• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

StarCraft: Reincarnation (Brood War custom campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Hello!
I want to share this through Hiveworkshop.com. Hopefully no one minds.

Installation
Just unpack and place the main folder (the one in the archive) over StarCraft's maps folder.

Description
It mainly focuses on a Confederate Ghost but all three races are involved. Don't want to spoil anything more than: three protagonists, all linked.

Offers:
-36 missions.
-not just build and attack game type but some sort of RPG elements and things in some levels must be thought out in order to win
-original characters, side story & some lore twists and add-ons

Needs:
-voice acting and possible custom music
-custom unit portraits & aspects (eg: user interface, skins, models)
I don't know anything about patching and .mpq stuff

!Skip (pressing ESC during) in-game transmissions and text message appearances at your own risk as you might not be informed of hints and story elements!

Screenshots
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Update

Chapter 1 - Fixed an issue which caused the mission not to finish after completing the requirements.

General:
-increased transmission duration during mission briefings and gameplay
-edited some dialogues (especially story parts that made little sense or were too ambiguous)
-corrected some typos

-stepping on a Terran beacon will now restore energy one time only
-added two more Command Centers, some more Missile Turrets and Siege Tanks

-every 300 seconds the protagonist fully regenerates his energy

-fixed a dialogue issue between Marines

-fixed the issue with zerg spawning on load instead of after the specified period
-modified the winning condition to only include the destruction of zerg production facilities

-increased timer to 30 mins
-added two Vultures and two Siege Tanks (Siege Mode unavailable)

-increased first timer to 10 minutes
-the Battlecruiser arrives earlier
-boosted the enemy's force a little
-modified winning and loss conditions: the ally mustn't lose all their Command Centers while the enemy has to have 0 production buildings remaining

-fixed wave comings

-reduced the area where the Cerebrate becomes vulnerable

-enemy waves arrivals have been resolved

-removed enemy Dropships

-buffed the enemy army a bit

-zerg base now shown on the minimap

-increased timer
-fixed enemy waves arrivals

-fixed strong zerg spawn
-double the building time for Hatcheries

-added a regenerating beacon in the base
-red beacons now replenish energy to 100% once
-added two Zerg beacons in the south that restore energy one time only
-researched damage upgrades for red troops
-researched range upgrade for Marines

-removed Spawn Broodling

-now the first aid kits (Terran Flags) will also restore energy
-fixed an issue with critter spawning

-removed enemy Dropships

-the protagonist is healed after being teleported
-Optical Flare disabled

-increased resource ammount a bit
-boosted the enemy armies a little

-increased the strength of the Zerg forces guarding resources

-added 1000 minerals to player
-edited enemy pathways and waves
-shield & ship repairs come earlier
-added two more Scouts and Carriers

-added 200 minerals to the player
-increased resistance of Photon Cannons
-properly set enemy waves arrival intervals

-the Ghost fully regenerates after a Cerebrate is destroyed
-fixed an issue with timers and defeat conditions
-reduced resources added after one of the two remaining Cerebrates are destroyed

-added some more Protoss for later use
-fixed Zerg spawnings & timings
-added minerals to the player
-rehashed Pylon & Photon Cannons conversion
-fixed an issue where zerg attacked the buildings that they were spawned from

-buffed the protoss army a bit and fixed a unit spawning issue
-enemy covert ops production facility regions will become partially visible at some point

-fixed the zerg elite creation
-doubled the building time of Hatcheries
-increased most zerg units training time by 50%
-zerg players become inactive if they lose all their Hatcheries, Lairs, Hives and Drones
-protoss upgrades are now fully researched

-doubled Hatchery building time

-fixed wave spawn timings

-fixed win condition
-added more resources and SCVs

-heavily raised building time of Hatcheries and Command Centers
-increased the training time of some enemy units
-the main enemy building sites will be revealed at some point
-disabled Defiler's Plague
-added one more Dropship

-fixed some text issues

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And stop by to download and play some of these: StarCraft Campaigns - Campaign Creations
Some of them have inspired me.

Attachments

• Reincarnation.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 2,470
Last edited:
Will check it out.
Too bad hive doesn't have a Starcraft 1 maps forum, I've been looking to share a couple of melees :p

EDIT: Tried it out, the first mission is a bit bland and empty and even though I blew up all the command centres it didn't finish the mission. Also neither StarEdit, nor SCMdraft can open the map files so I can take a look at their triggers.
I'd suggest making the first map smaller, with less command centres, but with more units and challenge. Also a dropship with medics (possibly delivered after destroying X command centres) can help with healing Button. Science vessels and tanks can also help with variety and challenge. Also the terrain is a bit bland, use more doodads and tile variations.

EDIT2: after using vision cheat, I think I've found the problem: the enemies have rebuilt several of their command centres and the trigger (I assume) waits for them to have 0 command centres. Making their SCVs unable to build more should fix the problem.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
EDIT: Tried it out, the first mission is a bit bland and empty and even though I blew up all the command centres it didn't finish the mission. Also neither StarEdit, nor SCMdraft can open the map files so I can take a look at their triggers.
Woah, didn't realize you've edited (moreover tried it!) as the site doesn't notify edits! I'll have to check the bugs you're talking about. The SCVs in that level aren't supposed to be able to build anything.
Also neither StarEdit, nor SCMdraft can open the map files so I can take a look at their triggers.
I've protected them, yes.
Also a dropship with medics (possibly delivered after destroying X command centres) can help with healing Button.
Well, the trick is to be a covert-ops agent. That way you act as quickly as you can and only rely on energy that is regained after bombing a CC (I hope).
Science vessels and tanks can also help with variety and challenge.
For a first level, I wanted to not make it too unfriendly. The Science Vessel was used as a special unit/"hero", I'm afraid. It's not really a regular campaign. The editor has its limitations as opposed to that of The Frozen Throne's.
Also the terrain is a bit bland, use more doodads and tile variations.
I wanted to keep a desert feel for at least some parts of the map.
EDIT2: after using vision cheat, I think I've found the problem: the enemies have rebuilt several of their command centres and the trigger (I assume) waits for them to have 0 command centres. Making their SCVs unable to build more should fix the problem.
Yes! They should not be doing that! I'll see if I forgot to check the disabling for CCs.

Thanks for trying it out! You can just skip the first level as there are no transmissions after you destroy all enemy main buildings.

Level 21
I will have to give this a try sometime soon! 36 missions is a lot, so I'd like to test a few to see about doing a lengthy showcase.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I will have to give this a try sometime soon! 36 missions is a lot, so I'd like to test a few to see about doing a lengthy showcase.
Of course. Overall, it's not the natural StarCraft experience in terms of gameplay design but it has that too. I hope at least most levels would be fun and not annoying (there are some of those; tried some experiments).

Status
Not open for further replies.