• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive's Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I need to get back to working on this.
And no, this has nothing to do with the symbols bug :p
Rui simply wants the old, full list hidden because it is his property and his choice.

Updated 'Who to Contact':
ip.gif
French & German speakers can contact Vengeancekael for help if they do not understand something.
[Warning: Use private messages, you are not allowed to speak a non-English language on the site!]
report.gif
We highly recommend you use the report function to report any problem.

images
Lurtz: I watching you...

Replicating a concept does not make it any less the original author's, just saying. There's no reason for this to be so important to the Hive? Like anyone here cares about digital history.
Then you probably don't care about this being taken up again if it's "so unimportant", right?

What changes do you suggest for "your concept" to make this work?
Simple answer: it's impossible, because this ain't anything you can own. The past of Hive's Staff is no concept or idea - it's information, history (as you pointed out yourself), nothing else.
Your way of displaying it, of arranging the information, may be considered "your work", but that's about it. You can't label something "your idea" if it's mere (gathering of) information.
Either be more specific about what really bothers you, or simply drop it already.

Level 35
Like anyone here cares about digital history.

Some do :smile: its credit to those who have done an amazing and note worthy job at Hive. and that goes for both former and current.

In fact thats part of the shame that the old is gone, since I do come in and look at it from time to time, so reminiscence about the good old days. I miss them, even if I know that lives go on. Same way I miss wc3sear.ch. :wink:

Not that I want to discuss it, just pointing it out:
What changes do you suggest for "your concept" to make this work?
Simple answer: it's impossible, because this ain't anything you can own. The past of Hive's Staff is no concept or idea - it's information, history (as you pointed out yourself), nothing else.

Learned from a course in copyright law I attended (somewhat to my surprise) that he can in fact own legal copyright over it - Not the information, but the format /setting/colors and if actually the first to do it: the idea of doing it :grin: But none the less, as I expressed in the beginning I hope to see the old return, with credits to Rui :smile:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Then you probably don't care about this being taken up again if it's "so unimportant", right?
You misunderstand. It is “important” to me. On the other hand, no one here gave it any real praise except ragingspeedhorn, who is gone.

I really do not want to have this discussion again. It was accorded that the staff list would be gone. Please do not push it up again or attempt to find workarounds.

(...) Not the information, but the format /setting/colors and if actually the first to do it: the idea of doing it (...)
That is accurate.
Which took me quite some work to put together (bold part).

I did not misunderstand, you failed to state your argument properly.

You once again use quotation marks for the essence of your statement.
This either means you are not really serious about it, or you can't find a proper way to define what you mean by saying it.

You are bound to have this discussion over and over again, until it actually bears the fruits you want to see. This thread exists for more than half a year now, which leads to several other assumptions, but it seems to be hardly worth the effort to elaborate on those.

Additionally, it's always about praise and recognition with you. That's really tiresome and repetitive. Stuck in a rut, are we?

Rui said:
It was accorded that the staff list would be gone.
That's like me saying I have a PhD in Theoretical Physics aswell as being an astronaut, having 15 children around the world who all work for Microsoft.
You are supposed to verify your statements with according measures.
Unless you can do that and the upper tiers of Staff decide on and disclose a verdict, there's absolutely no valid reason to delete this thread.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
* Was the question mark what's confusing? I think I stated just what I wanted to state: this isn't important to the Hive.
* Ignore the quotation marks if it makes it more understandable.
* I've had this discussion and it has bore the fruits I wanted to see: the list was removed. I have no quarrel with this thread as long as it doesn't become a (wannabe) replica. Is there any reason why you've suddenly gone on an arguing-for-the-sake-of-it frenzy?

Rui said:
Was the question mark what's confusing?
What question mark? You haven't used any.

Rui said:
I have no quarrel with this thread as long as it doesn't become a (wannabe) replica.
You'd have to point out what specifically bothers you about it, which I have stated 6 posts ago. This statement is more than vague.

Rui said:
why you've suddenly gone on an arguing-for-the-sake-of-it frenzy?
Implying I don't have a reason to have this discussion with you.
Using the word "frenzy" to exaggerate (mind that I have written two, with this, three, posts so far - hardly qualifies as "frenzy").
Really?

I've always been admin on this site, so I was not aware that as soon as a thread is closed, you cannot edit your post (or maybe I just forgot...), so I basically blocked Vengeancekael from applying further corrections and updates to this thread.
Therefore I have decided to clean up and re-open the thread.

I am hoping that this thread will be useful for years to come, therefore I hope that you will help me keep it clean.

Only post if you have corrections to make, otherwise it will grow significantly in the coming years.

I will be deleting posts that have nothing to do with maintaining this list.
This thread has been cleared of unnecessary conversations before.

Guess it's too hard to read the whole thread before posting, hm.
Figures.

@MasterTrainer
No, I just don't want to keep the conversation to continue, so, I will request Ralle for clean up, including my posts as well.

@MT and HM
I have modified my post accordingly, also, I'm requesting Ralle for quick clean up, since talking about pressure and others here can make this thread full, as Ralle stated, this thread can grow significantly if we post too much.

@All
Just talk about anything unrelated to the list in chat or other place, but not here, I don't want to make Ralle get more work.
I still remember Ralle posts here.

Notes :
I'm not subscribing here, but it appears on the Site Discussion, so I'm checking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.