• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Idealists Challenge #1 "Light and Darknes - The Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Witches are hardly a mythical beast.

Almost everything about witches are mythical. They're basically the counterpart of warlocks and a bunch of folklore are based on them. They appear and are visualized with little to no difference in most mythologies. So, with that theme, witches are pretty much acceptable. As well as trolls (from Norse and Scandinavian Mythology), orcs, and a bunch of common warcraft stuff. I suggest narrowing down the theme to a specific mythology or changing the theme completely.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Almost everything about witches are mythical. They're basically the counterpart of warlocks and a bunch of folklore are based on them. They appear and are visualized with little to no difference in most mythologies. So, with that theme, witches are pretty much acceptable. As well as trolls (from Norse and Scandinavian Mythology), orcs, and a bunch of common warcraft stuff. I suggest narrowing down the theme to a specific mythology or changing the theme completely.

You are mixing folklore and mythology. They are not the same

Witches are subjectively "real". A myth is mostly considered something that is surreal, at least to the collective consciousness. Witches were real in our time, they were burned at stakes so there is proof of that = no longer a myth. And witches are not creatures. They are humans. There is a clear distinction between the concept of a creature and a human.

So no, witches are not mythological nor creatures.

A troll witch or a hydra warlock however, IS a mythological creature.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Since @~Nightmare allowed it, anyone that wishes to seriously host the contest, PM me and I'll send you the message with all the display thread that ~Nightmare, me and possibly others edited and modified.

Level 10
Well I would be willing to, and also to be a judge, but I habe not that much time this week (after this I have plenty of time) and have no experience in hosting a contest^^

Reactions: Moy

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Well I would be willing to, and also to be a judge, but I habe not that much time this week (after this I have plenty of time) and have no experience in hosting a contest^^

I strongly disagree. Being both the host and the judge means you will be biased towards giving higher scores towards people you know. And since you would be the host, you would know who sent you which hero idea, giving you extra information that as a judge you shouldn't have BECAUSE judges shouldn't care who sent which hero, they should score based on the information provided by an anonymous user, and later the host can reveal which user was which.

Again in my opinion, you cannot be a host and a judge.
You can participate as the host, but not judge.
Judges should be someones who aren't participating and aren't hosting the contest.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

The host only posts stuff right

E: wait nvm. too much work

Well yeah, it requires constant update on the main thread. But its not too much work because @~Nightmare already made the main thread and I have it so whoever wants to host this, has a full thread already setup they only have to add the participants to a table and say if its WIP, FINISHED and link to the pastebin so that judges can access it. Like we did with ~Nightmare's thread.

Level 10
well, you are totally right about that host + judge thingy^^, so yeah, just decide what you would like me to do more: host or judge?

Moy

Moy

Level 49
No. HAHA

Thero, the Undefined
LORE

Born with gratitude and love, and had lived with his family happily. He was an ordinary man, a respected one, a person who believe in god. Through this, he had took the path to the word of god. He had mastered light magic in seminary by learning all by himself.

One day, the world was in chaos. Demons and any other kind of dark beings lurked into the atmosphere of Earth. There was no light but darkness and even a glimpse of the sun can't be seen. A hundred days of complete darkness, no candlelights, streetlights or any other device or thing that can't light up. Until the dark beings stepped to the soil of Earth, plants began to wither, ice began to melt, and water began to boil. Volcanoes erupted and meteors fell. The humans had no choice but to fight them, with bravery and trust. One of them was Thero, supporting the human race. Many dark beings died and so do humans, but there still one demon left. This demon attacked Thero, stabbing his heart, that a fountain of blood can be seen. However, this ruthless demon was killed also by the knights who fought the bloody war. Unfortunately, Thero is still alive and this demon took the chance to possessed the poor body of Thero. As a result, Thero changed his form, bones grew on the back of his body, and dark auras around him. Luckily, Thero's mind is still present and has a full control to his movements, because of being a priest. Rarely, Thero can cast both light and dark magic on his wish. Even with this form, Thero didn't changed his path and career, he even pursued hard in order for him to attain his original form. Because of Thero's mission, the kingdom didn't locked up Thero in a dungeon, and became an ally of the Sentinel. This made the Scourge to be confused, knowing that he is physically look like a demon but helping to the alliance of Good and not for the Evil, that is his allies called him the Undefined.

