• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Starcraft units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When playing Battle net you can see the strategy each players uses and it usually consists of their favorite units. So what are your favorite units and what is their role in your strategy? When using Terrans I usually like to go defense while my brother go offense. In that case I use tanks and marines. I also use Ghost to fire nukes. Those are my favorite units for the Terrans. As for the Protoss, I love going air. Carriers are the best. And I love massing Hydralisk for the Zerg because they can attack air and ground. Plus they look cool.

Level 14
Favorite Terran units: Battlecruiser and Marine

When I play Terran I go for early Marines while I build up my bc's. I'm offensive with Terran because of the awesomeness that is 24-36 bc's.

Favorite Protoss units: Zealot and Scout

I play defensively with Protoss. I'm pretty good at mapping out how to make an effective defense with photon cannons. So when playing with friends I do their defense as well as mine. I make zealots to fend off initial attacks by lower rank ground units (zerglings/marines) while the defenses are getting set up.

After the defenses are set and all I have to do is maintain them, I focus on making at least 2-3 groups of scouts.

Favorite Zerg units: Hydralisk

I don't play Zerg very often, but, when I do I've noticed that Hydras are the most cost effective and useful things that the Zerg offers.

Zerglings die way too easily and can't be used against air targets, but Hydralisks can do a substantial amount of damage, target both air and ground, and are relatively inexpensive compared to the rest of the Zerg units.

Level 22
When playing Battle net you can see the strategy each players uses and it usually consists of their favorite units.

What? Have you ever played RTS, melee games? players choose what is most powerful and harder to defeat and usually what works best vs all races or one race, same was war3. Not to say a counter of a counter of a counter makes the need to use several types, not what we like the most ...

Level 13
What? Have you ever played RTS, melee games? players choose what is most powerful and harder to defeat and usually what works best vs all races or one race, same was war3. Not to say a counter of a counter of a counter makes the need to use several types, not what we like the most ...

If your opponent sucks, you'll use your favorite unit to destroy him.

Level 34
Terran: Firebat or Goliath
Zerg: Zerglings or Defilers
Protoss: Dark Templar or Zealot

Level 9
Terran: Goliaths is wonderful against Mutalisks, and general aircraft. Siege Tanks bring lots of fun to Twisted Fate (is that it?) against the Zerg. Firebats are good in numbers against Hydralisks [only with a medic] and Zerglings. MORE COMING SOON

Level 9
Terran
Marine: I like 2 mass rines
Firebat: I like 2 tk my ally and say srry
Zerg
Zergling: Ling rush is awsum
Hydralisk: Hydra iz uberist zerg unit
Protoss
Zealot: Me like exploit zealot 2 tele up terrain
Dragoon: Me like c Goon dance dance nd shoot nob ovrlrds

Status
Not open for further replies.