• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Starcraft II unit SO FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm really getting lost now... wasn't the Tauren Marine a April fool joke from Blizzard? I know they own, but Blizzard said they won't add them into the game... or yes?

Edit: Forgot to say thet Protoss Zealot owns :p

Last edited:
Level 15
Are you kidding? They are so TOTALLY adding it into the game! It's a very good looking model... they wouldn't have wasted so much time making it if they weren't going to. Oh yeah, and they have a custom soundset for them also. No, it's not the same one as in Warcraft. I know what I heard. It's a bit deeper, with slightly different lines. Oh yeah, and remember the Marine, ling', and lisk' models Blizzard put into Warcraft? Yeah.

Level 13
Don't get me wrong, I'll just love to see it ingame, but about the Hydralisk, Zergling and the Marine models were only added as extras, they did not appear in melee maps or in campaigns.

Level 14
hmmm most likely it will be like what they did with the marine,zergling,and hydralisk in warcraft 3, but if they spent time to make it etc. they will have it im almost sure of it.

Level 15
You do realize that the three extra units WERE featured in the Campaign, right? There were 3 levels in RoC that had them as rescuable units. Seriously! Go look it up in a walkthrough or something.

Level 13
hmmm most likely it will be like what they did with the marine,zergling,and hydralisk in warcraft 3, but if they spent time to make it etc. they will have it im almost sure of it.

Completely agree. If they made the model for the video, it's not that difficult to put it into the game.

Do I need to tell everyone this? Should I try to explain in Russian? Pajalsta, toika adeen!

A po russki i ne vse ponimaiut.

Level 15
Meena ne ochin harasho. Mayo mamma radilsa v'Nalchik. Ya radilsa zes, v'America. Da, ya Americacanitz. Toika ya tosha snayu cak gavarit paruski. Eh ya tosha snayu cak gavarit b'Ivreski. Ata daber bi'Ivrit?

Level 2
Karune has confirmed that the model for the Tauren Marine will be included in the editor. There has actually been no word on whether the unit will be in the Campaign. But that's not surprising since if they were to include they'd make it a surprise most likely. I for one don't think it'll be in the game.

Oh yeah, and, ling FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.