HERO DETAILS
ATTRIBUTES
HERO Range:600 (Ranged)
HERO Projectile:Orb of Corruption
HERO Sound Set:Lich Voice
Damage Base:39 - 43
Attack Cooldown:1.8
Defense Base:3
Movement Speed Base:290
strength.jpg
Strength - 18 + 1.6
intelligence-c.jpg
Intelligence - 24 + 2.3
agility.jpg
Agility - 19 + 1.9

Focus Energy

aw.jpg
Focus Energy
Thero focuses magic by getting forces from his surroundings, dealing minor damage to enemies and healing a percentage of HP to allies.
Manacost170/180/190/200
Cooldown14 seconds
Range600
Target TypeUnit
[TD]

Unnamed tab 1

Heaven's Cleanse

Presence Aura

Malevolent Illusion

icons_5584_btn.jpg

Seraphic Energy

Triggers when targeted to an ally or self. Heals 10%/12%/14%/16% max health.

icons_13982_btn.jpg

Blessing from God
Creates a shield unto the unit affected by Seraphic Energy. The shields wields the power of the heavens which can absorb 150 damage which lasts 3 seconds.

icons_13640_btn.jpg

Stygian Energy
Triggers when targeted unto an enemy unit. Deals 150/175/200/225.

icons_5583_btn.jpg

Demon's Nebula
Unit affected by Stygian Energy will gain "Demon's Nebula" buff, decreasing the affected unit's max HP by 5% for 5 seconds.

[tr][TD]
icons_5181_btn.jpg

Heaven's Cleanse
Thero learned this ability all by himself, he mastered it with his own potential. Deals 150/175/200/225 damage and stops health regeneration of affected units by 3 seconds in an area of 600.

Manacost

160/175/190/200

Cooldown

12 seconds

Range

Target TypeGround(600 AoE)

icons_12494_btn.jpg

SPECIAL EFFECT: Evil Away!

Triggers when a unit having "Demon's Nebula" buff is affected by Heaven's Cleanse. Deals extra 150 true damage to the affected unit and units 200 range around the exploding unit.

[/tr]
icons_12615_btn%20copy.png.jpg

Presence Aura
Thero's demonic form and holy power triggers a very powerful aura that affects units including himself within 600 range.

Manacost

NONE

Cooldown

NONE

Range

Target TypePassive
[tr]

icons_12615_btn.jpg

Atramentous Aura
When an enemy unit affected by this attacks or cast spell to Thero, he will be dealt 5%/7%/9%11% equivalent to the damage taken by Thero.
Decrease nearby enemies' movement speed by 1% for every 100 range away from Thero. This only applies to units visible in sight and within 1200 range of Thero. Only works for enemies.

a1.jpg

Scintillant Aura
Increase nearby allies’ max health by 5%/7%/9%/11% and heals 5% max HP for allies casting a spell within 100 range from Thero. Only works for allies.

icons_12614_btn.jpg

Intrinsic Aura
Thero has a 10%/12%/14%/16% chance to deal 100 true damage to spells. Chance increases to 15%/17%/19%/21% when Malevolent Illusion is active. Only works for Thero.
[TD]
Notes:
• These three above are the buffs that can be get by an enemy, an ally or to the hero itself and are not meant to be toggleable but are passive.

[/tr]
[tr][TD]
icons_15684_btn.jpg

Malevolent Illusion
With the help of his demonic form, he can cast an illusion of himself using his dark power.
All enemy units within 600 Range where the illusion was planted will be linked and deal 100 initial damage, making them unable to move 400 units away from the copy. The illusion lasts 4 seconds. However, it is immobile, cannot attack and recognized by both teams as enemy. 90%/100%/110% damage taken by the illusion will be transferred to linked enemies.

Manacost

300/310/320

Cooldown

130/140/150 seconds

Range

Target TypeGround
[tr]

Notes

• The illusion is not magic immune, dark possession can also be transferred. Stun, slow, and disables cannot be transferred even hex.
• The illusion has 1500 HP, 0 armor, 0 damage reduction, 0 HP regeneration and 0 attack damage.
• The illusion's appearance is ghost-like.

icon.jpg

Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade
• The illusion can now move and drag the linked units.
• Damage transfer increased from 90%/100%/110% to 100%/110%/120%.

[/tr]
[/TD][/TR]

Level 23
No. HAHA

Thero, the Undefined
LORE

Born with gratitude and love, and had lived with his family happily. He was an ordinary man, a respected one, a person who believe in god. Through this, he had took the path to the word of god. He had mastered light magic in seminary by learning all by himself.

One day, the world was in chaos. Demons and any other kind of dark beings lurked into the atmosphere of Earth. There was no light but darkness and even a glimpse of the sun can't be seen. A hundred days of complete darkness, no candlelights, streetlights or any other device or thing that can't light up. Until the dark beings stepped to the soil of Earth, plants began to wither, ice began to melt, and water began to boil. Volcanoes erupted and meteors fell. The humans had no choice but to fight them, with bravery and trust. One of them was Thero, supporting the human race. Many dark beings died and so do humans, but there still one demon left. This demon attacked Thero, stabbing his heart, that a fountain of blood can be seen. However, this ruthless demon was killed also by the knights who fought the bloody war. Unfortunately, Thero is still alive and this demon took the chance to possessed the poor body of Thero. As a result, Thero changed his form, bones grew on the back of his body, and dark auras around him. Luckily, Thero's mind is still present and has a full control to his movements, because of being a priest. Rarely, Thero can cast both light and dark magic on his wish. Even with this form, Thero didn't changed his path and career, he even pursued hard in order for him to attain his original form. Because of Thero's mission, the kingdom didn't locked up Thero in a dungeon, and became an ally of the Sentinel. This made the Scourge to be confused, knowing that he is physically look like a demon but helping to the alliance of Good and not for the Evil, that is his allies called him the Undefined.

