• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Gaias new 1.1j boss balancing testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the topic implies ... in order to balance the new boss in 1.1j, we are looking for a group of players which will play a special, altered version of Gaias.
You will not be able to save in this version, however, all your created heroes will be instantly leveled to 35 and there will be free items and 50.000 gold and 100 mana crystals in order to allow "highend testing".

The spawn event of the boss will be disabled, to allow "constant testing."

We need feedback on how the boss works, what could be improved, etc. to achieve a challenging new encounter...

Level 13
I'm happy to help, on most of the time. Feel free to contact me here or on any of the warcraft servers under the same name, Vestra, most likely on east though.

Me and landerz will break it down >:D

Level 6
Will that be in the next few minutes, or can I sleep first and bug Vestra this afternoon [Mountain time] ;-)

Edit Getting sleep. I'll be back in 6-8hrs.

Also, tonight's my last night of work. 5 days off after this, yay!

I shared the map to both of you now. You may give the map to anyone you like to play with, just don't host it public please and don't give "public" feedback on anything that is new here. Also, try not to spoiler other people about the boss... It would take away some of the fun.

Please report:
1) the group setup you were playing (classes, level)
2) bugs that might have happened during the fight
3) how difficult you thought the encounter was with your setup
4) how many attempts you had until you killed it
5) what you would want to be improved in order to make it better. (i.e. damage to low, cooldown of boss spell too long, etc.)

report back to me as soon as you have some good data via PM.

Level 3
If you need players guys i will join you in Bnet :)

P.s Zwieb if you need more testers i can organize group of 5 people very fast. All of them are part of the forum and the community so most of them will be happy to help.

Level 1
As long as we can take a look into what will probably be a 2012 release...I say you can count me in.

Level 10
I'm always willing to do some testing if you still need it, or if anyone who already has this current version is looking for a party to run through with let me know :]

Level 9
I got a 43 bers Im willing to test

Also I usually run with LanderZ and Vestra.

Might Also take me like an hour to dl the map, and just contact me on U.S East if anymore tesing is needed ever about gaias, always willing to help. I do have one of every class so =D

Level 4
hi Z im glad to find out you came with update. A big Thank you.
As a big time member of garena, garena gaia group etc i would like kindly to ask you to share the map to gaia garena society. We are 50+ members and will be quite easy to gather team, test and leave feedback. Thank you in advance.

B.R.

I'd like to thank everyone who already gave feedback on the new boss encounter.
Please understand that I can not answer all those pms...

I'll try to keep my answer as "general" as possible to not spoiler to the community:
I've read all of the pms and will take them into account. Obviously, the boss is bugged. I haven't noticed the spawns not having a mana pool. This is going to be fixed for the new version (all spawns have 2 spells, but currently only some can actually use their spells). Also I will reduce the spell cooldown of the boss and increase its damage and HP, to make the encounter more challenging with larger groups.
As the boss is bugged, of course, the balancing is fucked up. With all the spawns casting spells, it should be much harder.

I will also fix the other bugs mentioned about the monk's steel body ability and mana drain ability and then send you guys a new beta version.

Level 13
Cheers zwieb, much appreciated, if you could add the location of the new skills that would be much appreciated. For the sake of trialling them, of course.

Level 6
I actually prefer the new Claw Strike.

The ranger can focus on doing other stuff, like his Feline, netting someone, flaming/barbed arrows and attacking the right guys (and running), while the pet's attacks just take one keystroke. No more targetting time.

Props.

However, if you made it not-usable when the pet isn't attacking anything, it'd be better and avoid accidental use/cooldown waits.

Theres a bug with instant-selfcast spells with wc3 ... I can not prevent the cooldown from being fired... it works for non-selfcast spells, but for selfcast it doesn't.
However if you accidently hit it when the pet is moving to its target, the spell is triggered correctly. It just goes to vain when the pet is idle.

