• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Synchronization Algorithm: Looking For Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hey everyone. You ever want to play an ORPG without having to keep track of your save/load codes for it and without having to get them out of the game with a screenshot or type them in?

For a long time, everyone has been working at trying to find a quick way to transmit these codes directly from your hard drive to other players in the game quickly. The first attempt would take 10-30 minutes, which was no good.

This test uses a new algorithm that should be much faster. From preliminary tests with 2 players and 4 players in the game, the transmission of codes that were 5000 characters long, enough to easily store 500 different heroes, only took 30 seconds and 31 seconds respectively. Yes, every person in the game got to load 500 heroes in ~30 seconds.

The next test requires 12 players to see if the speed can hold up. If this test succeeds, we can expect to soon codeless save/load systems make their way into your favorite ORPGs and other games ^_^. You will be able to save cool mazes in Build Your Own Maze. You will be able to save a squad of heroes, or an entire army. Whatever you want. It is all possible. However, we won't know if this thing works or not until we get people to join the map and sit through the 5000 character code transmission. that is all you have to do. Join, sit, and wait for it to finish.

When will this be? May 12th at 6:00 pm PST.
What realm? All b.net realms.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in helping test so that I know whether we will have enough people or not : ).

Last edited:
Level 12
I can not add me to the list currently but if you should not find enough people this and opening multiple wc3 1.26 instances with JNGP might be an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.