• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Chosen Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Hmm... Howsa' these?

2. - Attack of Opportunity/Carpe Diem/"While I'm at it..."
When stealing from an enemy the Battle Thief deals damage to the target depending on the amount of loot gained from stealing.

4. - Steal Essence/Steal Thoughts/Brain Roberry
Allows the Battle Thief to not only steal loot, but also put all the target's abilities on cooldown and drain some mana.
On every cast of Steal there is also a 20% chance to stun the target and a 5% chance to cast charm (normal limitations) on it.

2. - Mug
When stealing from an enemy, the Battle Thief has a passive chance of X% to steal X gold from the enemy, and deal damage to the amount of gold obtained from stealing.

3. - The Ultimate Robbery
The Battle Thief has an X% chance to drain a small amount of mana and health when attacking, and leaving a ministun that lasts X seconds.

How about that?

Level 27
Hmm, howsabout...

4. - Shadow Dance
Caster teleports to random enemy within range, performs steal action and then teleports to another random enemy.
This will happen three times total, increasing as the Battle Thief has more successfull steal attempts.
Max is six times, which is at around 100 Steal Attempts.
When the spell is finished, the caster returns to his original position.

Level 1
well, i will give some of my ideas

1) (starting ability) picklock, can open doors/treasures chests, every # of succesful attempts gives points to thief job

treasure chests should either be a lot in number, but give small gold prizes and/or pots...or make them rare thus giving very good loot

abour doors, maybe secondary quests or something...(harder treasures needs more thieft points)

2) critical/ministun/lightning and generally all type of procs...

3) other idea would be to change feint with meld and give epic + last boss true sight

4) pouch steal, the thief can steal the pouch of stunned targets/sleeping etc etc,

the target mustn't have seen him (meld or ww or hide untill another member of the group does that)

pouches can give a whole bunch of stuff...

Level 27
Yeah, i know. :S
I'm afraid that it will have to be simplified if used, since that kinda' stuff is very hard to code.

I'm not a coder myself, but my old friend Zack1996 that i mapped with was quite good at it.
And when your job on a map team is to supply ideas for the coder you very soon find out what is possible and what is not. :p

Level 37
It seems like I didn't read SaRDaNaPaLoS_QQ's post at all, Unlocking doors is a great idea. Now everything is done.

2. Mug - When a succeful steal is made also steals gold(unitlvlx10).
3. Unlock - Allows the Battle Thief unlock doors.
4. Feint - When Battle Thief is attacked, makes him shift out of existence for a short time forcing enemy units take action elsewhere.

Level 37
When a cinematic begins, I have my hero selected. When the cinematic ends, the hero is not selected.

Fix that please.

Yea I could do that, but what about later chapters when you have more than 1 character? I wonder who I'm gonna select then.

Today I started closed beta tests for chapter 2. So if you want to help me, put me into your MSN list and contact me. I'll give you the closed beta then. The idea behind this is that you test and same time I'll fix bugs and make improvements.

My MSN address is: [email protected]

The next version will come sooner if people help me and I don't need to do everything. If everything goes according to the plans the next version will come out probably this weekend.

• Unit Select
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • Owner of (Triggering Unit) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering Unit) to Units_Selected
  • Unit Deselect
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) deselects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering Unit) from Units_Selected
End of each cinematic:
  • Unit Group - Select Units_Selected for Player 1 (Red)
To select them all again.

Level 37
Beta 1.1 to Beta 1.1a
  • Fixed a problem where chapter 2 started instead of 1 after prologue

Beta 1.0a to Beta 1.1

NOTES

• If you have played Beta 1.0, you can simply load your characters and resources from it, by adding the newest version to your campaign folder, and selecting simply chapter 2 to play.
  • I decided to simply open all the chapters just like in Alpha Stages instead of making a system to prologue where you could open chapters.
  • Chapter names and the beginning pictures are not yet updated from Alpha versions.
  • There are no more commands in this campaign anymore expect camera commands. Check out your Basic Abilities to see the old commands.
  • In later versions I'll create the fifth and the last optional quest to chapter 2.
  • Like usually, I'll create a new minor version after a major version to fix bugs(if no major bugs are found then no minor versions).