HERO DETAILS
ATTRIBUTES
HERO Range:600 (Ranged)
HERO Projectile:Orb of Corruption
HERO Sound Set:Lich Voice
Damage Base:39 - 43
Attack Cooldown:1.8
Defense Base:3
Movement Speed Base:290
strength.jpg
Strength - 18 + 1.6
intelligence-c.jpg
Intelligence - 24 + 2.3
agility.jpg
Agility - 19 + 1.9

[COLOR="White"

Focus Energy[/COLOR]]
aw.jpg
Focus Energy
Thero focuses magic by getting forces from his surroundings, dealing minor damage to enemies and healing a percentage of HP to allies.
Manacost170/180/190/200
Cooldown14 seconds
Range600
Target TypeUnit
[TD]

[COLOR="White"

[COLOR="White"

[COLOR="White"

[COLOR="White"

icons_5584_btn.jpg

Seraphic Energy

Triggers when targeted to an ally or self. Heals 10%/12%/14%/16% max health.

icons_13982_btn.jpg

Blessing from God
Creates a shield unto the unit affected by Seraphic Energy. The shields wields the power of the heavens which can absorb 150 damage which lasts 3 seconds.

icons_13640_btn.jpg

Stygian Energy
Triggers when targeted unto an enemy unit. Deals 150/175/200/225.

icons_5583_btn.jpg

Demon's Nebula
Unit affected by Stygian Energy will gain "Demon's Nebula" buff, decreasing the affected unit's max HP by 5% for 5 seconds.

[tr][TD]
Heaven's Cleanse[/COLOR]]
icons_5181_btn.jpg

Heaven's Cleanse
Thero learned this ability all by himself, he mastered it with his own potential. Deals 150/175/200/225 damage and stops health regeneration of affected units by 3 seconds in an area of 600.

Manacost

160/175/190/200

Cooldown

12 seconds

Range

Target TypeGround(600 AoE)

icons_12494_btn.jpg

SPECIAL EFFECT: Evil Away!

Triggers when a unit having "Demon's Nebula" buff is affected by Heaven's Cleanse. Deals extra 150 true damage to the affected unit and units 200 range around the exploding unit.

[/tr]
Presence Aura[/COLOR]]
icons_12615_btn%20copy.png.jpg

Presence Aura
Thero's demonic form and holy power triggers a very powerful aura that affects units including himself within 600 range.

Manacost

NONE

Cooldown

NONE

Range

Target TypePassive
[tr]

icons_12615_btn.jpg

Atramentous Aura
When an enemy unit affected by this attacks or cast spell to Thero, he will be dealt 5%/7%/9%11% equivalent to the damage taken by Thero.
Decrease nearby enemies' movement speed by 1% for every 100 range away from Thero. This only applies to units visible in sight and within 1200 range of Thero. Only works for enemies.

a1.jpg

Scintillant Aura
Increase nearby allies’ max health by 5%/7%/9%/11% and heals 5% max HP for allies casting a spell within 100 range from Thero. Only works for allies.

icons_12614_btn.jpg

Intrinsic Aura
Thero has a 10%/12%/14%/16% chance to deal 100 true damage to spells. Chance increases to 15%/17%/19%/21% when Malevolent Illusion is active. Only works for Thero.
[TD]
Notes:
• These three above are the buffs that can be get by an enemy, an ally or to the hero itself and are not meant to be toggleable but are passive.

[/tr]
[tr][TD]
Malevolent Illusion[/COLOR]]
icons_15684_btn.jpg

Malevolent Illusion
With the help of his demonic form, he can cast an illusion of himself using his dark power.
All enemy units within 600 Range where the illusion was planted will be linked and deal 100 initial damage, making them unable to move 400 units away from the copy. The illusion lasts 4 seconds. However, it is immobile, cannot attack and recognized by both teams as enemy. 90%/100%/110% damage taken by the illusion will be transferred to linked enemies.

Manacost

300/310/320

Cooldown

130/140/150 seconds

Range

Target TypeGround
[tr]

Notes

• The illusion is not magic immune, dark possession can also be transferred. Stun, slow, and disables cannot be transferred even hex.
• The illusion has 1500 HP, 0 armor, 0 damage reduction, 0 HP regeneration and 0 attack damage.
• The illusion's appearance is ghost-like.

icon.jpg

Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade
• The illusion can now move and drag the linked units.
• Damage transfer increased from 90%/100%/110% to 100%/110%/120%.