The new skills will be ready for betatest as soon as I added the "link" shopitems for them ... Until now I didn't have the time for that. Same goes for the drop and steal table for the new boss.

Level 6
Theres a bug with instant-selfcast spells with wc3 ... I can not prevent the cooldown from being fired... it works for non-selfcast spells, but for selfcast it doesn't.
However if you accidently hit it when the pet is moving to its target, the spell is triggered correctly. It just goes to vain when the pet is idle.

The new skills will be ready for betatest as soon as I added the "link" shopitems for them ... Until now I didn't have the time for that. Same goes for the drop and steal table for the new boss.

"Until now" implies it's either been done, or is being done ;-)

And fair-enough to the rest.

Level 18
Landerz you really think that thing was neccesary? i mean i can micro easily with 10 spells and now that we got qi i can heal easier i don't find anything bad for the old claw strike and you could select the tarjet + not accidental cds .
you kno what's harder???!
Using new clawstrike in d3 how can you see when your using your ranger if the Wolf is attacking the tarjet or not lot of times they just get away randomly that's another reason why i don't like new clawstrike.

at least you should make pet double it's hp to tank atleast 6 human hits . it can't even tank 4 hits. and also give it a bit of magic resistance since you can't equip it.

because units with spells kill it instantly

that would be buff 1 .

if you think that's alot

make druid be able to transform to tank. ( a bear or a bigger wolf) , and make clawstrike activable for the 2 of them instead of just wolf at the time you click (this would work with new clawstrike).

i mean druid/hunter is so bad atm that it can't fight fire lord even if it has last full set. it would just get killed so fast. the only one supposed to be like that is magician since it's Full dmg .

but isn't druid supposed to be semi tank/semi helear ?

at least semi helear works with druids 5000 ability (which is already a lot for becoming one of your roles since other clases got their role since the start).

but semi tank? wolf can't tank anything now you can't see who it's attacking because with qi the screen gets even worse.

also when i'm waiting for the wolf to get to the enemy and an ally needs fast heal i can't use clawstrike because it would cancel the heal and when i finish wolf already died. only thiing that would work just to make wolf tank a bit more is giving him the bishop/monk spell that you can't make dmg to the buffed unit but they prefer squire and since 75% people got squire because it's the only class that everyone needs. that's not an option.

and another thing how is ranger supposed to get demon heart if everyone wants them and ranger can't fight to firelord because gets killed in a sec most people don't like to roll with people who didn't join the fight.

sorry for my ideas being all messy but i just wrote it from what i was remembering.
also i didn't post this because it needs to be done just to clear out that druid isn't OP or something like that i would say it's maybe the worse class , i would say magician too but it does a lot of damage with it's spells and since squire takes the dmg.

but i don't find a fitting role for druid in the game when there's another one that isn't druid waiting they would just kick out druid/hunters of the game to let another OP bishop or other class join.

Level 5
^ You deserve it again:
eb6.jpg
Most of what you said is senseless. I always play hunter I live in Brazil and play with EU ppl so I always have a huge lag and even with that i can help on fl, and i got a demon heart even without helping, srly hunter Sux but what you said makes no sense. And about the wolf needing more spell resist *facepalm* he has 60% already, will get a 15% buff in 1.2 and with a bishop +15% so now it has 75% all resists and in 1.2 it will have 90% what are you talking about?

Level 10
Here's my two cents on the new Claw Strike:

Having played a Druid for my main through most of h+ I can see the concept behind having the 'Claw Strike' ability being instant now. In theory it frees up more time and makes things easier, however, I personally preferred the way it used to be. As mentioned before there is the chance for accidental cooldowns going off now which really isn't that much of an issue since it can only occur while Idle and if your pet is idle you more than likely weren't in a fight yet so you can just wait a few more seconds for the spell to recharge.

