• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tfk

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Deleted 10/31/14

Keywords:
none
Contents

TFK (Map)

Reviews
21:49, 22nd Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Approved StoPCampinGn00b: Rejected for map being "deleted" by author and spam on the front page.
Level 31
Did you update the horses yet?

Remember that when I did the save/load code for you, I treated the horse you had in the game as having 2 slots, not 6, meaning that having more than 2 items in it would actually corrupt the code.

Did you add the 2 slot, 4 slot, and 6 slot horse and make the current one have 2 slots?

I haven't personally been hosting this as that's a pretty serious bug =P.

Well, and since there are a lot of missing tier 2 heroes... and since I'm already at the lvl max : (, and since you have some level up issues (how I went from lvl 7 to 20 in like 30 mins).

Also, did you delete all of CodeGen out of the map? All of the variables relating to CodeGen? All of the code?

Level 13
Did you update the horses yet?

Remember that when I did the save/load code for you, I treated the horse you had in the game as having 2 slots, not 6, meaning that having more than 2 items in it would actually corrupt the code.

Did you add the 2 slot, 4 slot, and 6 slot horse and make the current one have 2 slots?

I haven't personally been hosting this as that's a pretty serious bug =P.

Well, and since there are a lot of missing tier 2 heroes... and since I'm already at the lvl max : (, and since you have some level up issues (how I went from lvl 7 to 20 in like 30 mins).

Also, did you delete all of CodeGen out of the map? All of the variables relating to CodeGen? All of the code?

- Yup, I added 3 variation of horse as like as you said.
- Nope, I didn't remove yet all variables of CodeGen but I'm working on it.
- I will disable all 1st - 2nd class does not already useful...
- I'm working now on cleaning the leaks, later surely I going to ask you help too.

Level 3
there is itemstacking
you just need a second slot opened else it cannot stack
and regarding the quest... i also had it quite often
you drop the stack of mushrooms and pick it up again
then you got your desired number of em

Level 31
jxtranghero, since you removed all of the tier 1 stuff, did you replace an older unit with shaman?

If you added it to the catalog on a whim, then you just corrupted the codes. As you add new items, you have to increase the coder version or overwrite older codes =P.

Unless it was already added in? : O

I'm done going bleeeh, I'm sure you'll let me know if you run into a roadblock =P.

Level 4
Hello jxtranhgero, we like your map very nice terrain and heroes.
-You can say items the availability of, Item Available : Blade, Rogue bla bla..
-And little quests bugged, my english little sorry, but cool map.
-We say -help, help npc's model not work Green Cube :)
-And Full Leather Armor Not 10 armor i see this 7 armor and 2 hp reg.
-Duel system not available we cant say /ok or /no, Eurobattle say " unknown command ".
-Mytrll dagger and other little items not save, i load other games delete my mytrill dagger and little items.
-Save system interesting, i save my 9 lvl rogue and i load other games my rogue 11 lvl omg!? :D
-Ranger attack model not work, and ranger have 450 range maybe change 650 or 700 range.
We waiting your next version see you, good luck.

Last edited:
Level 4
- Hold Position icon not work
- Why delete all attachments, all players want attachment rpg's :S
- Rangers can use shields, I think the change.
- I write "-n" command, my change name "Player 1" success.But i again write "-n Anektod" or again "-n" not work.
- And maybe delete Move, Hold Position, icons.Use normal icons, you need mb for new versions.And normal icons more cool.
- Use block bridges, is very interesting:)
- But it seems a very good map of.If i any found bug, i tell you. GOOD LUCK!
3f6fca00.jpg

Last edited:
Level 31
-Mytrll dagger and other little items not save, i load other games delete my mytrill dagger and little items.
-Save system interesting, i save my 9 lvl rogue and i load other games my rogue 11 lvl omg!? :D

They do save... and there is nothing wrong with the save/load code.

It only saves a certain amount of gold, so if you go over that limit, then say goodbye to reliable save/load codes. I think the limit is 100,000, and by your screenshot, you are well above that limit.

There are 0 bugs in the saving and loading process.

Blame me for not adding a little check in there to see if you were over the max gold, but nobody thought about people using cheats and figured that nobody would ever reach 100000 gold =).

Try it again with only a max of 100000 gold and you will see that the codes work. It may have been 10000, but w/e, it's something =P.

Level 4
@jxtranghero
No Problem bro.I and we want good rpg, i tell your for all bugs.