[/tr]
[/TD][/TR]

I deleted mine. :3 Anyway atleast you have the BBcode right?

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Yes, I've already sent it to you.

EDIT:
We should create a group really now :D

Guys those who participated please post yours here, I'm really having trouble with the reps. Should we remove the anonymity? Or not?

I'll be adding a condition too:
After the result is announced, all participants must post their entry on the Result Thread, or else will he/she will be disqualified

For the rep purposes.

Last edited:
Level 7
Yes, I've already sent it to you.

EDIT:
We should create a group really now :D

Guys those who participated please post yours here, I'm really having trouble with the reps. Should we remove the anonymity? Or not?

I'll be adding a condition too:
After the result is announced, all participants must post their entry on the Result Thread, or else will he/she will be disqualified

For the rep purposes.

i don't get it.. :/

Reactions: Moy
Level 23
i don't get it.. :/

Deal with it. :ogre_datass:

Edit: Here's mine.

Daniela, The Holy Mage
History

HolyMage.jpg

HolyMageImage.jpg
[rainbow]She was young when she manifested summoning and manipulating Holy Magics, After that she was sent to Dalaran for further study. Each passing day her interest about Holy Magics grew and grew and found it very natural to her. Unlike the others who were focusing on arcane arts. She was one of the few mages who study Holy magics, the others find it not interesting and boring. After studying and knowing more about Holy Magic, she started to perform it with her hard work as a result she performed well like nobody able to matched her. But after the fallen prince devour the city, she was one of the few survivors of the onslaught. Now, she will use her magics against her most hated enemy the Undead and the only reason why she manage to join the Sentinels is to avenge her proud homeland.. Her magics will fire up the battlefield making beneficial to her allies and deadly against her foes.[/rainbow][rainbow][/rainbow]

Hero Details:
Attributes:
Base Damage: 35 - 41
Attack Range: 600 (Ranged)
Attack Rate: 1.70 (Based on DotA)
Projectile: Spirit Dragon Missile
Defense Base: 4
Movement of Speed: 280
Soundset: Jaina
strength.jpg
Strenght - 17+1.80

intelligence-c.jpg
Intelligence - 23+3.20

agility.jpg
Agility - 19+1.00

[COLOR="gold"

[COLOR="gold"

[COLOR="gold"

[COLOR="gold"

Heaven's Curse[/COLOR]]
Heaven'sCurse.jpg

Area of Effect: 1
Mana Cost: 125 mana
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10 sec.
Casting Range: 500 range

[rainbow] Calls a burning light from heaven that strikes the target enemy unit damaging them and slowing their movement of speed for a short period of time.[/rainbow]

Level 1: Deals 90 damage and slowing their movement of speed by 20% for over 3 seconds.

Level 2: Deals 130 damage and slowing their movement of speed by 25% for over 3 seconds.

Level 3: Deals 150 damage and slowing their movement of speed by 30% for over 4 seconds.

Level 4: Deals 180 damage and slowing their movement of speed by 35% for over 4 seconds.
Holy Protection[/COLOR]]
DivineProtection.jpg

Mana Cost: 90 mana
Cooldown: 30/30/25/25 sec.
Casting Range: 450 range

[rainbow]Creates a divine protection to an ally target unit giving them bonus armor and regenerating their health faster than normal. Last 10 seconds.[/rainbow]

Level 1: Giving them 1 bonus armor and 5% faster health regeneration.

Level 2: Giving them 2 bonus armor and 10% faster health regeneration..

Level 3: Giving them 3 bonus armor and 15% faster health regeneration.

Level 4: Giving them 4 bonus armor and 20% faster health regeneration.
Gleaming Body[/COLOR]]
GleamingBody.jpg

Mana Cost: 0 mana
Cooldown: 0 sec.
Casting Range: 0 range

[rainbow] Using the power of the light, Daniela's body will start to glow. When she is attacked, there will be a chance to blind the attacker for a short period of time.[/rainbow]

Level 1: Gives her 25% chance to blind the attacker, giving them 30% chance to miss their attack for over 4 seconds.

Level 2: Gives her 25% chance to blind the attacker, giving them 35% chance to miss their attack for over 4 seconds.

Level 3: Gives her 25% chance to blind the attacker, giving them 40% chance to miss their attack for over 5 seconds.

Level 4: Gives her 25% chance to blind the attacker, giving them 45% chance to miss their attack for over 5 seconds.
Light Burst[/COLOR]]
LightBlast.jpg

Area of Effect: 125
Mana Cost: 250 mana
Cooldown: 120/110/100 sec.
Casting Range: 1200 range

[rainbow]Channels a powerful pure light energies in front of her for over 3 seconds, after the channeling time, the Holy Mage releases a destructive beam of light in a straight line from her damaging all enemy unit it hits or healing ally unit it hits but the damage/heal is reduced for each other target hit.
Special Effect: When an enemy unit is hit by Light Burst while under the effect of Heaven's Curse the beam will deal more damage.[/rainbow]

Level 1: Deals 200 damage to enemy units and heals 200 hitpoints to ally units, the beam travels 1300 range. The damage/heal is reduced by 20% for each other target hit.
Special Effect: When an enemy unit is hit by Light Burst while under the effect of Heaven's Curse the beam will deal 15% more damage.

