• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Idealists Challenge #3 "Sci-Fi" - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
idealists.jpg

challenge.jpg
3.jpg

Sci_fi.jpg

RESULTS

Judging: (Take note that Sylvie dropped out as a judge) And yeah, Paillan's score for the balance for Zero, Hunter Seeker is 22 I forgot to change it and yet too lazy.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=2z4imc

OVERVIEW

COMMENTS

202808-albums7943-picture94242.png

Idealist Challenge #3

Judged Entry:
the ROCKET

Entry Author:
Mythic

Judged by:
Paillan

CRITERIONSCORECONCEPT4/10LORE8/10PRESENTATION14/15MECHANICS18/20COMPLEXITY18/20BALANCE20/25TOTAL82/100

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

[tr]

CONCEPT

LORE

PRESENTATION

MECHANICS

COMPLEXITY

BALANCE

10 POINTS

Is the hero idea valid with the chosen theme? Is the concept original and/or well modified? 10 POINTS

Guardians of the galaxy! Not original idea if you ask me but fits well with the concept that the hero was supposed to have.
4/10

10 POINTS

Is the lore compatible with the hero? Does the lore paint a clear picture of the hero?
Is the lore specific enough in terms of origin of the hero?
Does the lore fit with the overall map theme lore?

The story is a bit boring and with an end that you can foresee. However, the lore does make a clear paint of the hero, it’s origins but there’s no reason WHY he ended up fighting in DotA, or what ever map is like DotA. Also since the lore was not so original that was actually discounted in the concept area not in this, because this area did not cover lore originality.
8/10

15 POINTS

Are the hero stats, attributes, abilities, lore and other shown in a clean, readable user interface (UI)?
Did the author use enough graphic material to represent his or her hero idea to the fullest?

Nice presentation! It lacked attack speed though, so you loose one point there!
14/15

20 POINTS

How does the hero mechanics work with each other? Are the spells synergistic between each other?
How difficult this hero's play style would seem for an average player?

Hit and run, chase and run, kill and run, trap and kill. That’s how I resumed your hero. Spells are nice and easy and have good synergy, the ultimate though could become a bit difficult to use at 100% power for a new player due to it’s angle variation of damage.
18/20

20 POINTS

Are the hero mechanics as complex as necessary?
Does the complexity level of the hero provide fun and interesting gameplay? If yes, why?

The hero is not complex at all, pretty simple and yeah would be fun to play, trapping you enemies and them dooming them under your shoots until they die and them run. Yeah perhaps too simple, but the ultimate makes it more complex and so you get a nice score here.
18/20

25 POINTS

Is the hero balanced for the chosen map theme?
Are the abilities, stats or attributes shown break the balance in some way?
Is the hero in a playable state as described or it needs rework?
If yes, what needs to be changed and why?

Heck this guy has an easy task. He can easily become feed and abuse a lot of his attack speed bonus and his retreat spells, alongside with CD remove for kill, he can become almost unstoppable.
20/25

OVERVIEW

COMMENTS

Idealist Challenge #3

Judged Entry:
Galacta Ray, the Starlight Piratess

Entry Author:
Apheraz Lucent

Judged by:
Paillan

CRITERIONSCORECONCEPT10/10LORE10/10PRESENTATION13/15MECHANICS15/20COMPLEXITY15/20BALANCE20/25TOTAL83/100

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

[tr]

CONCEPT

LORE

PRESENTATION

MECHANICS

COMPLEXITY

BALANCE

10 POINTS

Is the hero idea valid with the chosen theme? Is the concept original and/or well modified? 10 POINTS

Perfectly made concept, fits very nicely with the theme! Nice work!
10/10

10 POINTS

Is the lore compatible with the hero? Does the lore paint a clear picture of the hero?

Fantastic lore, had everything one needs when reading something, except romance, but screw romance anyway. Also including an explanation of why she is in DotA is perfect.
10/10

15 POINTS

Are the hero stats, attributes, abilities, lore and other shown in a clean, readable user interface (UI)?
Did the author use enough graphic material to represent his or her hero idea to the fullest?

The presentation is a bit big to the eyes and lacks attack speed. Other than that is nice.

