• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Custom Game Night Primer! - Next Night: CANCELLED because 1.30 instability

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
Quick note that you should never ever rename w3x files

Untitled.png

Level 7
i use wget on my server to grab the maps, and whenever i dl from hive it names them download?token=somethingwhateverasdfcode34t3gwedfablah and i just rename it to whatever from there, thats why i'd suggest you to put it up on something like EpicWar because there i get the actual filename along with the download

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
i use wget on my server to grab the maps, and whenever i dl from hive it names them download?token=somethingwhateverasdfcode34t3gwedfablah and i just rename it to whatever from there, thats why i'd suggest you to put it up on something like EpicWar because there i get the actual filename along with the download

Thanks, didn't know that. @Ralle this is a bug, I guess

Level 5
I'll be here on the 11th. Map suggestion (if it's ready by then) Lords of Europe 2.1.6-3ICE.w3x (no download link yet) — I'll remember to add it to the spreadsheet in time. Or I might just go with a backup map suggestion 3ICE's Fastest Map Possible.w3m (we'll see...)

As for this:
My guess it's a redirect→redirect.
So we can count download stats. (There would be other, smarter ways to do that at a lower level, but this is a quick high level solution.)
See if using the --trust-server-names wget command line parameter is a successful workaround.

Level 7
Next Game Night (Aug 11th) has been cancelled due to expected extreme 1.30 instability. Likely not worth our time to play 5x maps for 5mins a pop b4 crash.
We shall wait for 1.30.1 or 1.30.2 to address most of the most pressing issues instead.
As I may not be around for the 25th (bc of reasons) (and we may not even have a stable patch until then), please stay tuned for further announcements.

Reactions: pyf
Level 7
rip cokemonkey
from what i can see the critical crashes for custom games still haven't been addressed yet, and i'd rather do clean skips than staggering the schedule

however, i will try a weekday night whenever we're back again, and see how it goes
may i inquire for your preference for that, if any?

Level 7
Not yet.
I will announce once there's been another 1.30 patch that confirms decent stability, or if that fails for a prolonged period of time, figure a way to do 1.29.2

Level 7
Hello.

Quick update.
Yes, with 1.30.1 confirmed being stable (enough), we'll be back in a jiffy; however coinciding with the 1.30 instability was me having a life (I'm still kinda busy); I'll see when I can set a night again, but should be soon! (likely 1st Sat of October)

Level 7
And just like that they're dropping 1.30.2 on us. (Yes, I'm a few days late because of reasons.)
At this time I'm honestly just about done attempting anything when Blizz is just super tryhard about killing off whats left of BNet.