• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Its not a rip...it can be found in the wow directory....
Btw when u finish stormwind send it to me and il make it better.
And also On what do you want me to help?

Its still a rip no matter what file its from in wow.

Level 6
about the only thing from the WoW game you can use is the names... everything else must be remade from scratch. If your want to remake the WoW tiles go ahead but just using them wont do. First of all its copyrighted, second WoW tiles are tiered. One tier might have stray pieces of dead grass while another the base of the grass tile. In all its just best to redo them.

Level 4
i dunno if they are taken from there but really
it is a one to one copy i dont wanna blame the terrainer, but it lacks on creativity.

Why a custom model for barels?
Why a custom model for lanterns?
and then no model for waysigns, because there u could need another one

For my taste it looks to much like wow but well everyone has other oppinions :D

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

about the only thing from the WoW game you can use is the names... everything else must be remade from scratch. If your want to remake the WoW tiles go ahead but just using them wont do. First of all its copyrighted, second WoW tiles are tiered. One tier might have stray pieces of dead grass while another the base of the grass tile. In all its just best to redo them.

You're allowed to use all of the icons from WoW though, blizzard released them to the Wc3 community to use.

Level 4
yeah, i thought wc3 wow's tiles looked like WoW's.....
EDIT: Stormwind is really coming along nicely Husidu. BTW how does the player get to the park area? From the other pic it showed a wall blocking it.

there is no wall
i think youre talking about the house between the two towers? its just a roof

Level 24
Well it's fun to be asked (thanks) and I need to say sure why not :) However if it is a problem I will be in england next week and I wount be able to work with this project as much as I would want. I would be able to work atleast an hour or two every day.

Last edited:
Level 6
thats all thats needed to make items and bind them to creeps. Then put the creeps in maps. When im back i can do the respawns and quests. Thanks again but its about time I got out of the house and enjoyed whats left of the summer. ill pm u a link to the maps.

Level 24
Ok so do you want me to attachments to the models or do you want me to make triggers so they drop items or how do you want. Oh and if you need some terrein made in Duskwood I could give it a try. And yes I got real WoW so I'll not need any screenshots since I'll be there on my beloved proto-drake ;) So Husidu if you're okey with me helping please contact me.

Oh and which items shall I make?

Level 6
lowe, you will just make loot tables with the chances for drops and such. Then add the tables to the creeps. Be creative and make some low level items too. If you dont know how look up the tutorial. For Elwynn you will need New Jass Gen Pack in order to save and its a big map so your pc needs to be kinda fast.
Item ideas:
Low level armor (lvl 1 - 5) (head,shoulders,chest,back,hands,pants,feet)
Look in the one mine map, i already made some items there. Copy down the stats and then add them to the other maps. That way my system will work right.
Boss items for the Kobold General in the Medium mine.(lvl 5-9)

Level 24
Well I'm as smart as a rock I once again forgot that on friday I'm going to England for a week and a half so it have to wait untill after then :p

Level 24
Well I'm back from England just to head out to Stockholm for 3 days anyways I wish you the best of luck while I'm gone. And remember think about what I would do and then do the opposit since that works out for me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.