• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II Editor too hard for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I've been playing around with the Galaxy Editor for a while now, and from what I've seen while using it, I can assume that the whiners are only those who have short tempers and tried to do something to advanced for them from the start.
GUYS! Most people sucked at the World Editor when it first came out, but with time, we improved our skills, and look at some of the fantastic maps you see today!

Thats not the issue.. The issue is that one could even as a complete moron to the editor, create something with units and terrain that would work in WE, but one can't do that in the SC2 E. So like the before mentioned example, WE had a very very basic entrance and had a lot of hidden stuff as you advanced. Thats not how SC2 E works, instead it shows the hidden stuff from the start and thereby misses the "introduction" very basic level.

And all the complains about: "no sound, popularity, publicizing and so on" still remains.

Level 7
There are plenty of nice, simple things to do that can make the editor exponentially more inviting. I know they're diametrically opposed to the concept of a manual, but the possibility's always there, and really, if they can't be bothered, why should we?

I honestly don't understand this lack of a manual thing either because not only does Blizzard not release one but neither do any of the strategy guide publishers. I know for a fact that other games with more difficult editors such as Neverwinter Nights 2 have had editor books released for them so the lack of a SC2 editor guide really confuses me.

THAT is why i made this thread. You can't stand the editor? Then don't use it. It's made to be hard, and for hardcore modders. If you can't do it, then don't.

Honestly I don't think anyone cares about your opinion on the editor because quite frankly all you've done since you've started this thread is try to troll anyone critiquing the editor then follow up by flaming them when they talk about how the editor has a vast initial learning curve when trying to make something decently polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.