1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Chosen Ones Campaign - Alpha Test 4

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Aeroblyctos, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Chosen Ones
    Alpha Test 1.4

Information

The meaning of this thread is to have as much feedback as possible about my campaign. I have spend thousand hours working on this campaign. I have two very old topics about my campaign: In here you can see some information(well it's really outdated) and here you can see some pictures from campaign(also outdated).

I have to remind you that this campaign is 80 mb big file size. Normal maps are usually about 0,5 MB - 3,5 MB. So this is really huge. Be patient when downloading.

Rules

- Do not copy any triggers, units or spells from the campaign.
    - Do not try to make your own campaign from this campaign.
    - Do not take any imported files from this campaign.

Your job

Your job is play and comment. When you have played/you are playing you must give me:
    => Suggestions(example if something bother you in the campaign!)
    => Balances(if boss or unit is too weak/strong tell me and I try to balance it!)
    => Criticism(if you see any ciricsm tell me and I try to solve it!)
    => Bugs(example if you get stuck in cinematic!)

If you provide useful information about the campaign, I will give you some "rep" here and I will put your name at the end of the campaign as alpha tester (of course if you can help me somehow or you have good suggestion I can put your name to other categories too!). I have currently these categories: Trigger Credits, Spell/Ability Credits, Model Credits, Skin Credits, Icon Credits, Translate Credits, Image Credits, Support Credits, Alpha Test 1 Credits, Alpha Test 2 Credits, Alpha 3 Credits, Alpha 4 Creditys, Beta Test Credits, Other Credits.

Alpha Test 4

At Alpha Test 4, you can watch prologue(I will remade it later!), interlude 1 and 2. Also you can play chapter one, two, three, four, five and chapter six. So it's about 50% of my campaign.

I hope you enjoy while playing and I wish you luck. Remember to give me feedback. Thank you beforehand!

==> Download Here <==

2. Skrakar

Skrakar

Resources:
    Resources:
    It shall be done.

3. burnedevil

burnedevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    POST CHANGES - or I will never test it again.

4. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't. I updated whole campaign. It was 2 month work so I didn't write down what I changed. It would be painful job if I would.

When the campaign is finished I start to write down changes.

5. Robbinguy

Robbinguy

Resources:
    Resources:
    al try to say it in more deatail in the 3rd chapter , theres a item gives u a spell which gives frost shield(increases armour by 2) wen i try to remove it , it wont ..... wen i right click it it goes to autocast

6. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice gona test it

7. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok so that tier 1 ice spell item bugs. I will fix it. Thanks for information. +rep

I forget to say one thing: I opened chapter 6 for players that have already finished chapter 5 in older alpha tests. So if you have not finished chapter 5 you do not have heroes at chapter 6. The reason for this is because the enemies in chapter 6 are strong and you cannot kill them unless you are at least level 10. So gain some level at other chapters!

8. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    did u make the chapter 3 easier?

9. Robbinguy

Robbinguy

Resources:
    Resources:
    so its chapter 4 unbuged?

10. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Should be. Last time I checked chapter 4 it was bugful but I repaired that anti-cheat bug. It should work now.

11. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can't download from rapidshare because of some weird bug about exceeding free user dowload limit, upload it on the hive please!

12. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hmm... I can't see the questions like when you go to the hero's home it doesn't show the question... only the answer options and same goes for the questions after the chapter

EDIT: At least works in chapter 3's questions
    EDIT2: Found bug that if you use Meltdown and press hold position enough fast after the cast it doesnt costa any mana and doesn't go on cooldown, but still does the dmg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  13. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Still that boring bug? I don't have a clue how to fix it. I have tried to fix it and asked from people but no one knows how to fix it. Strange. Maybe someday I figure it out because it works in some chapters.

I try to upload campaign to hive. However, my computer crashes time to time when I try to. That's why I need to always send the campaign to my friend and then he uploads it.

14. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well I have an suggestion that could make this game a little more enjoyable... Make quest items like tomes if you know what I mean. Like in example you pick an quest item and it will disappear, but you still have the item for the quest :grin: (Hope you understood what I meant)

EDIT: You could add some mark to people who give quests

15. Mechmap

Mechmap

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please, Aeroblyctos, do so you can test each chapter manually, so you dont have to go through it all again. Of course its meaning to test every chapter but its the new stuff that most fun :D

16. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm... not many posts. That's a bit boring because I don't know what to repair/edit. Well maybe then I will work with the campaign forward. Now I will finish chapter 7 and it will be finished in weeks. It is the biggest map in my campaign(255x255 city).

I also tried to upload the campaign to hive but it didn't work. My computer just frozen. Bit strange and I even have 100mb internet(I can download about 5000kt/sec).

This I will add.

Well I added that you can load your hero from chapter 5. So in next versions I will open all maps? Is that a good thing? What do you think?

Well thanks anyway guys and I hope I can have some new posts soon!

17. Mechmap

Mechmap

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ive allready told you about the teleport strike bug, so why dont you make so you cant controll your hero when that ability is on. Or you could look in DotA since Juggernauts ulti is about the same.

18. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So it still bugs? I tough I fixed it. How it bugs this time? Everytime I test it works perfectly. Strange, well I didn't even made it! It's "Kitabatake's technology".

But hey, should I open all campaign maps for next time? What do you think?

19. Mechmap

Mechmap

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you should do so you can test each chapter indivigally (hows it spelled?).

20. ikoraiza

ikoraiza

Resources:
    Resources:
    I couldn't get past the Centaurs in Chapter 2. I saved before the fight and have tried every combination to beat them and nothing works. Don't know if I'm doing it wrong but I think it should be tuned down. Also, block off the bridge at that point because I was able to run back over the bridge during the fight.