1. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite race from Starcraft?

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by JimBob, Nov 22, 2009.

?

What race do you prefer?

1. Zerg

50 vote(s)
    33.1%
  2. Terran

53 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Protoss

48 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    EMP is useful if you are going bio and the protoss throughs in high templars to kill your bio. You can still use the infantry upgrade techs to boost the ghost while the EMP gernade and its mana burning effects can hamper the opponets ability to psyconic storm you. Worse still, if he clusters his high templars, you can kill 4 or more psyconic storms worth which is saving you 1000s of damage worth with just 1 gernade.

Doubt it will work against pros though as firstly, their high templars will be safe behind detectors before the battle so ghosts can not get near and secondly in battle the psyconic storms are use so fast that by the time you EMP the high templar cluster, they will already be running low on mana and your army will be gone to a better place. Also they could spread the templars out to stop EMP hitting more than 1 if they are micro freaks. Further more, they could just eedback your ghosts (cause you will only make a few) so they are totally usless.

However, the snipe of ghosts could probably 1 - 2 hit high templars (especially if EMPed), which is not something a protoss player will enjoy seeing as each is a prety considerable cost. However if you are so entrenched in only bio and for some reason holding off his high templars from ripping you appart, I am sure the protoss will just pump out a few colossus units (fully upgraded) then bulldoze you.

Aditionally ghosts are usless against aircraft like carriers or void rays. So you may find yourself having to go vikings rather cause they are more effective counters. Or if high templars are a problem, you could try siege tanking them if they move in to psyconic storm you.

2. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "if he clusters his high templars"

that indicates that he is a noob. :|

3. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    alrighty i had a successful day. I defeated a rusher and a masser. And a noob. I attacked their bases from the sides and i pwned their ass. I love siegetanks and vikings. And Banshees work wonders against armies.

4. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ghosts are great against some Protoss units, but they do not make the matchup easy by any means.

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is very hard not to cluster high templars since the game lacks a loose formation. Meaning you eithor must like htting the keybaord a lot or else they will usually merge to some cluster eventually.

6. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Or just not put all your army in the same control group.

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well I guess if you have a few control groups you could asign a couple to different templar groups. But that still needs you choosing the right one (nearest to target) and then casting and changing etc which is pretty micro intensive to do well.

8. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would usually have my ability using units (HT, Infes, Raven) in a separate group, but that still means they bunch up generally. You could do as DSG said, but then it's a real pain to use abilities.

9. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Everyone wants to 4gate these days...

10. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    I play Protoss, strongest is PvZ, weakest PvT.

11. ggurface

ggurface

Resources:
    Resources:
    Which Race Do You Play and Why?

How did you pick your race?
    Based on how units look? Or specific units abilities?
    Did you play Starcraft 1?
    Did playing Starcraft 1 and/or Brood War influence your decision?

I picked protoss because I played protoss in Starcraft 1. The more I play the more I realize protoss is no longer the ability heavy race I thought it was, there's many abilities for Terran and Zerg this time around. I still remember the fun times I had with multiple recalls and stasis. :)

12. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    4gating is easy to defend agianst for me. I just make all banshee and siegetank and lots of marines. And i always win.

13. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't care for the 4gate. I prefer early immortals if I can. Depending on the others build obviously.

14. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    marines work nicely against immortals.
    The problem is that I really hate it when someone void ray spams.

15. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Kite them with vikings, or just kill em with marines+stimpack

In the event that they are going pure void rays (ie teching up to the speed upgrade) you should wipe them out before they have a sufficient force, as void rays are pretty much shitty if you can eliminate them before they charge up.

16. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good luck kiting them with a unit that moves as fast (and slower when the voids are upgraded).

17. Devious_Machine

Devious_Machine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Voids do need a little debuffs. Mainly for the fact most aa does not do much damage to them (phoenix are for light armored air and ground like mutas, Vikings are a good counter but u need as many vikings as them and to single target, corrupter not so much). Also what i do not understand are ppl who use marine masses. I mean really a few collasals or ultras will wipe them out in seconds even with medivacs (Broodlords can also easily kill marine masses).

18. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Vikings move at 2.75, void rays at 2.25. With the vikings epic range, quite easy to kite them to death.

When upgraded, Voids have 3.275 speed, so that makes a big difference, but still, most people won't get the upgrade unless they are massing void rays anyways.

Hydras are a great counter to voids, provided you have a large creep carpet. Phoenixes are for harassment, killing mutas, and lifting tanks into the air.

Marine mass is a great strategy for 4v4, actually. You can very quickly hit critical mass with them, and marines en masse annihilate every early game unit. Furthermore, it also hits early, long before T3 AoE would hit the field. It also puts the enemy on the defensive, denying tech and expansions while the marine massers are free to expand and tech while still putting significant pressure on the enemy.

19. kewlthis

kewlthis

Resources:
    Resources:
    What can you do with zerg if protos goes stalker + colossus. I see no way to survive from this...im a noob i know

20. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Roach/Hydra/Corruptor.