten Armor on a unit that already has Molten Armor will just reset the spell instance
- Dispellable. Instance will end after the Molten Armor buff is dispelled
- Critical damage can only occur when damage dealt is towards an enemy unit. They will also only occur if the damage source is still alive

GIF Preview

MoltenArmorPreview.gif

Requirements

Changelog

v1.00 (19 November 2016)
  • Uploaded

Attachments

• Molten Armor v1.00.w3x
    35.4 KB · Views: 159

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I won't be able to implement the spell steal mechanic. It's basically impossible unless I make this spell specifically for a map so I can integrate all spell steal mechanics into the spell. I make spells for the general public, so one will have to implement this themselves :/
Huh. I might argue that "the general public" includes basic game interactions, but then again I don't really care/this isn't my Request. I don't know if I understand why it doesn't work (but also then again, I'm not really a coder).

Level 37
Even with basic game interactions, it would be tedious. Spell Steal, unfortunately, is random and based on priority of the buffs. Under the assumption that the general public only uses one spell steal ability I would have to:
  • Catch the ability event
  • Somehow find out the caster got the buff of a triggered ability. Possible by caching every triggered buff in the game, then looping to find out which buff it got
  • Once I find out the buff, transfer all data by finding out which spell instance it got
Finding out what spell instance it got is the extremely tedious part. Maps contain mixes of linked list, dynamic indexing, hashtables, & vJass structs. This takes me back to my original statement:
It's basically impossible unless I make this spell specifically for a map so I can integrate all spell steal mechanics into the spell. I make spells for the general public, so one will have to implement this themselves :/

Heavy emphasis on "I make this spell specifically for a map." Now, let's assume you did care. I'd like to know what you would have done.

Level 37
Blastphemy
The Horadrim Warmage calls a surge of the arcane upon an enemy, dealing magical damage. Deals more damage closer you are to half of your mana, up to a maximum of x3 damage at exactly 50%.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 200 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 300 damage.

Targets Allowed: Enemy, Organic, Air, Ground

Additional information: The spell always deals base damage (100, 200, 300), which is increased by a parameter of how much mana caster has upon casting the spell. At full mana, this spell deals standard damage. At half of mana, this spell deals x3 damage (300, 600, 900). This also works both ways - At full or no mana, it deals standard damage. 20% of mana deals the same as 80% of mana.
Spell type is instant, so no missile is required.
That was easy :D glad I was able to figure it out with a simple formula instead of using a bunch of if statements. Here are the inumerable amount of mechanics for the spell:

- Mana percentage is calculated BEFORE mana cost is spent for the spell
- Here is the formula in case anyone is curious:
JASS:
Damage = baseDamage + baseDamage * damageMultiplier*(1.00 - |(currentMana-halfMana) / halfMana|)

GIF Preview

BlastphemyPreview.gif

Requirements

• Nothing

Changelog

v1.00 (21 November 2016)
  • Uploaded

Attachments

• Blastphemy v1.00.w3x
    15.1 KB · Views: 174
Level 23
Lightning Strike
Cast down several lightning bolts in a straight line affecting all units within 150 range around the lightning bolt. Dealing damage and reducing their movement of speed. Lasts X seconds.
Level 1 - Deals 150 damage and slows movement of speed by 15%. Last 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 225 damage and slows movement of speed by 30%. Last 4 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 300 damage and slows movement of speed by 45%. Last 5 seconds.

Spell Type: Point target
Targets Allowed: Enemy, Air, Ground, Organic.

Additional:
Use the monsoon effect as lightning bolts!
Distance: 1000

Last edited:
Level 37
Cast down several lightning bolts in a straight line affecting all units within 150 range around the lightning bolt. Dealing damage and reducing their movement of speed.
This is pretty vague. How many lightning bolts? How far apart are they? How long is their movement speed reduced? Can they take damage from two lightning bolts? Do the lightning bolts all appear at once?

Level 23
This is pretty vague. How many lightning bolts? How far apart are they? How long is their movement speed reduced? Can they take damage from two lightning bolts? Do the lightning bolts all appear at once?

