• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I have two points to raise, :)

Firstly, will the Hive be creating separate resource sections for Starcraft 2 Models, Skins, and Icons?

Second, has anyone begun creating any resources for Starcraft 2?

With Blizzard apparently releasing GE tomorrow with the reset, it would be nice to have some resources available for projects, particularly I am sure, RPGs and the like.

I saw somebody did a quite simple re-skin for the Protoss, but hopefully someone will come out with some models soon, if possible.

Level 12
I think models are going to be the least amount of things we have. We'll have waaaay more reskins and systems than models, simply because they're so hard to make now.

Level 11
I wanna point out that my stats are reset like every day including me getting some different name in the profile as part of the bugs, that Blizz say will fix. But I guess this is reset, not RESET.

Yeah I am having that happen too.

@alex, wow that guys looks really really nice, now I wish I had the tools and skill to model :(

I guess it will probably end up with people mostly only making models for projects they are in, as that guy is doing.

Level 12
Well, Blizzard mentioned publishing "mod packs" to their "Battle.Net Cloud" and then maps could just reference these models, and therefore just share one model file over many maps, extremely decreasing map size. It would work like referencing a model in the MPQ... Except instead of a filepath, it'd be like a link or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.