Level 2: Deals 250 damage to enemy units and heals 250 hitpoints to ally units, the beam travels 1400 range. The damage/heal is reduced by 15% for each other target hit.
Special Effect: When an enemy unit is hit by Light Burst while under the effect of Heaven's Curse the beam will deal 20% more damage.

Level 3: Deals 300 damage to enemy units and heals 300 hitpoints to ally units, the beam travels 1500 range. The damage/heal is reduced by 10% for each other target hit.
Special Effect: When an enemy unit is hit by Light Burst while under the effect of Heaven's Curse the beam will deal 25% more damage.

Aghanims Scepter Upgrade
Aghanims.jpg
[rainbow]* The damage/heal will deal more damage from 200/250/300 to 250/300/350.
* The damage/heal reduction is reduced from 20%/15%/10% to 15%/10%/5%.
* Cooldown: From 120/110/100 seconds to 90/80/70 seconds.
* Mana Cost: From 250 mana to 190 mana.
* Area of Effect: From 125 to 150.[/rainbow]

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Mine. I've already been given +4 by Nightmare during this though ^^

00Fpx-5f95b5a0-18f4-421c-9dab-a4f8fc5630d5.png

2uzb4hh.jpg

Emotion
The nameless

'The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.' - Emotion
On a supposedly ordinary day, no different from any other. A merchant and his wife found above ten human bodies laying just by the main road on scorched ground. Most of the clothes on the bodes seemed to had burned down to ashes but simple weapons lied randomly around most of the bodies. Upon closer investigation there was three bodies who stood out, two of the bodies lied seeming to hug each other. And then the most odd corpse was just behind them.. the corpse was burning.. with purple flames.. but yet alive.

The incident was later on considered a simple robbery. However the burned child, who somehow didn't seem to be hurt at all other than just being exhausted. The merchant who found the boy decided to take care of the 'miracle child' and then send him away once he was at proper age. 'Proper age' was very soon though. The child had not even seen ten summers before he was sent away to become a soldier in the army.

Even without wealthy parents nor any experience in the army, the young man quickly climbed the ranks within the army. After merely a few years he was offered being trained as a Priest since a Bishop saw talent in him. This was an easy decision for him, he gladly accepted and underwent his training.

During the first years of his training, his potential seemed to be at a level of its own. However, things didn't come out as expected. Even though his abilities was extraordinary, his connection with the light was just about the lowest a priest ever had. Several famous mages from all over the world were called to research in the odd matter, but none seemed to be able to give accurate answers. Even though a few vague hypotheses were created.

After several years of serving, the now adult orphan was sent on his first field missions to help our with healing injured and performing holy rituals to those who had passed away. However, each time he saw a battlefield he got furious, so many dead people slaughtered. It was just a grim reminder of what happened to his deceased parents in the incident long ago. Unexpectedly his anger consumed him, and once more purple flames surrounded him. He walked away from the camp, straight towards the enemy army frontlines, that day he killed countless people in blind anger. All the remained in his path after on night, was ashes from the corpses of those who dared to stand against him.

Due his actions, his rank of a priest was removed without trial. However, he was treated as a war hero ever since, and came to be known as Emotion. Emotion choose to abandon humanity, since he now knew, there is always darkness in peoples' hearts. Now he only serves himself, and no one else.

Damage Base - 0
Attack Range -
Attack Rate - 650
Projectile - Abilities\Weapons\BlackKeeperMissile\BlackKeeperMissile.mdl or Abilities\Weapons\SorceressMissile\SorceressMissile.mdl depending on mind state.
Movement Speed - 300
Str - 10
Int - 22
Agi - 14
Armor - 2

Q

W

Unexpected tab 3

E

R

icons_10422_btn.jpg

Rage - No Target, on/off
Mana - 10/9/8
Cooldown - 1 second
By giving in to anger he deals heavy damage to all nearby enemies. However his damage taken is increased as well. Deals 10% bonus damage if the target(s) are affected by Hatred.

icons_8715_btn.jpg

Peace - Target Unit
Mana - 60/55/50
Cooldown - 16/14/12 seconds
By bringing peace to others, Emotion can cleanse his target from all debuffs and negative effects. Additionally 5% of the target's max mana and hit points is restored.

icons_10828_btn.jpg

Hatred - Target Ground
Mana - 100/90/80
Cooldown - 11/9/7
All enemies within a certain area of choice are lift into the air and strangulated by Emotion's hatred. They take damage each second of the duration of spell, the damage is based on the max mana of the caster. The effect lasts for 1/2/3 seconds.