CHANGES:

• Opened chapter 2
  • Added a puzzle to chapter 1
  • Increases Chapter 1's Epic Boss' Basic hit points from 15,000 to 20,000
  • Created two new spells for Chapter 1's Epic boss
  • Increases Chapter 1's Epic Boss' Special Spells' damage
  • Made stronger some of the Mini-Bosses in chapter 1
  • Changed chapter 1's Boss' wall to different looking
  • Azureus Set can now be obtained in chapters 1 to 7 instead of 5 to 11

Last edited:
Level 27
Allright guys, even thought i've been having alot of delays, i have been slowly working on the stuff you requested.
So, here's the signature. :)
SigTheChosenOnesFinished.png

Aand a slightly darker version, just in case.
SigTheChosenOnesFinished2.png

Level 37
Beta 1.1a to Beta 1.1b

• Fixed a major bug that freezes the game when entering to honor or combat shop
  • FIxed multiboard a little: Now honor points show honor points and boss points shows boss points, before they were mixed up
  • Correct Treasure Hunter abilities are now shown
  • Correct Battle Thief abilities are now shown
  • Fixed Alchemist Potion creating
  • Fixed problem where enemies didn't have items at all(chapter 2)
  • Fixed some ability descriptions
  • Changed chapter 1's puzzle reward
  • Increased Heaven's Bless' cooldown from 6 seconds to 12 seconds
  • Fradz's starting items are now sligtly stronger

Allright guys, even thought i've been having alot of delays, i have been slowly working on the stuff you requested.
So, here's the signature. :)
SigTheChosenOnesFinished.png

Aand a slightly darker version, just in case.
SigTheChosenOnesFinished2.png

Ooh, a new signature. I don't say it's anything epic but I could use it for a while. Thanks.

Level 27
Looks like "we are back to stone age" for me. :p

By the way, you forgot the first request I was asking from you. The "banner" for my website.

Heh. :p
About the banner: I'm doing the others first, due to what i'm in the mood for.
But if it's a problem i can change the production qeue.

I like the darker version better ;P
Amazing job either way, keep it on :D

I agree. ;) But well, it's for Aero, and if he likes the light one better then it's the one that'l be used!

Level 37
Heh. :p
About the banner: I'm doing the others first, due to what i'm in the mood for.
But if it's a problem i can change the production qeue.

I agree. ;) But well, it's for Aero, and if he likes the light one better then it's the one that'l be used!

http://www.tcocampaign.com/

If you check that website, current banner is that crystal thing. It's okay at the moment, but I want better, a lot better!

Level 37
Hello there!

Once again I have started closed beta tests. To remind you, the idea behind closed betas is to get rid of the biggest bugs and balance errors from chapter 3 before releasing the real version. Chapter 3 is only available to be played.

The testing starts immediately and ends in few days, then I will release the official version.

I will only give closed beta for those who have MSN and can chat real time with me, meaning: "you play & I fix!" If you want to help and get the campaign faster to the next version contact me with MSN: [email protected]. I can't do all testing by myself and I need help. We have to remember that I'm the only one actually working on this project.

Level 37
Beta 1.1b to Beta 1.2

• Chapter 3 is now open.
  • Fixed Combat Kings where they were always rested to level 1 after loading.
  • Fixed a difficulty settings in chapter 2 as they were too weak for the stronger difficulties. Now enemies are stronger as they should be(ATK: 0%/0%/10%/20%/30% & HP: 0%/0%/15%/45%/75%).
  • Changed Ground Zero's cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
  • Edited Aura Of Fire, now it also do damage per second.
  • Fixed chapter 2 epic boss' passive spells. Now there's something actually.
  • Fixed Alchemist bug that didn't allow Phodom to reach further levels.
  • Fixed Bless Of Lightning attribute bug.
  • Fixed hotkeys in Command Panel.
  • Fixed bug that boxes could also learn spells.
  • Fixed tons of other minor bugs I have forget to add here.

Level 37
Beta 1.3 to Beta 1.3a

• Added new starting packs.
  • Fixed(hopefully) loading problems with combat kings and spell book spells at chapter 4.
  • Fixed saving and loading professions.
  • Fixed a bug in chapter 4 that didn't load Heaven's Bless ability.
  • Fixed Synthesis item descriptions and fixed some problems players couldn't create some of them. Also removed the ones who I have not yet remade. Don't worry, all of them will come back at later versions.
  • Fixed bug that players couldn't create alchemist potions.
  • Fixed Silver and Thief Set combination.
  • Edited Restore Panel system. Added restoration potions.
  • Increased Mini-Bosses hit point regenerations.
  • Chapter 1 Mini-Bosses are now a little stronger than before.
  • Added 2 low magic orbs to chapter 1. Now you can create Zwill Blade or Aerial Shoes at chapter 1.
  • Fixed a lot of minor bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.