Oops, forgot about that.
About 5 - 7 of them. Distance is 200 or 150 each bolt (if not possible then you can reduce it). I edited the post to set the duration. nope, they can be only damage once. yes, in a line.

Level 37
Lightning Strike
Cast down several lightning bolts in a straight line affecting all units within 150 range around the lightning bolt. Dealing damage and reducing their movement of speed. Lasts X seconds.
Level 1 - Deals 150 damage and slows movement of speed by 15%. Last 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 225 damage and slows movement of speed by 30%. Last 4 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 300 damage and slows movement of speed by 45%. Last 5 seconds.

Targets Allowed: Enemy, Air, Ground, Organic.

Additional:
Use the monsoon effect as lightning bolts!
Distance: 1000
I was unsure if you wanted all the bolts to appear at the same time or in intervals. Hopefully not the latter or else I'll have to restructure the whole thing :p Some things to keep note of:

- Buff indicator is from the Cripple ability
- Damage is dealt in a line, not in a circular area around each effect

GIF Preview

LightningStrikePreview.gif

Requirements

Changelog

v1.00 (24 November 2016)
  • Uploaded

Attachments

• Lightning Strike v1.00.w3x
    30.7 KB · Views: 187
Level 23
I was unsure if you wanted all the bolts to appear at the same time or in intervals. Hopefully not the latter or else I'll have to restructure the whole thing :p Some things to keep note of:

- Buff indicator is from the Cripple ability
- Damage is dealt in a line, not in a circular area around each effect

GIF Preview

Requirements

Changelog

v1.00 (24 November 2016)
  • Uploaded

Fantastic! Many thanks!

Level 30
Got another one if you have some time :)

Spell Name Transcendent Rescue
The Jade Priestess dashes towards an area, leaving a path of healing ground bellow her for 7 seconds. Upon reaching the desired location, she briefly shifts her soul out of existence, reducing any damage she takes by 50% for 5 seconds and becoming able to walk through units while it lasts.

Level 1 - Up to 600 range dash, healing path heals 30 per second.
Level 2 - Up to 700 range dash, healing path heals 40 per second.
Level 3 - Up to 800 range dash, healing path heals 50 per second.

Targets Allowed: Pathable terrain, no cliff crossing, no water walking.

Additional:
Dash can be cast at any range within maximum casting distance, and she will run to it, not towards the maximum distance. Speed should be about 550 range per second. Healing ground heals in area of 200 around it, does not stack if you're caught in multiple healing spots, but it does stack if there's multiple paths from several spell casts. Damage reduction applies to both spells and psychical damage.

Level 37
Sounds like fun :D Just a few questions:
  • Should the duration of the healing patches start after the dash is over, or when they are created?
  • Will she always shift after the dash or does she have to reach the target location?
  • Should destructables / structures stop the dash?
  • Any special effects in mind? If you are using custom, let me know so I know if I should use dummy units or not

Last edited:
Level 30
  • Healing fields are activated immediately bellow her as she dashes, but the entire path itself lasts for same duration (after the dash is over, they get expiration time).
  • She always shifts, regardless of dash distance;
  • Yes, and yes. She gains unit-walking, but does not break through destructibles.
  • Well for SFX, she should be playing fast walking animation while dashing. I have custom SFX model for healing patches. She could be semi-transparent while dashing/etheral to symbolize her taking reduced damage. Apart from that, I don't have anything else in mind.

It's Jaina model btw, if it's of any help.

Level 5
Hello, Killcide. Can you please make this?

Curse of the Archlich
With the power from the Archlich Kel'thuzad, the Caster snaps away heat from an enemy unit, causing then to be slowed, freezes regenerating HP and Mana, and causing them to take extra magic damage. If thier HP falls below 10% during the curse, it's instantly killed (does not work for heroes)
Level 1 : Slowed by 20%, - 20% Magic Resistance.
Level 2 : Slowed by 30%, - 30% Magic Resistance.
Level 3 : Slowed by 40%, - 40% Magic Resistance.

Spell Type : Unit Target
Targets Allowed : Enemy,Organic,Ground,Air

Can you make this in GUI?
Thank You.