13/15

20 POINTS

How does the hero mechanics work with each other? Are the spells synergistic between each other?

The spells got a pretty good synergy but heck are they complicated to use, specially the third one, no newbie could use this hero.
15/20

20 POINTS

Does the complexity level of the hero provide fun and interesting gameplay? If yes, why?

Both second and third spell require hard triggering and are a bit to complex for what they do. The hero may become frustrating to play with due to a complex way of landing skills properly.
15/20

25 POINTS

Area silence, bonus damage that stacks, teleporting yourself in front of a running enemy, high attack speed boost. This hero is as hard to beat as the water temple.
20/25

OVERVIEW

COMMENTS

Idealist Challenge #3

Judged Entry:
Zero, Hunter Seeker

Entry Author:
sentrywiz

Judged by:
Paillan

CRITERIONSCORECONCEPT7/10LORE8/10PRESENTATION15/15MECHANICS17/20COMPLEXITY17/20BALANCE25/25TOTAL89/100

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

[tr]

CONCEPT

LORE

PRESENTATION

MECHANICS

COMPLEXITY

BALANCE

10 POINTS

The concept fits the futuristic idea, but is ridiculous. Plane travelling robots? Magic and space are hard to fit together and I guess your story lacked something.
7/10

10 POINTS

The lore does not exactly explain why he wanted this magic power or why he left his planet, the rest is okay I guess, but a bit dull if you ask me.
8/10

15 POINTS

PERFECT. Heck, you even added an DotA build for your hero! I considered for a long while if I should give you an extra point for this, but at the end I decided not to do so for reasons.

15/15

20 POINTS

Spell combo W+R+Q+Q+Q and that is all. The hero is pretty easy to use, and hard to disable, but it may take time to master it’s complete potential.
17/20

20 POINTS

The hero is kinda too simple, not so fun to play as it always uses the W+R+Q combo, and nothing else.
17/20

25 POINTS

Pretty much perfect balance, it’s a hero that can get feed but won’t have it so easy to do so, and also can keep himself in pretty decent state during the whole game.
25/25

OVERVIEW

COMMENTS

Idealist Challenge #3

Judged Entry:
Lightbringer

Entry Author:
GreeN!X

Judged by:
Paillan

CRITERIONSCORECONCEPT5/10LORE6/10PRESENTATION14/15MECHANICS17/20COMPLEXITY17/20BALANCE22/25TOTAL81/100

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

[tr]

CONCEPT

LORE

PRESENTATION

MECHANICS

COMPLEXITY

BALANCE

10 POINTS

NO. No, no no no no. The idea matches futuristc yes, but really? Uther? Humans making suits that use brain? Sounds like to much technology if you ask me. Even if they had help from the dwarf.
7/10

10 POINTS

The lore is dull. Nothing interesting to see, it’s compatible and all that seriously... it’s to fantastic.
6/10

15 POINTS

I guess it’s okay, you may had add an item build though.

14/15

20 POINTS

Mechanics are defense and defense and more defense. Still may be difficult to use this hero for the first time, specially defender stasis.
17/20

20 POINTS

I think the mechanics are a bit to over complex as they rely a lot in area’s and hero’s stats. Also may provide an average game fun, for people that like to protect others, also pretty much no one.
17/20

25 POINTS

Men THAT tankyness! I find it rather to much, maybe it’s because I haven’t played dota in a while.
22/25

OVERVIEW

COMMENTS

Idealist Challenge #3

Judged Entry:
Outlander

Entry Author:
bajaist

Judged by:
Paillan

CRITERIONSCORECONCEPT7/10LORE4/10PRESENTATION14/15MECHANICS15/20COMPLEXITY15/20BALANCE20/25TOTAL75/100

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

[tr]

CONCEPT

LORE

PRESENTATION

MECHANICS

COMPLEXITY

BALANCE

10 POINTS

Concept is pretty much valid although there’s not much originality in it. The idea of space travelling heroes is pretty much common.
7/10

10 POINTS

The lore is... short. It does not explain his origins and also gives very poor information about the hero and lacks mostly reasons why the hero is so desperate to stop the war.
4/10

15 POINTS

Has almost anything you could ask for, maybe an item build would had been nice.