@Nestharus
My code this in v1.9d;
0fd7cf39.jpg

My code in v1.9d work, but look my inventory in dagger.If i load for other games my Clot, potions, leather and Leg items work, but not work for Mytrl Dagger.You can test in multiplayer.
----
This photo in single player for bugs testing v1.9e;
I write greedisgood 10000000 for i look attachments delete.
3f6fca00.jpg

Last edited:
Level 13
All refuge's item should not save with first and second class character, even if you were barrow those things it doesn't save. I only notice this before, the reward item didn't save.

Let the "ENCODER" origin author fix this, right?

Well, time will tell... who knows?

Level 13
Ok, sounds good.

I'm going to rush now to fix all items needed to encode in catalogs, I'll leave all the rest into you when I'm done coding some new added side and main quest.

Edit:
I forgot to mention Questor hint are now available just use "talk" skill to them when you're doing their quest.

Last edited:
Level 13
Honey is pick-up herbs can be found in Green Valley "Middle" near Zhyria Central Stronghold, or drooped from any creeps by chances.

I was mention before you can hint the Questor given quest by using "talk" skills while doing their task.

EDIT:
Found little bug by restricted quest grouping, yet I will try to fix this later...
Fixed done!

Last edited:
Level 1
i was lost in this map. Huge and filled with areas. Looks good.

there were some things that i noticed in this map. You can think about improving these.

Grammar.
There were many grammar mistakes here and there. Small and nothing serious but there were mistakes.

Tooltips.
Some tooltips are missing. Travelling merchant has one.

Icons.
The hold position icon was fully green.

Directions.
I was lost in this map. In the quest of giving letter to the elite I had the name of person and the city but didn't have the directions to get there. Not saying that reaching there was tough but in later stages it might not be that easy to scan the map to get the desired position or item or whatever is needed in the quest.

Quests.
The quests present in the map can be done more than one time. I did the beetle taming quest many times. Is it meant this way?
Moreover the quest guide is missing info in the update of 15+ level.
What's with the mushroom I get after the antidote mission? Can be used any number of times. Can be used again if I want to do the mission again. Why so?

Inventory.
The items given in many quests get stuck in the inventory till the quest is done. It got frustrating when I wanted a class change at level 5 but couldn't do that due to the letter that i had to deliver. Maybe a quest failure option? Or maybe something else.

Ranger
The ranger standing in front of the initial town is little odd. It attacks enemies only when they come next to it. Shouldn't it have some range? Or is it meant this way?

This map seems good but the main problem is with the directions and the stuck items in the inventory. Sometimes I don't know where to go but I must go somewhere if there is an item stuck in the inventory.

Hope you will update this.
Best of luck.

Level 31
None of the rogue weps save..

investigating.

edit
apparently, it is loading up warrior catalog for rogue, so no wonder.

edit
Fixed.

jxtranghero, go to Loader2 trigger.

Go to line 27
Change it from this
set cat = ItemCatalog2[GetUnitPointValueByType(GetUnitTypeId(u))]

to this
set cat = ItemCatalog2[GetUnitTypeId(u)]

That'll fix it.

Sry all, my bad ^)^.

None of the items would have loaded except for warrior items. Your ranger's bow wouldn't have loaded either =P.

Inside of the ItemCatalog2 thing is this, lol..
classCatalogs[GetUnitPointValueByType(i)]

It takes a unit type id and I was passing in a point value ;D.

Now jxtranghero, do you want to create a third save/load code for more backwards compatibility, or overwrite last version?

How many versions do you want to go out? I suggest 3-5 =).

If you want to expand on it, then you'll need to do a few things, and I'll provide step by step guides on how to do those things so that you don't have to ask me to do it for your in the future =P.

The only time you should really need my help is when you are changing the actual structure of the save/load code.

Level 13
@Zelda.Alex

- Sorry for bad grammar I use to try my best but seem the same result came =)
- Those quest are "Repeatable" I'll find way to drops quest item and failing quest as the same time as like as you said.
- Use "talk" skills to find the location of NPC/area in quest, as I was post previously. (it PING the location)

Level 1
A small thing to mention.
Quest
For some strange reason I couldn't get the annoying bettle quest from the farmer even when I clicked 4 times. After I had delivered the letter I tried again and got the quest. Don't know why but thought to mention.

Suggestion
The strongholds are looking odd without guards. Wild creatures roaming inside a stronghold and attacking people make it look weak. Just a small thing.

