• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Obscure Starcraft Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
It has been well over a decade since I first played starcraft. Hell, it's closer to 2 decades. And yet, I still have some unanswered questions that remain. And Starcraft II certainly brings up questions of its own.

To that end, I dedicate this thread to the posting of, discussion, and answering of obscure Starcraft questions. I'll start with a few of my own, things I'm deeply curious about all these years later. Be cautious, as spoilers will most certainly appear in this thread.

1. What is the canonical name of the Cerebrate you play as during the Zerg campaign in Starcraft 1? The campaign opens with your creation, but which cerebrate are you?

2. Do protoss have mouths? Do they speak with their mouths?

3. Why did Fenix's psi-blades start to flicker out at the end of the his cinematic following the second protoss level?

4. Shouldn't psi-disruptor technology be equally disruptive to the protoss since they rely on telepathic interpersonal communication?

5. Why do hydralisks have huge claws but never use them? Superfluous anatomy is NOT a zerg thing.

6. Are there other sentient species in the starcraft universe besides the Protoss, Zerg, Terran, and Xel'naga?

7. If I walked barefoot on creep, what would it feel like?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

2. No, I dot think they have actual mouths like terrans have. I think they somehow speak with pulses, like vibration, instead of using a tongue. However, that is my own theory...

4. Yeah, never understood this point. You could argue that the Khala is different than the connection the Zerg use

5. Either due to evolutionary conditions, maybe they evolved from something having use for this claws or to protect themselves from melee attacks, as they hardly could shoot an enemy being close to them.

6. Well, depends whether you mean a species at whole or sub-species. There are different tribes of Protoss, the new Zerg and the Primal Zerg.
In the books a new creature kind showed up, like a phoenix-like being, created by the Xel'Naga. Whether it is an unique race is a difficult question though, as only one being appeared, or maybe two do, I am not sure.
Same you could say the Hybrids are a new race.

7. I would say like very moist mud, a bit slimy and interacting with your feed, maybe very small larvae are in it. At least it is an organically mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.