14/15

20 POINTS

<Difficult to use. Specially the wormhole thing is pretty much very difficult to master, along side with being drones a not so strong spell.
15/20

20 POINTS

COMPLEX. The wormhole is specially complex, rather unnecessary in it’s complexion, sharing all spells in both sides makes it... extreme.
15/20

25 POINTS

Being able to re target most spells is OP. Converting your ultimate in an everlasting passive is OP. Being able to global range stuff is TOO OP.
20/25

OVERVIEW

COMMENTS

Idealist Challenge #3

Judged Entry:
Huron Bloodhoof, the Timewanderer

Entry Author:
jopi

Judged by:
Paillan

CRITERIONSCORECONCEPT10/10LORE8/10PRESENTATION12/15MECHANICS16/20COMPLEXITY17/20BALANCE22/25TOTAL85/100

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

[tr]

CONCEPT

LORE

PRESENTATION

MECHANICS

COMPLEXITY

BALANCE

10 POINTS

One of the best made concept there was in all entries.
10/10

10 POINTS

The lore is good but falls back as it does not explain why he is so fond to his ancestors
8/10

15 POINTS

600 is not melee range! Apart from that pretty much neat.

12/15

20 POINTS

the mechanics fit so and so... the ultimate is a bit out of concept though. The hero’s difficult may be average, as he has to land his skills very precise to get the most effects.
16/20

20 POINTS

The mechanics get quite complex with temporal trace. Would be very fun to play and master though.
17/20

25 POINTS

Temportal trace allows for multi stun a lot of times the same target! With the area damage of relative matrix and the repositioning, this hero is quite powerfull, but still balanced as it takes a lot of aim to get all this together.
22/25

The others will come soon (mine and Sclammerz) , mine is a document file. I'm so lazy for bbcodes. (Sorry)

Results:

I. Scores Recap
202025-albums7692-picture96805.png

II. Judge Average
202025-albums7692-picture96802.png

III. Poll Average
202025-albums7692-picture96803.png

IV. Total Scores
202025-albums7692-picture96804.png

WINNERS:
First - Apheraz Lucent
Second - jopi
Third - Green!x

Last edited:
Level 6
Congrats to the winners, when they will be available for download ??
i need to see that wormhole ability ^^

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I totally forgot about this IC contest.

And I see again that ~Nightmare's hack math beat my ranking.

FYI (i'm salty, even though I forgot about the contest)

Judge Scores:
86 + 94 + 83 = 263 (First Place)
86 + 88 + 95 = 269 (Me)

So the poll added enough points so that I drop of top 3 and Apheraz to climb to #1?

Yep, its totally not up to her reputation on the hive and friends voting.
Nope, not at all. All fair here.

I'm totally bitter. I would blame my lack or graphical skills, but its not that.
My concept idea is great, even my presentation is awesome.

Curse you ~Nightmare I will have my revenge... somehow.
I'll send you trojans on email. Please install them so I can feel better. :p

Level 30
~Nightmare, where's your scoring?

Btw, noticed the other mods about contest, we'll see if the awards are handled on our own or with their help.

sentrywiz, I hope that was a very lame attempt of being humorous, because it isn't funny in any way possible. If you're going to accuse me of anything, direct it at me, don't fly around the city.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

sentrywiz, I hope that was a very lame attempt of being humorous, because it isn't funny in any way possible. If you're going to accuse me of anything, direct it at me, don't fly around the city.

EDIT:

The trojan-email thing is funny to me. Not my problem if you don't find it funny.

I can't blame or accuse you of anything. But you have unfair advantage of being well known on hive, both in reputation and as a Mod.
You had a clear advantage over some of us not so known or not so friendly people. I suspect you got that awesome public score because
of your reputation rather than your entry.

IMO, your entry is the worst of all the entries.

But its not your fault. And you don't have to take my message seriously.
I'm a sore loser because this happened to me at the last IC as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Congratz to teh winner and to evarybody!

I can't blame or accuse you of anything. But you have unfair advantage of being well known on hive, both in reputation and as a Mod.
You had a clear advantage over some of us not so known or not so friendly people. I suspect you got that awesome public score because
of your reputation rather than your entry.

I was there for you! I guess if more people voted it would be more fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.