icons_9019_btn.jpg

Love - No Target Activate
Mana - 30/25/20
Cooldown - 5/4/3
Every allied unit close to Emotion gains a percentage of Emotion's total hp/armor/movement speed for a short time.
icons_12977_pas.jpg

icons_13591_pas.jpg

Pride - Passive
Mana - Null
Cooldown - Null
The emotion pride comes with self confidence. Pride gives Emotion bonus armor, health and damage.

icons_5155_btn.jpg

Humility - Target Unit
Mana - no cost
Cooldown - 60 seconds
By showing humility to his enemies instead of killing them, Emotion converts a non-hero unit to be unable to attack any of his allies. The unit also gives vision for Emotion. Only units bellow 20% may be a target of this spell.

icons_16495_btn.jpg

Mind State - No Target Activate
Mana - No cost
Cooldown - 5 seconds
By controlling his own feelings, Emotion can cast different spells depending on his current mind state. By using this ability his mind state switch from Dark to Light and vice versa depending on his current state.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I'm back!
But I don't have internet at home right now, so I will have a really hard time to host.

Also, guys we have a problem with the reputation. Can you guys post your entries here? For the sake of the rep. I'll be posting mine here.

Hey there. Did you dispel the typhoon? :))

Level 10
Here's mine:

Jollinar, the tainted Zealot

icons_6453_btn.jpg

Jollinar.jpg

Jollinar was born with a shinig future. As the child of two high rank members of the Order of Light, she was ment to become a glorious champion of the Order. She was trained hard and became a strong fighter as a novice, already. But everything changed at the day of her Initiation. This was the day every novice trained for, and the whole Order was expecting Jollinar to pass the Ritual, which included her first fight against a demon. In this fight Jollinar was wounded and suddenly lost control, and a dark aura started to erupt from her. This also was the moment her father showed his true form, as he was corrupted by demons many years before Jollinar's birth and since then was a demonic agent in the Order's ranks. Wreaking havoc he fled, killing many members of the Order, including Jollinar's mother. After this events Jollinar was cast out of the Order, and sent into exile, as she also was corrupted by the demons and thus could never be a member of the Order. Many years have passed since then, and Jollinar continued to train her control over the holy powers of the Order but also learned to use the dark forces that slumber inside her. Now she is ready to fight, but on which side? Will she forgive the Order and fight with them against the Scrouge or will she take vengance?

Hero Model: Unbroken Sage, by dickxunder
Hero Icon:BTNUnbrokenSage, by dickxunder
Hero Sound Set: HeroWarden
Hero Range: 125 (Meele)
Damage Base: 48 - 56 (already includes starting strength)
Attack Cooldown: 1.70 (apparently every hero in DotA has this as base attack cooldown. Source: playdota.com)
Defense Base: 2
Movement Speed Base: 300

StrengthAgilityIntelligence
24 + 2.320 + 1.417 + 1.8

Light from Above

Zealot's Sacrifice

Selfless Intervention

Dark Heritage (Ultimate) (Passive)

icons_13215_btn.jpg

Target: AoE | Range: 400 | AoE-Radius: 500 | Duration: 7/8/9/10 | Cooldown: 20/19/18/17 | Manacost: 90/105/120/135
Damage type: Magic | Goes through magic immunity: No

Calling down the wrath of the high heavens Jollinar purges away the darkness, burning enemies that stay inside the light, dealing damage that increases with the duration. Also the high heavens blind enemies to protect Jollinar from their attacks when she is wounded.

Base Damage/second: 10/15/20/25
Maximum Miss chance: 22%/28%/34%/40%

• Deals damage every second, base damage is increased every consecutive second a unit stays in the AoE
    by 20% of the base damage, until the damage is doubled (after 5 seconds).
  • Maximal possible damage (when the target stays in the AoE for the full duration): 110/195/300/425
  • Stacking is reset once a unit leaves the AoE.
  • The miss chance starts at 0% and reaces its maximum when Jollinar is missing 50% or more of her maximum health.

Darkness Below (sub-Ability, unlocked by 'Dark Heritage', usable while 'Light from Above' is active)
icons_16323_btn.jpg
Target: Singletarget, Hero | Range: 600 | Duration: 5 | Cooldown: 4 | Manacost: 75
Goes through magic immunity: Yes

Jollinar rips open a dark rift below the targeted enemy, slowing it. While in the light the darkness' power is held back, but once the target leaves the light it is fully bound.

