• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Galaxy Editor Learning Curve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a lot of moaning and complaining, more moaning and complaining about the original moaning and complaining, and it's starting to irritate me.

Seriously. Stop trolling the forums just for that. If Blizzard wants to make it hard for you to spam the internet with crappy maps, they do it. Just because the editor is hard to master, and is not what you call "Izzy Sheet", then don't attempt it at all. GE is INDEED better than WE, but please. Do not call it a "Shit editor". It does what we wanted it to do. If you want it to be more simple, then use World Editor.

End of the line. Read tutorials or don't even bother running GE.

To finalize this, what Blizzard intended to do, is avoid spam and failmaps on the Battle.net. Making it hard is one of the ways to stop those maps.

No. Blizzard did not make the GE as a personal vendetta to all the irritating rick roll map makers out there. They made a more advanced tool to design maps.

It's a learn curve, obviously.
When you went from SC1 editor to the WC3 editor, you had a lot to learn, right?
I mean let's think of the differences every single editor Blizzard has had compared to the previous one.

1) New engines
2) More advanced tools
3) Better graphics
4) (Usually) Less laggy
5) More possibilities (with abilities, models (actors), etc).

All in all, a year from now, the GE will be your smex slave just as the WC3 editor was. There will always be noobs, and there will always be people on the THW forums answering all the nooby questions.

Stop complaining, and stop complaining about the complainers. Instead of wasting your time b*tching about everything you don't know about the editor, maybe try opening it, and learning something new with it.

I personally have been fiddling with triggers for the past 8 hours. I've made some breakthroughs, and I've also nearly pulled out chunks of my hair.

Having WC3 editor experience helps, but do not rely on that experience to get you through. After all, it's the Galaxy Editor, not the World Editor. Learn the difference.

Level 9
Please stop complaining about everything. These threads are useless and annoying. This thread is better than the one quoted in the OP, but still.

Can't a mod lock/delete these abominations?

Level 11
Please stop complaining about everything. These threads are useless and annoying. This thread is better than the one quoted in the OP, but still.

Can't a mod lock/delete these abominations?
I prefer these threads over constant threads asking how to do things that have not only been done before, but also have an insanely easy step by step tutorial for accomplishing said task that a gorilla could follow.

In any event, I advise aspiring galaxy editors to try and figure out how to do shit by yourself. I did it, and it worked out pretty damn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.