This reason right here is why I find the new Claw Strike to be ineffective compared to the old design. The way the new Claw Strike works is making the spell auto cast on whoever the wolf is currently targeting, but lets say someone else in the party was pulling aggro and you wanted your wolf to use claw strike to regain threat on the target or you simply wanted to claw strike a separate enemy you would have to order your wolf to attack the new target with hotkey 'x' then issue the claw strike with 'w' rather than the old method where you just used 'w' to issue the attack on the new unit as well as the claw strike in one key thus resulting in less keys that will ultimately be needed to issue the chain of commands and more time to do whatever else that is needed to do such as healing or dpsing

Having said that my servant of nature has served me well for many versions, but come 1.2 his spell will be retired on my bar in lue of new druid spells so I could care less either way but in a tactical and more efficient manner the spell thrived as it was before and I feel the new changes almost downgrades it but perhaps it just takes time to get used to.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well I just tried loading it by myself and it loaded just fine. I also attempted to solo the new world boss. . . didn't go so well I can already tell he's harder :] I'll let you know what I find out though once I get a party to run him

Thanks for the feedback everybody. It seems that the balancing looks much better now. :)
I think I will adjust some values for the summons again (to balance the gap between certain skills of the minions which were mentioned in the feedback) and slightly increase the hitpoints of the boss again.
Also, the minions will die now in the final version when the boss is killed.

Some people reported to me that the test groups left out the minions and just concentrated on the boss ... this is intentional. The minions CAN be killed, but you can also leave them if you wish so and instead go full force on the boss itself... however, it will require more player skill to do so. So I think in this regard the balancing works just fine.

Some people reported me non interuptable spells for the minions ... this is going to be fixed. The minions are meant to be stunable and interuptable.

About the units spread over the map under player control: This is just something I forgot to remove for the beta. Vito always puts some units on the new terrain to check out how it looks =)

Steel Body still seems a little bit overpowered. I will reduce the numbers a little bit again.

Level 13
EDITED OUT

Please try not to give any spoilers to other players who havent played the beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
So... 1.1j will come out early, right? :D, Zwiebelchen, I think that you should fix "sparkling urn" drop, because I want to challenge with Fire Lord but I have no "urn", it's rare drop, my party killed Andrazaar many many times, mabe higher 50 times but it's nothing, in my opinion, Sparkling Urn should be bought in shop or some where with many rare resource, example 15 manacrystal... whatever. I want to fight with Fire without lucky in killing Andrazaar :D

Level 6
havnt been checking forum in a while and now i see u testing the new boss already :vw_sad: if its ever tested again before the release itself count me in to test it

Level 13
So... 1.1j will come out early, right? :D, Zwiebelchen, I think that you should fix "sparkling urn" drop, because I want to challenge with Fire Lord but I have no "urn", it's rare drop, my party killed Andrazaar many many times, mabe higher 50 times but it's nothing, in my opinion, Sparkling Urn should be bought in shop or some where with many rare resource, example 15 manacrystal... whatever. I want to fight with Fire without lucky in killing Andrazaar :D

Maybe this can be changed in a later version? Currently it's like an endgame challenge for players (not all of us with shittons of games, newcomers etc, fl was a challenge for me when i started).

If you swing by clan gaia some time I'm sure we can find a run where you can join for fl, most of my alts have urn so it shouldn't be a problem

Also ego you're always afk in channel when we're testing, hit me, soul or landerz up and we'll get you in for a trial

Level 6
well im around much time and when i am nobody is around so then i just go afk not my faulth the time is like already timed for me to be around and nobody around when im around and when i stop being around you people show around is just a mess of arounds :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 13
well im around much time and when i am nobody is around so then i just go afk not my faulth the time is like already timed for me to be around and nobody around when im around and when i stop being around you people show around is just a mess of arounds :ogre_hurrhurr:

what

Level 3
We haven't had "Sparkling Urn" :((, someone can send a charater that has a Sparkling Urn to me, of course just Id name and Code, we can use it in Lan Network , if it's okay, you can send it to email: [email protected] or Here. Thank you, Gaias clan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.