Movement Slow: 30%/40%/50%
Bind duration: 1.25/2.00/2.75

• Only targets inside the AoE of 'Light from Above' are valid.
  • The target is slowed while inside the AoE of 'Light from above', once it leaves the AoE the slow is removed but the target is bound (like Crystal Maiden's 'Frostbite').
  • The level of 'Darkness Below' is based on the level of 'Dark Heritage'.

icons_3302_btn.jpg

Target: none | Duration: 8 | Cooldown: 17/14/11/8 | Manacost: 40/50/60/70

Jollinar sacrifices a part of her own life to the high heavens to grant her more power and stengthen her zeal. Doing so she also brings herself closer to death, freeing more of her dark power.

Attack Speed increase: 18%/27%/36%/45%
Movement Speed increase: 12%
Maximum Damage increase: +35/+50/+65/+80

• Jollinar sacrifices 25 + ( 7.5% of her current health ) health when casting 'Zealot's Sacrifice'.
  • This ability is not ment to interrupt animations.
  • The Attack damage increase starts at 0 and reaches its maximum when Jollinar is missing 50% or more of her maximum health.

icons_15741_btn.jpg

Target: Singletarget, Hero | Range: 600 | Duration: 10 | Cooldown: 20/18/16/14 | Manacost: 90/100/110/120
Damage type: depents on initial source | Goes through magic immunity: No

Seeking absolution for her father's sins Jollinar protects an ally with her own life, partially redirecting damage done to the target directy to her. Getting weaker Jollinar is filled with anger, also dealing damage to nearby enemies around her.

Damage redirected from target: 20%
Maximum damage dealt: 20%/30%/40%/50%
Damage radius: 300

• The amount of damage done to close enemies starts at 0% of the damage redirected to Jollinar,
    and reaches its maximum when she is missing 50% or more of her maximum health.
  • The redirected damage is not lethal to Jollinar.
  • Example: Jollinar is at 50% health and has 'Selfless Intervention (lvl 4)'. The targeted ally is dealt 1000 damage,
    this means 200 damage is redirected to Jollinar (--> the ally takes only 800 damage) and enemies around her take 100 damage (50% of 200).

Maleficent Judgement (sub-Ability, unlocked by 'Dark Heritage', usable while 'Selfless Intervention' is active)
icons_621_btn.jpg
Target: Singletarget, Hero | Range: 600 | Duration: 6/8/10 | Cooldown: - | Manacost: 90
Damage type: Depending on initial source | Goes through magic immunity: Yes

Projecting the hatred Jollinar experienced when she was young onto her target she is able to make it feel the pain which she is taking on her from an ally. Some damage that is redirected from an ally to Jollinar by 'Selfless Intervention' is also done to the target of 'Maleficent Judgement'.

Damage dealt to target: 60%/75%/90%

• The damage effect of 'Maleficent Judgement' is suppresed while the target is within 300 range of Jollinar, the buff is NOT removed.
  • The damage is based on the damage that is redirected to Jollinar by 'Selfless Intervention'.
  • The level of 'maleficent Judgement is based on the level of 'Dark Heritage'.
  • 'Maleficent Judgement' is only usable once per usage of 'Selfless Intervention'.

icons_11768_pas.jpg

Target: Passive

When Jollinar becomes weak she's unable to fully hold back her dark side. Once her health is below the threshold she gets access to her demonic powers, allowing her to use the sub-abilities 'Darkness Below' and 'Maleficent Judgement'

Health threshold: 50%/55%/60% of maximum health.

• Leveling up 'Dark Heritage' also increases the level of both sub-ablities.
  • The status change 'above 50% health'/'below 50% health' should be acquired with a delay of e.g. 2 seconds to avoid constant enabling/disabling of the sub abilities. This means when Jollinar falls below 50% health after e.g. 2 seconds there should be checked if she still is below, only then the state is changed, and thus the sub-abilities become usable.

Demonic Aegis (Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade)
icons_13981_btn.jpg
Target: none | Duration: 8 | Cooldown: 120 | Manacost: -

Jollinar protects herself with a powerful demonic shield that absorbs any kind of incoming damage until its duration expires or capacity is reached. The shield capacity is increased by 3% for every 1% health Jollinar is missing when cast.

Base Shield capacity: 150

• When Aghanim's Scepter is picked up the passive icon of 'Dark Heritage' is hidden and replaced by 'Demonic Aegis'.
  • The maximal shield capacity is reached at 0% remaining health granting a shield that absorbs up to 600 (150 + 150 x 0.03 x 100 = 600) damage.

Level 23
Here's mine I guess?

Idealist Challenge #1 Entry
Dr. Aether : Electromagnetic Radiation Controlling Machine
HERO LORE
"As with the name, Dr. Aether was fascinated with the aspect of light and in its manipulation. Although little is known of this person's personal life, it has been told that he was born with the innate lust to kill. He was the source of chaos in his little town even when he was but a small child. There are times that he would be seen wandering in a field killing cattle with contraptions the townspeople have never before seen. This horrified the villagers to the point where they decided to lock him up in the dungeons.

