• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Chosen Ones - Alpha tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
The Chosen Ones
Alpha Tests

Information

The meaning of this thread is to have as much feedback as possible about my campaign. I have spend thousand hours working on this campaign. I also have two other topics other topics. In here you can see some information(well it's outdated) and here you can see some pictures from campaign(also little outdated).

I have to remind you that this campaign is 80 mb big file size. Normal maps are usually about 0,5 MB - 3,5 MB. So this is really huge. Be patient when downloading.

Rules

- Do not give this campaign anyone to else.
- Do not copy any triggers, units or spells from the campaign.
- Do not try to make your own campaign from this campaign.
- Do not take any imported files from this campaign.

Your job

Your job is play and comment. When you have played/you are playing you must give me:
=> Suggestions(example if something bother you in the campaign!)
=> Balances(if boss or unit is too weak/strong tell me and I try to balance it!)
=> Criticism(if you see any ciricsm tell me and I try to solve it!)
=> Bugs(example if you get stuck in cinematic!)

If you provide useful information about the campaign, I will give you some "rep" here and I will put your name at the end of the campaign as alpha tester (of course if you can help me somehow or you have good suggestion I can put your name to other categories too!).

Alpha Test 3

At Alpha Test 3, you can watch prologue, interlude 1 and 2. Also you can play chapter one, two, three, four and five. So it's about 50% of my campaign.

I hope you enjoy while playing and I wish you luck. Remember to give me feedback. Thank you beforehand!

==> Download Here <==

Level 6
Tried it for a while then died and tought not worth playing. But ill share what I think you should change.

-Cinematic thing for every minor quest is useless, just anoys me since you cant skip it.
-meltdown learning menu had bug it said like lvl1,2,3,1,2
-Add boots of speed or something for start, Its useless to be so slow? alltought the walking distances wasnt too long.
- Whats up with the vitality system? its just made to anoy people, it doesnt add more fun its useless!

*Edit* Will test later for more since it kinda looked promising anyway. I like the terrain atleast :).

Last edited:
Level 3
Looks very good for a first impression,but I've played only the first chapter for now.
And I've found a lot of annoying things:

- A lot of spelling errors.
- The first character move too slowly and that's kinda boring.
- The cinematic with the girl near the river (don't remember the name) gave me the headache,fix the camera movements.
- What's the point of have an item that does fire damage if the hero has already an ability that does fire damage? (The Fire Stone I mean)
- I've found a bug in the quest of the field,I killed all the worms but nothing happens,the quest isn't complete.
- Some buildings in the city disappear in the fog of war (I know that it's a bug of the models)....but it's strange.
- The Boss is challenging but I'm able to restore all my Hp and Mp without problems, (sleeping in the home) and kick his ass easily.Disable this function when you fight him,and decrease a bit his stats.
- I really don't understand the description of the Magic Orb

That's all for now,but beside these things looks very good.

Level 37
burned said:
- Whats up with the vitality system? its just made to anoy people, it doesnt add more fun its useless!
It makes the campaign harder which is in my opinion good thing.

The_wand_mirror said:
I cant cheat...

Considering you can't cheat i don't think i have the patience to play everything.
Then this game is not for you. I think it's stupid to cheat and it ruins the experience.

Thanks so far from the bugs and suggestions. Currently trying to fix these problems you have mentioned. +rep to everyone.

Level 6
Ok Feedback from second test

Chapter 1:
Generally ok, i dont cinematic minor quests + there is no uptade thing/anything that lets you know when quest is complete or requirements complete
-also worm quest didnt work
-searching for black hooded man is way hard....took ages to find the caravan alltought i tried going down to the right dirrection
Chapter 2:
- Freaking hard centaur boss but I killed it by running around guards since it only tried to kill me.
-whats up with storng river make it strong river.
Chapter 3:
This chapter is so idiotic that i wont test this map anymore. Died 10xBecause didnt remember temperature, 3xBecause didnt remember vitality, 3xbecause there are so many monsters that i just dont want to kill since I dont know where to go, 3xBecause the spider queen is freaking powerfull. And side note the up down thing is not cool.

Other bugs:
The riddle time doesnt show questions, just answers. (I dont get this thing anyway.) its better to give some gold/honor points from quests or minigames not some random answering after every chapter.

I could leave suggestions but you really should know what to do after reading that. (and thats the worst things that need to be changed)

So gl with the map. I might try it later when you have made it better.

Level 27
Thanks so far from the bugs and suggestions. Currently trying to fix these problems you have mentioned. +rep to everyone.

You should know I've cheated my way true all the war3 campaigns just to know the story =p

But generally i think this is a good campaign but only it has a few things to be spiced up a little. im mostly talking about terrain which doesn't seem to be your strongest point but it sure ain't the weak one. maybe do some work here and there to get a better and smoother look on the terrain, so far i haven't encountered any bugs.. or that is just my playing style.

Level 15
Hmm, I noticed quite a few spelling errors( They bug the crud out of me :p).

Also, make it so that you can skip some of the minor cinematics if you want to, I watched all of them, but do it just for those impatient impatient people, like The Wand Mirror :p

The terrain could use some touching up, but then again every map's terrain can be improved.

I hope I helped!

~Deathcom3s

Level 2
If you're still alive,you'll be interested that in Mission 4 I always get "cheat alert" even though I didn't.

And one other thing.In Mission 3,at the end Galeoth says "Holy Sh*t!".The f*ck?Not very epic nor suitable for an old wizard.

Level 37
Ok I was taking a month break. Now I don't have any school projects so I have time to do the campaign once again. First I finish chapter 6 and 7 and then I will have Alpha Test 4. Also I will add option that players can start from chapter 6 so they don't need to start from the beginning.

Thanks so far from comments but still I would like to see more comments about chapter 4 and 5 because I'm not sure if they work well.

Alpha Test 4 will be in couple of weeks, chapter 7 is the longest chapter so I still need to finish some optional quests. I just played chapter 7 and it took 26 min to watch 75% of the main cinematics. I think I have done maybe too much but whatevah, this will be long campaign!

Level 2
It's impossible for people to comment on Chapters 4 and 5 since in Chapter 4 campaign ends thanks to some phantom cheating.
After the cinematic,map starts to give cheat alert and poof- campaign's over.

Level 37
Aha! Then I will change my plan: I will repair all things you guys have said and also I will finish chapter 6. Then I host Alpha Test 4.

I think I can finish all this in one week.

BTW Skrakar, one of my friend finished from chapter 1 to chapter 5 so how is it possible that you cannot? I wonder what's wrong with that anti-cheat.

Level 2
Dunno.
Does your friend have unexplored minimap or just fog of war in chapter 4?
I have fog of war(like it was already explored).

Level 3
reallt gd intro, love the music, havent finshed chapter 1, but maybe u could add more pressure to it ,like a time limit or creeps attck ure family at set times -but as i said i havnt finshed it so maybe som more interestin things will happen......

Level 37
Robbinguy said:
theres a tier 1 spell that i cant remove....
What? What? What? It's too late now! :<

Robbinguy said:
wat other maps have u made ?
I have done lot of maps. I have 2,5 year experience of map making. I have done 16 own map. Multiplayer maps and also single player maps. Some are just mini games, some are over very big maps(for example Mystery Of Friza). Here you can see all my games.

I'm currently uploading Alpha 1.4 to rapid share. I will make a new thread about 1.4 version to here. Just wait couple of minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.