• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Idealists Challenge 3 - Sci Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So, are we suppose to give the results the same day? I am sorry for all this questions, I just want to make sure it's not/or it's like my latin wacraft 3 forum. In which judging may take months. Don't worry though, my challenge had been always had their score the a few hours later of the deadline.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
So this is still going, right?

What's the meaning of this rule:
You may not use an idea that's been written down before the contest starts.
Is this the case even if we re-write everything from scratch? I mean, I make it a habit to write everything down (idea-wise), so I don't forget it... And what if parts of the idea have been written down, but not the whole thing in one cohesive package?

*scratches head*

Is this the case even if we re-write everything from scratch? I mean, I make it a habit to write everything down (idea-wise), so I don't forget it... And what if parts of the idea have been written down, but not the whole thing in one cohesive package?
Updated to fully written down.

Now that I think of it, do we actually need this rule?
@Nightmare, okay then.

Level 30
Judges are supposed to post their results to Arena Mod (since the contest host is participating and therefore unable to see and post the results before official launch),(come to think of that, do we have an Arena Mod ever since Phar's remake of Arena, really), and the Arena mod will post results as soon as the poll is closed and all judges post their results.

There isn't a time limit, but it's up to your own kindness and common sense to make it as quick as possible. Delaying judges do no one no good :razz:

Also, judges can communicate between each other in order to exchange opinions about a certain entry, re-evaluate one, fill up the field they lack experience or knowledge at, but are not allowed to exchange their scoring at any point. Judges are also allowed to vote in the poll too I believe if they find an entry of extreme quality and therefore decide to give an extra vote point, however, you'd better avoid it, as people can get really childish about that, you wouldn't even believe.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Updated to fully written down.

Now that I think of it, do we actually need this rule?
@Nightmare, okay then.
Thanks.

It's not that you don't need the rule; but it is a bit trickier. In most other Contests, you can simply say "no previous work allowed"; because all of them involve having 'work' done in the Editor. This kind of Contest is unfortunately unique, though; how fully realized can an idea be.not be?

Not sure there's a good way to mandate that, honestly.

Level 23
DONE! Phew, good thing I found the time to do this thing. :3

To anyone who thinks it's too imba, pls take out your calculators first and do some math. Yes, he may accumulate over 5000 HP, His REFLECT SHIELD might block 125 damage at that point BUT it will take him AT LEAST 40 minutes to do so. If you whine about items granting him a ton of the HP he needs (Heart O' Tarrasque), just take into account how hard it will be for him to farm with that skill set and with that slow attack speed.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Yes we have a template for judging.

But I've edited it, it looks like this.

OVERVIEW

COMMENTS

202808-albums7943-picture94242.png

Idealist Challenge #3

Judged Entry:
<JEntry>

Entry Author:
<EAuthor>

Judged by:
<Judge>

CRITERIONSCORECONCEPT<S_Concept>LORE<S_Lore>PRESENTATION<S_Present>MECHANICS<S_Mecha>COMPLEXITY<S_Complex>BALANCE<S_Balance>TOTAL<S_Total>

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

[tr]

CONCEPT

LORE

PRESENTATION

MECHANICS

COMPLEXITY

BALANCE

10 POINTS

Is the hero idea valid with the chosen theme? Is the concept original and/or well modified? 10 POINTS

<C_Concept>
<S_Concept>/10

10 POINTS

Is the lore compatible with the hero? Does the lore paint a clear picture of the hero?
Is the lore specific enough in terms of origin of the hero?
Does the lore fit with the overall map theme lore?

<C_Lore>
<S_Lore>/10

15 POINTS

Are the hero stats, attributes, abilities, lore and other shown in a clean, readable user interface (UI)?
Did the author use enough graphic material to represent his or her hero idea to the fullest?

<C_Present>

<S_Present>/15

20 POINTS

How does the hero mechanics work with each other? Are the spells synergistic between each other?
How difficult this hero's play style would seem for an average player?

<C_Mecha>
<S_Mecha>/20

20 POINTS

Are the hero mechanics as complex as necessary?
Does the complexity level of the hero provide fun and interesting gameplay? If yes, why?

<C_Complex>
<S_Complex>/20

25 POINTS

Is the hero balanced for the chosen map theme?
Are the abilities, stats or attributes shown break the balance in some way?
Is the hero in a playable state as described or it needs rework?
If yes, what needs to be changed and why?

<C_Balance>
<S_Balance>/25

I'll use it for the Application I'm developing called "Idealist Challenge Judging Tool" lol

Level 23
Yes we have a template for judging.

But I've edited it, it looks like this.

OVERVIEW

COMMENTS

202808-albums7943-picture94242.png

Idealist Challenge #3

Judged Entry:
<JEntry>

Entry Author:
<EAuthor>

Judged by:
<Judge>

CRITERIONSCORECONCEPT<S_Concept>LORE<S_Lore>PRESENTATION<S_Present>MECHANICS<S_Mecha>COMPLEXITY<S_Complex>BALANCE<S_Balance>TOTAL<S_Total>

[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]

[tr]

[COLOR=#7A85FF

[COLOR=#7AD3FF

[COLOR=#7AFFF8

[COLOR=#7AFF8E

[COLOR=#F4FF7A

[COLOR=#FFC67A

CONCEPT[/COLOR]]

10 POINTS

Is the hero idea valid with the chosen theme? Is the concept original and/or well modified? 10 POINTS

<C_Concept>
<S_Concept>/10

LORE[/COLOR]]

10 POINTS

Is the lore compatible with the hero? Does the lore paint a clear picture of the hero?
Is the lore specific enough in terms of origin of the hero?
Does the lore fit with the overall map theme lore?

<C_Lore>
<S_Lore>/10

PRESENTATION[/COLOR]]

15 POINTS

Are the hero stats, attributes, abilities, lore and other shown in a clean, readable user interface (UI)?
Did the author use enough graphic material to represent his or her hero idea to the fullest?

<C_Present>

<S_Present>/15

MECHANICS[/COLOR]]

20 POINTS

How does the hero mechanics work with each other? Are the spells synergistic between each other?
How difficult this hero's play style would seem for an average player?

<C_Mecha>
<S_Mecha>/20

COMPLEXITY[/COLOR]]

20 POINTS

Are the hero mechanics as complex as necessary?
Does the complexity level of the hero provide fun and interesting gameplay? If yes, why?

<C_Complex>
<S_Complex>/20

BALANCE[/COLOR]]

25 POINTS

Is the hero balanced for the chosen map theme?
Are the abilities, stats or attributes shown break the balance in some way?
Is the hero in a playable state as described or it needs rework?
If yes, what needs to be changed and why?

<C_Balance>
<S_Balance>/25

I'll use it for the Application I'm developing called "Idealist Challenge Judging Tool" lol

Thanks. I'll start judging when I got time, so many activities at school. :C

Level 30
I think it would be really fair from judges that, if they want, to overview the entry (not judge, as his entry is not complete (possible to also add "temp score" which won't be counted but will let him see how much would he score)) and to write their opinion about current progress of hero's skillset, lore and visuals.

This, of course, will be optional for each judge.
It can help him see what he might need some work on.
I think it's the fairest to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.