Years later, he was released from imprisonment with the belief that he was cured of his insanity and lust for blood. He then lived in a hillside house but he remained isolated from the town. Little did the townspeople known that Dr. Aether was once again up to no good. After years of research, experimentation and prototype creation, Dr. Aether finally perfected the ultimate killing machine. Meant to destroy and kill everything in its path, the Electromagnetic Radiation Controlling Machine or EMRCM, with Dr. Aether suited within it, has now been unleashed upon the world of mortals."
HERO DETAILS
ATTRIBUTES
Other Models Stuff:Hero Glow
Hero Range:600 (Range)
Hero Projectile:TC'ed Energy Bolt
Hero Sound Set:Raspy Voice
Damage Base:30-35
Attack Cooldown:1.65
Defense Base:2
Movement Speed Base:285
strength.jpg
Strength-15 + 1.1
intelligence-c.jpg
Intelligence-27 + 3.0
agility.jpg
Agility-21 + 1.7
SPELLS

Photothermal Deflection (First Skill)

Photon Beam (Second Skill)

Refraction (Third Skill)

Unexpected tab 4

Gamma Ray Burst (Fourth Skill)

Photothermal Deflection (No Target, Self)

Bends the visible light around the EMRCM, rendering it invisible and undetectable by true sight or any other reveals. If the EMRCM moves, it will become slightly visible. If the EMRCM takes any damage or runs out of power (mana), the cloak will vanish.

Level 1- Drains 10% of total mana per second.
Level 2- Drains 7% of total mana per second.
Level 3- Drains 5% of total mana per second.
Level 4- Drains 3% of total mana per second.

Attacking and spell casting are disabled while under the cloak. The EMRCM cannot be targeted while under full cloaking and can only take damage from AoE skills and attacks. However the EMRCM can be targeted if semi-invisible.

Cooldown Upon Deactivation: 10 seconds

Photon Beam (Point or Unit Target, AoE)

Charges for a few seconds and releases a photon beam that can destroy trees and severely damage enemy units in its path. Learning this skill allows you to use two extra skills as well.

Level 1- 2 seconds charge time, 100 damage, 150 AoE, 800 line distance.
Level 2- 1.5 seconds charge time, 150 damage, 175 AoE, 900 line distance.
Level 3- 1 second charge time, 200 damage, 200 AoE, 1000 line distance.
Level 4- 1 second charge time, 250 damage, 225 AoE, 1100 line distance.

Affected enemy units suffer pure damage and blindness for a second.

Casting Range: 600 units
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Mana Cost: 150

Switch (Extra Skill A)Flash Bomb (Extra Skill A.1)
prbAkTmgi5ZE.jpg

Siege Mode (Toggled Ability)

Switches the EMRCM to siege mode, giving it the ability "Flash Bomb", however it also disables movement and normal attack.
2jdDVUAV48m5.jpg

Mobile Mode (Toggled Ability)

Switches the EMRCM back to mobile mode, regaining movement and normal attack.

Flash Bomb (Point Target, AoE)

Launches a specialized bomb shell towards the target area, detonating upon impact. Deals trice as much as your base damage and causes enemy units to suffer blindness (Miss on all attacks) for 0.75 second. The further the target is, the more delayed your shell from reaching its target.

Cooldown: 5 seconds cooldown,
Maximum Cast Range: 1800 units
Minimum Cast Range: 300 units
Damage and Blindness AoE: 200 units

Can only be used while in siege mode. Although damage is based on your base damage, the type of damage dealt is magic. Every 300 unit distance between the launch point and target will increase the shell's travel time by 0.10 second.

Refraction (Passive, Self)

Whenever the EMRCM takes damage, a small percentage of the damage will be reflected to a random enemy unit within Dr. Aether's attack range.

Level 1- 20% of attack damage, 10% spell damage. 1 enemy.
Level 2- 30% of attack damage, 15% spell damage. 2 enemies.
Level 3- 40% of attack damage, 20% spell damage. 3 enemies.
Level 4- 50% of attack damage, 25% spell damage. 4 enemies.
[/tab]

Gamma Ray Burst (Unit or Point Target, AoE)

Dr. Aether, with the help of the EMRCM summons down a gamma ray burst to strike the target point. Any enemy unit directly under that point will be vaporized immediately. Enemy units within the vicinity will suffer moderate damage, a 1.5 second stun followed by a 2 second blindness.

Level 1- 200 vicinity damage.
Level 2- 385 vicinity damage.
Level 3- 435 vicinity damage.

There will be a 3 second delay before the gamma ray deals the damage. Allies will see a marker on the target point and the enemy will see a faint glow. Instant death AoE is 100 units around the target point. Damage area is 500 units around the target point.

Casting Range: 1800
Cooldown: 145 seconds/120 seconds/95 seconds
Mana Cost: 350/400/450

Why are we posting this again? I don't feel like reading posts right now. xd

Status
Not open for further replies.