• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Chosen Ones Pre-Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
The Chosen Ones

Pre-Beta

General:

The Chosen Ones is a huge single-player Campaign, featuring:
  • 11 chapters, 4 interludes, a prologue and an epilogue.
  • Over 20 hours of gameplay
  • An exceptional story set in massive world of Oelivert
  • Dozens of unique systems
  • Hundreds of cinematics
  • Over 500 custom items
  • Over 100 custom spells
  • Dazzling effects
  • Strategic battles with Bosses, Elite Bosses and Epic Bosses
  • Complicated optional puzzles with great rewards
  • Over 1000 imported materials
  • Official website

Thread's idea:

Okay, now to the point. I'm here searching for player who could help me test the campaign's new game-play in a test map. I have a holiday now from army that lasts six days from today to Tuesday(19.1.2010). In this time I'm able to talk and fix problems of the campaign.

I'm not searching for a massive amount of players to test the campaign, instead I'm searching for few excellent testers who have a lot of time to test and talk with me about the campaign. If you are interested contact me and we will see how we will communicate.

What to test:

- Basic Items, Item Sets, Synthesis Items and Honor Shop Items.
=> Do they work?
=> Do they give everything the descritions tell?
=> Do they have any grammar errors? If yes, where and what item?
- Character Abilities
=> Do they work?
=> Do you think the abilities in same category are balanced?
=> Do they have any grammar errors? If yes, where and what ability?
- Spell Book Spells.
=> Do they work?
=> Do they have any grammar errors? If yes, where and what spell?
- Test the save/load
=> Test the map, save and then load and see if you have everything you had before.

Hints:

- The campaign is 105 mb big, but if you have a fast connection like I do you can download the campaign with great speed(in few minutes only).
- I suggest to test the camapaign with a fast computer(the campaign can lag).
- Prepare for the long loading time(even with my super laptop, it takes 5 minutes to load the test map).

- MSN: This is the best way. Add me into your friend list and let the discuss begin. My email address is [email protected]
- Email: Send emails to me and I will answer. My email address is: [email protected]
- Private Messaging; Send private messages to and I will reply.
- Talking in this thread; Just post here your bugs, thoughts and criticsm. I will answer then in here.

Last words:

How I will give you the campaign then? I have a website where you can download the campaign. If you can help me I'll put you into the credit list of the campaign. Also reputation points in here will be given.

Last edited:
Level 5
Intriguing, although I've never finished (stopped at about chapter 7) The Chosen Ones as it in my opinion (sorry to say) got worse from map to map, it had a lot of potential and the first map was amazing. I could test your map over the weekend and send you a detailed report with my thoughts about it.

Level 37
Intriguing, although I've never finished (stopped at about chapter 7) The Chosen Ones as it in my opinion (sorry to say) got worse from map to map, it had a lot of potential and the first map was amazing. I could test your map over the weekend and send you a detailed report with my thoughts about it.

Good, I'll be waiting for your next reply and I will give you the link to the campaign. I wonder why the campaign got worse from map to map? I could fix that if you give me reasons.

I can help you test, I do not promise I'll play through it all, but I guess any critique is better than no critique, aye?

It's just testing the campaign's gameplay in a TEST MAP. It is not a CHAPTER MAP. So it's not testing in Chapter 1, 2, 3, ... Just a test map with all the items, abilities, spells, and everything else added to one map. It doesn't have any cinematics, just the gameplay.

Level 5
Good, I'll be waiting for your next reply and I will give you the link to the campaign. I wonder why the campaign got worse from map to map? I could fix that if you give me reasons.
Ok, here you go, this is my next post, awaiting the link :grin:
I could send you a pm elaborating my opinion regarding the Chosen One's state as I played it, just tell me so, and I'll send you one (be aware though that it has been some time since I've played this campaign, so I cannot give you a report as detailed as the one I am going to give you on the testmap once I have finished it).

Level 37
Ok, here you go, this is my next post, awaiting the link :grin:
I could send you a pm elaborating my opinion regarding the Chosen One's state as I played it, just tell me so, and I'll send you one (be aware though that it has been some time since I've played this campaign, so I cannot give you a report as detailed as the one I am going to give you on the testmap once I have finished it).

Okay, I'll send you a private message now where you'll download the campaign. One guy already tested the campaign and I fixed all the bugs he gave me. So you are probably the second tester and you'll test version 1.1. Thanks for the help.

Level 3
finally the chosen ones reach beta version.
I want to test this but unfortunately my exam start next week...
good luck for the project

Level 37
Okay, Pre-Beta test ends. I'll be going tomorrow back to the army and I cannot anymore share the campaign. Two players tested the campaign, not much. I have my hands full with making other parts of the campaign which means we'll have a little buggy game-play in Beta 1.0. Bah, whatever to me, whine later then. :p

Anyways, thank to the testers. When the campaign is nearly in beta stage, I will create a "Hosted Project" forum in here, Hive, to get more attention. I guess that will still take a month or two.

Level 37
Thumbs Down!

The hosted forum application is closed and is not planned to reopen.

Oh really? Why then there are some projects that have the status of Hosted Project? Are they somekind of "exception"? That wc3:wow have been like as a Hosted Project years without any alpha or beta releases. And other projects? Blah.

I have run to this same damn issue before. And not just before, but many times. Why this site never learns from the mistakes of the past? Why always this same issue? Why moderators, admins or whatever nowadays runs this site just either delete all the hosted projects or just allow people to make new hosted projects?

And btw, what the hell is with that "Hosted Project of the Year 2009 (and 2008)" thread if people can't put their own projects to Hosted Projects? Why there are such awards only for few projects? This is bias.

Now I'm pissed. Best choice here would just be quiet, but blah... I guess I should stay in my own website. Why am I even wasting my time here? It feels like this is an endless circle... Oh whatever, I won't make a Hosted Project.

EDIT: Argh... If I get more angry, I will dig all the old threads about Hosted Projects and make another epic circus here.

Level 24
The Hive got a new Hosted Project not long ago, I take it yours is either not good enough. Either way, I thought you were referring to Hosted Forums (that shit anyone could get), Hosted Projects are another matter, with Poot gone, I doubt we'll ever see new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.