Level 6
Spell Name: Sight

The user summons a fireball that circles the targeted area dealing damage per second and revealing invisible units in the ring.

Level 1 : Sight deals 15 damage per seconds and lasts 15 seconds. 200 AOE
Level 2 : Sight deals 35 damage per seconds and lasts 25 seconds. 250 AOE
Level 3 : Sight deals 50 damage per seconds and lasts 35 seconds. 300 AOE

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Spell Name: Sight

The user summons a fireball that circles the targeted area dealing damage per second and revealing invisible units in the ring.

Level 1 : Sight deals 15 damage per seconds and lasts 15 seconds. 200 AOE
Level 2 : Sight deals 35 damage per seconds and lasts 25 seconds. 250 AOE
Level 3 : Sight deals 50 damage per seconds and lasts 35 seconds. 300 AOE
Man, that sounds cool. And, sans the circular spinning, could totally be done easily with GUI. Hm...

Level 37
Spell Name Transcendent Rescue
The Jade Priestess dashes towards an area, leaving a path of healing ground bellow her for 7 seconds. Upon reaching the desired location, she briefly shifts her soul out of existence, reducing any damage she takes by 50% for 5 seconds and becoming able to walk through units while it lasts.

Level 1 - Up to 600 range dash, healing path heals 30 per second.
Level 2 - Up to 700 range dash, healing path heals 40 per second.
Level 3 - Up to 800 range dash, healing path heals 50 per second.

Targets Allowed: Pathable terrain, no cliff crossing, no water walking.

Additional:
Dash can be cast at any range within maximum casting distance, and she will run to it, not towards the maximum distance. Speed should be about 550 range per second. Healing ground heals in area of 200 around it, does not stack if you're caught in multiple healing spots, but it does stack if there's multiple paths from several spell casts. Damage reduction applies to both spells and psychical damage.
I apologize for that huuuge delay. Along with school and the complexity of the spell, it took me a while to find the drive to finish it :p nonetheless, it is done! I never saw any comments about stuns stopping the charge, so I didn't add it. Let me know if you want that changed! Also, since you are special, let me know if you want this redone in vJass. As mentioned before, the complexity of the spell resulted in 8 seperate triggers to get it work, and I know how picky you are with that.

- Charge is uninterruptible by the player
- Stunning the caster will not stop the charge. However, death can still stop the charge
- Caster will stop at obstacles, excluding units
- Segment for "healing area" will constantly update with the caster's movement. The duration of the segment will not start until after the charge has ended
- A unit standing on multiple segments will recieve healing from each segment
- If the caster is alive at the end of the charge, they will get the Phase Walk buff
- Phase Walk only allows you to walk through units, excluding structures
- Base ability of Phase Walk is Wind Walk. Due to this, it cannot be dispelled
- If a caster still has the Phase Walk buff, but enters the Phase Walk instance again, the instance will just reset

GIF Preview

TranscRescPreview.gif

Requirements

Changelog

v1.00 (1 January 2017)
  • Uploaded

Attachments

• Transcendent Rescue v1.00.w3x
    57.3 KB · Views: 81
Level 9
Hi! I would have a spell request, tell me if you can/want to do something :

Teaching of the Citadel

During a period of time, xp received by this hero and friendfly others around him is increased.

Level 1 - x1.5 normal xp for caster, x1.25 normal xp for friendly heroes
Level 2 - x2 normal xp for caster, x1.63 normal xp for friendly heroes
Level 3 - x2.5 normal xp for caster, x2 normal xp for friendly heroes

Spell Type: Instant
Targets Allowed: friendly, heroes

Level 1
Hi there!
I want to make an aura of fear. the enemy fled in panic.
Level 1 - 400 range, 15% chance for each enemy around the caster. Each enemy is checked every 12 seconds, if hit, it moves to the side of the neutral-passive and runs in a random point on the map. and gets panic buff. 20 seconds after returning back to its player.
Level 2 - 600 range, 25% chance, check every 9 seconds, the panic - 30 sec
Level 3 - 800 range, 35% chance, check every 6 seconds, the panic - 40 sec

For the heroes it to be half the time of panic, for undead and machines should not working...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.