@ jxtranghero
I talked with the captain (the one who gave the letter quest) and a position was pinged. The problem was that I had the spiderling quest also so it kept pinging at that location. Now after doing that quest I can see it pinging at the correct location. It was just that 2 pings were needed for the 2 quests but it pinged the location for the first one.

Getting back to the point of losing directions. Now that's solved with the pings. Only if pings were at all locations instead of one quest's location it would be better.

Just saw that repeatable. Sorry.

Try looking in map development section for someone to improve the grammar. The map is looking good but the problem is that I didn't get any storyline. That guide that you have included in avara town is good but it wasn't clear. Your map can improve a lot with proper english.

Still the map's very good.

Level 13
Yeah you were right, I was thinking before to ask some help from the others, but seem It's difficult for me to communicate very well. You know? I ask some very related friends but I got no response at all. Don't worry sir. Zelda.Alex I'm looking forward to it!

Mentioning of some bug quest hard to get, well, it's not a bug at all I was called this repeatable quest restriction. In able to minimize the quest log, some quest at the same level required is a part of that restriction, ex: Zhyria - Berries[lvl3-8] current, you cannot get Zhyria - Annoying Bettles[lvl3-8] at the same time. You really need to finish the same level quest first.

Level 13
@Nestharus

Note:
I move(not copy paste) two chest in first town "AVARA" inside guild house without disable the trigger within...

I was mention the ID's of Warrior and 2nd type horse "Courier" the same. then I copy paste the Warrior and delete the old one and encode the new ID's of copy paste Warrior into Catalog 1 line 135 without delete the line I just change 'H002' into 'H02V' is this fine?

Level 31
I was mention the ID's of Warrior and 2nd type horse "Courier" the same. then I copy paste the Warrior and delete the old one and encode the new ID's of copy paste Warrior into Catalog 1 line 135 without delete the line I just change 'H002' into 'H02V' is this fine?

did you make a new warrior object? If you did, it won't work =)

Also, I think that there are actually 2 hero catalogs? (not sure). If so, changing it in catalog 1 def will not work ;D

Level 13
I got many work today not related in editing map. Sorry for late reply I will take some time to read more about your stuffs as soon as possible.

Here is the new item: FOOD ONLY - useable item
Crunchy Crab Legs
Mushroom Soup
Fried Boars Meat
Cooked Eggs
Beer

Level 3
OK, so I started the game and I did some side quests, and the main quests up to the Introducing Armor quest. After that BANG! I'm stuck! I can't do the Profession quest, it tells me the quest is not yet available (I'm usually level 4 by then). So I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me what am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Level 3
Whatever level I am, when I click the Introduction Profession a message pops up: "Quest Message : The quest is not yet available.". It's not yet available because you didn't make it available (which I doubt because it's version 1.9 w.t.f.), or am I really doing it wrong? I really want to play this map and I'm going to cry if no one helps me.

Level 31
Whatever level I am, when I click the Introduction Profession a message pops up: "Quest Message : The quest is not yet available.". It's not yet available because you didn't make it available (which I doubt because it's version 1.9 w.t.f.), or am I really doing it wrong? I really want to play this map and I'm going to cry if no one helps me.

I was playing with a dude who had the exact same prob. I'm happy that I already had a max lvl before this profession business came around ;D.

And yes, there is an xp bug with the guards at the keep killing mutations. If they kill the mutation, you get mad xp. At level 35, I was getting like one level every 3-5 kills o-o. But first, you have to kill a few of the mutations for a while, then stay close to the guards, and then eventually, you can be anywhere on the map and still get the xp from the guards killing the mutations. That is how I reached level 40 very quickly ;P. And yea, farming gold there is also crazy... I made like 10k in no time at all, maybe 20 mins.

Level 13

Its simply not yet available, the quest has not yet encode.

Level 13
I was playing with a dude who had the exact same prob. I'm happy that I already had a max lvl before this profession business came around ;D.

And yes, there is an xp bug with the guards at the keep killing mutations. If they kill the mutation, you get mad xp. At level 35, I was getting like one level every 3-5 kills o-o. But first, you have to kill a few of the mutations for a while, then stay close to the guards, and then eventually, you can be anywhere on the map and still get the xp from the guards killing the mutations. That is how I reached level 40 very quickly ;P. And yea, farming gold there is also crazy... I made like 10k in no time at all, maybe 20 mins.

Honestly I have no idea about exp table and how to make it more fixable to the map. Surely I will focusing on this later =)

Currently I'm doing activating one more class :
Bladder - Executor
Slayer - Shadow Slayer