• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I was just browsing through the Starcraft II Resource section, and I saw there were so few SC2 resources.
Why is it we have almost no models, skins etc. for SC2 here on the hive, when we have so many resources for WC3?

Level 3
The problem is that the popularity system scared all the old modders from WC3 and and BW away due to not being able to even test their map online with strangers, and therefore the SC2 modding community never took of and has been a barren wasteland since a couple of months after the release of SC2.

The problem is that the popularity system scared all the old modders from WC3 and and BW away due to not being able to even test their map online with strangers, and therefore the SC2 modding community never took of and has been a barren wasteland since a couple of months after the release of SC2.
This. Plus they failed to release Art Tools with Wings of Liberty.

Level 1
Just waiting for the Art Tools and one could go public. A lot of stuff is being tested and works good, requires 3ds max 2011 strictly.

dIgh8T9.jpg

Gnoll_zpsedc982d1.gif

Units_ingametest_02.jpg

Undead_ingametest_01.jpg

arbiter_render3.jpg

SC1_Shield_Battery_render.jpg

Previewer_002.jpg

deviator.jpg

cuotl_heroes.jpg

snake.jpg

_storm_disc.jpg

castle.jpg

Source all: SC2Mapster

Level 21
I would be willing to completely move to SC2, but I am not willing to sell my life just to play a game, especially considering that there's still so many things to fix.
In a way it's like windows - They release a fancy new thing and then have to spend a year on fixing it before it can get any better than the previous.

Status
Not open for further replies.