• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 Galaxy Editor finally !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bylur blog presents: SC2 Galaxy Editor finally !

Bylur presents the following blog. You are welcome to visit our site for more information.

Authors Note: This blog was made a while ago, however Bylur's approval process got delayed more then I expected and so I didn't have the authorization to post it here. I know the editor is already out, but you can still find some information on the blog, which is why I am posting it.

Galaxy Editor Blog

Capture.PNG

The Beta is going quite well and in the last weeks several balance patches were released. In order to make the game fair Blizzard decided to reset the Sc2 accounts again (to prevent people who abused the bugs from getting high rates) and they will use the reset to implement some more features.

The truth however, is that this new patch is interesting not because of the reset, but because Blizzard is finally going to release a Beta version of the Galaxy Editor and they actually want the Beta testers to do some reporting and testing on the new language !
So if you are a Beta tester you can (and should!) download the next update and post an opinion for Blizzard in this link.

An old galaxy editor movie showing some Blizzard custom maps and showing what you can do with the editor. From RPG's to 2D plane shooters everything seems possible.

If you want to know a few more things about the Galaxy Editor you can also visit the StarCraft Editor Wiki or the Galaxy Wiki which will most likely have some new updates after the patch.

If you are a mapmaker, you can start making some code right after the patch. But why wait? Start learning the SC2 Galaxy API here and you can even highlight the code using this tool.

Want to know what the Editor looks like? You can also visit this page for some screenies and movies:
http://www.sc2mapster.com/

This editor looks a lot like the wc3 map editor but with some modifications. What do you think?

PS: You can already download the editor from the Beta client !

Status
Not open for further replies.